Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Who do you fear...

If we have to go through the playoffs? Personally I wouldn''t want to face Cardiff or Burnley in either the semis or final, but feel like we might succeed against most other teams in and around the playoffs at the moment.

[quote user="Patches OHoolahan"]If we have to go through the playoffs? Personally I wouldn''t want to face Cardiff or Burnley in either the semis or final, but feel like we might succeed against most other teams in and around the playoffs at the moment. [/quote]I fear nobody because this scenario is not going to happen.

The side I fear the most is ourselves. We have shown time and time again that we are just as good or better than the teams around us, and we can beat anybody on our day. But, I suppose it comes from supporting NCFC for a few years, we can also completely * it up against any team! Under Lambert I don''t feel as worried about us not going up/ losing in the Play offs as I did under previous managers as we don''t seem to ''bottle'' it in big games as much now, but I have seen time and time again us going so close and yet being so far away ( Vs Brummy in the Play off final for example, Go 1 up in extra time, and still manage to lose the lead and then lose the penalties!) The play offs really are a lottery, but if we don''t crumble under the pressure, I don''t see why we couldn''t win them. But obviously the Play offs aren''t an option!!

Agree with Cardiff and Burnley. Cardiff thrashed us as their place and were unlucky not to win my more than they did.

Rubbish, I thought we were unlucky to lose at Cardiff, we played the far better football and even a lot of Cardiff fans have said we were the best team to go to Cardiff this year, and 3-1 flattered them!

In your words ''Rubbish'' except our goal and a poor Jackson volley can you name me a chance we had? Bothroyd hit the woodwork a couple of times, and they carved our defence open many a time.

If we get in the play-offs i would think that means that Swansea get automatic. However, Cardiff are still in with a shout.

I''d fear Cardiff or Leeds in the play off situation.

No one has mentioned Reading! I. Think they could be a threat in playoffs but, as oft said, not planning on play offs!

[quote user="paulo79"]the reaper[/quote]

Hey ! Don''t fear the reaper. It takes 60 muscles to fear him and only 5 not to give a sh*t

I''m not alone when I say that since we played QPR off the park with a back-up team in January, that NCFC would take 2nd spot. NCFC have all the required skill, desire, determination and leadership to gain automatic promotion to the Premier league.Playoffs is not something we need to be wasting our energy on. Such talk is pure speculation at best.Oh, and the question should be, "Whom do you fear?" [;)]

fear is the mind killer according to Dune.....We dont fear anyone in this league and if we end up in the playoffs we can beat anyomne.

I fear Swansea.

They have been playing swift passing football just as we have, but have been lethal on the counter attack with Sinclair and Dyer. We have suffered in the last few weeks being pegged back by goals against the run of play (Preston) and counter attacks (Bristol City).

There has been a lot of debate about the lack of an in-form striker to share the goalscoring burden with Holt. Luckily, the midfield have chipped in at vital (and often late) moments, but I feel that our inability to kill teams off will come back to haunt us. There is no doubt that with our midfield we will create chances against even the likes of Notts Forest and Swansea on our run-in, but we need to be more clinical in possession.

I think the Scunthorpe game could be a difficult one, because they will fight to the death as a team struggling against imminent relegation. They will frustrate us and pressurise the likes of Wes and Fox who have been so crucial to our style of play.

The key will be playing more conservatively against Swansea, keeping possession for long periods and being clinical with our chances, because in an open game our defence will suffer at the hands of counter-attacking football.

Prediction: 2-1 against Scunny

I don''t fear any team that will give us  a good game. I hope that Swansea and Forest both come out strong and we come out on top. That will send a clear message that we have earned our rightly place in the Prem.The two things that do concern me are poor referees and injuries. Both of which we have no control over.As far as fearing any one team, I agree with Making Plans.

In a footballing sense I wouldn''t mind Cardiff but, it''s the trip to Wales that worries me!  I don''t really fear any team in a play off situation because I think we are good enough to beat anyone home and away.  However one team I would not like to play is Leeds as it would be inevitable for them to get revenge.

Seasons don''t fear the reaper.[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5hIvOoTJzH8/STrHMjSRZWI/AAAAAAAACRs/MHzo1iwp6oA/s400/blue_oyster_cult_spectres_retail_cd-inside.jpg[/IMG]

To all those who have stated that we will finish 2nd, we don''t need to worry about the playoffs etc, nothing is certain in football until mathematics dictates that it is so. Of course I want us to finish 2nd, but what if we do miss out and have to go through the playoffs? I admire the belief, but I have been disappointed enough over the years that I''ve watched Norwich not to be a little cautious, in spite of my belief in Lambert''s capabilities as manager.