Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

The Perfect Line-up

Stevenage said, "One interesting thing is the majority have dropped Flemming, which I agree with. Lots of you seem to be playing players out of position though, just to accomodate them because they are your favourties. Francis on the left wing and Holt on the right wing, are you serious? We have to stop playing people out of position and play the best available natural player for the position."

What''s fascinating about this is, as someone suggested the other day Worthy has made him team captain and in doing so seems to have implicitly pencilled his name in on every team sheet irrespective of his performances. Several have already noted that he hasn''t performed - like several others - but given his crucial role in the heart of the defence I think many have noted that more solidity needs to be obtained. If Fleming hasn''t performed he needs to be dropped - seems simple to me. And he does have an obvious yet youthful replacement in Shackell whose only sin has been to perform well against Kluivert. I say give Shacks the chance alongside Doherty and make Helveg the captain at right back.

[quote]During this season there will be a time when these players wont have injuries at the same time trust me. SO say if our team had no injuries what so ever This is the pefect line up for me: ...[/quote]

Take safri outKeep mulryne in he is top quality

Mullers is quality. Can you explain that one to me as I have seen much of it over the last couple of seasons...

OTBC

Its a straight 4-3-3 for me and I too am in the "drop Flem" camp.

.................Green...................

Eddy........Doc........Charlie......Drury

..........Safri...Helveg..Damo...........

..........Leon....Deano...Hucks..........

I just think that Norwich have very few, if any at all, naturally wide midfielders. This begs the question: Why does everyone keep playing wingers? Hucks isn''t a winger, apparently Jonson isn''t (god knows what he is though), WLY isn''t really, Hendo isn''t (see my Jonson comment), neither is Jarvis, Helveg or Bentley (when he was here)

Green

Helveg Fleming Doc Charlton

Jonson Safri Francis

Bentley

Ashton Svensson

With hucks on the bench as a super sub, to terrorise knackered defences.

[quote]Green Helveg Fleming Doc Charlton Jonson Safri Francis Bentley Ashton Svensson With hucks on the bench as a super sub, to terrorise knackered defences.[/quote]

Bentley doesn''t play for us anymore!

[quote]Bentley doesn''t play for us anymore![/quote]

Last I heard, Arsenal had agreed to take him back in principal, but we''re waiting to see if we can fill his loan space. Has the situation changed since then?

how about this        

Green   

helveg    doc    charlton    brennan    

jonson     holt       damo     wly  

aston    hux      

Hux is not a winger!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I dont rate drury (atfaul 4 2 on sat)    

believe wly should be given a chance        

OTBC

Interesting that still no two people have posted EXACTLY the same.  Everyone is tweaking it slightly.  Is this because it is actually a really hard decision to pick the best 11 players based on what we have seen?   Or is it because people on here can''t agree and want to be different to each other so if their team does well they can gloat?

Either way it proves it ain''t so easy and then factor in the attitiudes of the players behind the scenes, their fitness, work ethic, performances in training etc. etc. and you can see it''s not a simple job for anybody.

Running a Sunday Team is much easier, if the players have paid their subs and were at trainin they get picked over those that owe money and didn''t show up for training simple.   Perhaps Nigel should charge subs, lol.

I can see some merit in a 4-3-1-2 with 3 defencive midfielders protecting a weak defence would give us some security, although boro do have a rather talented winger. With a 3 man midfield we could be exposed to teams who use wide men effectively and I think Downing comes into that category this season. As long as we cover his threat from midfield to support Eddy then it could be worth a go.

Leon (probably, I''d rather have Jonson), as Ashtons partner, can chase the loose passes from the back (lets face it he is unlikely to score) and feed a roaming hux sat in behind the striker pair. This freedom could bring hux back to his most creative and threatening.

The big big big downside with this formation is the likelihood that our midfield will be over run by boros. We have not dominated many games from midfield with 4 or 5 players so going to three does leave me more than a little nervous...

OTBC

Zip, although your points are good, this thread is not about line up for the Boro game, but line up if we had zero injuries. For the Boro game I agree 3 in midfield won''t be great.

[quote]...................Green Helveg...Shackell....Doc.....Charlton Jonson....Francis....Safri....Huckerby ..............Jarvis....Ashton[/quote]

If they were all fit then that would also be my starting line up.  My subs would be Ward, Drury, Brennan, McKenzie, Crow.

[quote]Take safri out Keep mulryne in he is top quality[/quote]

He might be top quality in the pubs and clubs, but definitely not on the pitch at present.