Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Pacheco Interview..........(Soz if already posted)

http://www.marca.com/2011/03/26/futbol/futbol_internacional/espanoles_mundo/1301126855.html

Translated:

Dani Pacheco (Pizarra, Malaga. January, 1991) is in the news. The young Liverpool player has been loaned out to Norwich FC until the end of May, a team currently playing in the English Championship and who are fighting for promotion to the Premier League. Pacheco looks very motivated and sees the move as a challenge. Right now he’s in Malaga but next Tuesday he will join his new club. He acknowledges that he’s “experienced some rough moments with the ‘reds’ and doesn’t want to go through them again”. Norwich have eight games left where he will have the opportunity to show whether he could one day become a top player. He''s not lacking in desire.

What’s your take on the loan move from Liverpool to Norwich FC?

- I’m happy. I needed it. I asked for it in the summer but it’s only now that I’ve been granted permission. There are eight games left to play for Norwich where I will be able to gain experience and play minutes, which is what I''ve been looking for. Norwich are a team that have a lot at stake because there are possibilities to win promotion to the Premier League. After playing the European Championship with Spain [last summer] I asked for some playing time but I haven''t gotten much of it at Liverpool. Now I''ll have a chance to prove my value.

At Liverpool, have they told you whether you''re going to be a part of their plans for next season?

- We’ll see. It’s too soon to talk about that. Liverpool still have to finish their PL games and once they’ve wrapped up the season, then we could get a better idea. We’ll talk after the season and after the U20 World Cup, where I''ve placed a lot of my hopes. I’ve experienced some rough moments and I don’t want to go through them again. I haven’t gotten a lot of chances and I don’t want to go through the same thing again.

Have you already made any contacts with your new team?

- I’ve spoken with the manager, the Scot Paul Lambert, and they’re going to facilitate everything for me at the club. I’ll be joining them on Tuesday and to be honest I’m very eager and looking forward. I want to regain the sensation of playing football.

Norwich are very close to promotion to the PL but they still need a little push…

- I’m going there with all the desire in the world. I’m an attacking player. I’ve been told that a few of their forward players are injured. I’ll arrive there with a lot of ambition.

Do you see yourself in Liverpool next season?

- You notice that all the Spanish influence has been leaving the reds. Changes have been made and you take notice. Liverpool have a philosophy and they’re hiring more English people again. I still have three years left in my contract.

Do you feel ready to make the jump to a front-of-the-line club so to speak?

- I have the confidence. I need to be given the opportunity and then I have to show I’m capable. I hope that I can be present at the U20 World Cup, it would mean a lot to me.

Cheers for that - he''s talking a good fight with a deal of respect.  Obvious that something has not gone completely right for him at Liverpool so might be a chance of him being with us for a while!

Yep, what we don''t need right now is a fancy dan with no heart to upset the way the team plays, but Pacheco sounds hungry and can hopefully make an instant impact. Looking forward to seeing him play. It''ll be marvellous to see him and Wes, midget miracles, dancing rings around the Scummers!

Thanks for posting this Andy, interesting read. As has been mentioned, no hint of the ''Big Time Charlies'' there, and interestingly, talks about Liverpool as ''they'' rather than ''we'', which says alot I feel. Reading between the lines, the overall picture I get is that he may well leave Anfield before long, he certainly doesn''t talk about them with passion. Now if we can achieve promotion, and he does alright here..... That''s the kind of player we would need to be signing to stay up - Young, hungry, technically excellent - Ticks all the right boxes.

Maybe I''m aiming too high? ;)

Very excited about this move! Once again i think Lambo''s pulled it off, he sounds excited and hungry to play football, perfect. I do realise im getting ahead of myself but hey?! We''re almost there...