Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

The Perfect Line-up

During this season there will be a time when these players wont have injuries at the same time trust me. SO say if our team had no injuries what so ever This is the pefect line up for me:

Green

Helveg       Fleming     Charlton        Drury

Jonson       Francis    Mulryne/Safri  Huckerby

Svensson         Ashton

What are you thoughts and who agree''s ?

Post your best teams too.

That looks like the ticket, or me at least, although I''d definately have Safri over Mulryne...!

[quote]Green Eddy Flem Doc Charlton Jonson Safri Helveg Hucks Ashton Mckenzie For me anyway[/quote]

No Francis DDIM?

Francis for Helveg, and Helveg for Eddy and you have the best CURRENT team imo.

Would like to see a replacement for Fleming and Hucks positions though, with Huckerby up front with Ashton if we really want to stay up though.

[quote]Green Eddy Flem Doc Charlton Jonson Safri Helveg Hucks Ashton Mckenzie For me anyway[/quote]

No Francis? Ooo..

Its not easy is it?

Green

Eddy Fleming Doc Charlton

Jonson Safri or Helveg Francis

Hucks

Svensson Ashton

Maybe?

[quote]No Francis DDIM? Francis for Helveg, and Helveg for Eddy and you have the best CURRENT team imo. Would like to see a replacement for Fleming and Hucks positions though, with Huckerby up front with A...[/quote]

Shropshire and Kent!  My unreserved apologies!!  How on earth did I miss out Francis!?  I''m just not used to picking from so many players Let me revise it:

Greeno

Helveg  Flem  Doc Charlton

Jonson  Franny Safri  Hucks

Ashton  Leon

...................Green

Helveg...Shackell....Doc.....Charlton

Jonson....Francis....Safri....Huckerby

..............Jarvis....Ashton

Green

Helveg       Fleming       Doc       Charlton

Safri

Jonsson              Francis       

Huckerby

Ashton                Mckensie

1). Stops midfield dropping to deep and offers support attack.

2).  Gives plenty of options to pass to and is difficult to break down.

3).  Compensates for our lack of out and out wingers and concentrates the ball where we strongest.

green

eddy       fleming   doc    charlton

jonson     francis   safri    mcveigh

ashton          svensson

hucks needs to be rested.

I agree that Mullers has no place in a city best side and despite my concerns about Holt ability he gets in ahead of Mullers every time for me.

My best line up from the current squad, excluding bentley, would be

Green
Helveg Shackell Doc* Charlie
Jonson Safri* Francis McVeigh*
Hux Ashton

Leaving sven as the most unlucky player in the squad but as excellent cover for Ashton. The * show where we need to strengthen the squad as the players are not really good enough.

Ideally I would like to play a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1

Green
Helveg Shackell(new player) Doc Charlie
Jonson New player Francis Another New player
Hux
Ashton

OTBC

Kid Canary, I LIKE!!!!!

However i am undecided as to whether to have Svensson or Mckenzie with Ashton.

No - not a return to the diamond please; its the one system this season that I have truly detested watching...

And as for Leon making any perfect city line up...

OTBC

memories are a bit hazy. every time a player has a poor game he goes to the bottom of the pile only to surface again after a few games when the performance is forgotten and his successor has disappointed. Safri, Mulryne, McVeigh, Svennson, Holt, MCKenzie and shoot me down in flames Helveg have yo-yo''d throughout in the opinion polls.

replacing (albeit thru injury) Jonson with McVeigh was the (down) turning point in the spurs game and yet now some want him back!

McVeigh returns for me only as part of a lack of viable alternative on the left wing and my desire to play hux as a striker. I agree with you FTFW that McVeigh is not up to the prem task hence one of my transfer targets is a left midfielder.

I would also have him in the current injury hit side on the basis that he is a preferable option to Brennan or Mullers - and have stated so consistently.

OTBC

Personally zipper, I believe the diamond formation is good because it makes a team very difficult to breakdown, theres no good going 442 when we just dont have the wingers and our strength is in the centre of the park (injuries not with standing!).  Saying that the formation I posted was more of where I saw each player operating rather than a rigid formation.

I agree Huckerby shouldnt be put on the left, but as for up front, he misses far to many chances, hence putting him behind the front 2.

I''m afraid I disagree about mckensie, I just think half his problem has been the lack of a decent support/striking partner, which something all our strikers will continue to suffer with if somethign isnt done about the midfield.

I like Zippers formation with two alterations.

Based on someone elses post in the forum about Blackburns change of fortunes I would do the following:

Green
Edworthy Doc Shackell Charlie
Jonson Safri Helveg Francis
Hux Ashton

Put some solidity into the spine of the team by playing Safri and Helveg in holding roles. If you really want Helveg at right back then I say put Holt back in in central midfield in the holding role.

The other alternative is to go to a 5-3-2 formation with:

Green
   Doc Helveg Shackell
Edworthy           Charlie
    Jonson Safri Francis
          Hux Ashton

Worthy needs to get back to solidity in defense and not giving away silly goals first and foremost. Like Blackburn they can then work on getting goals the other end when they''re on a footing that means they''re not 2-0 down to start with.

[quote]No Francis? Ooo.. Its not easy is it? Green Eddy Fleming Doc Charlton Jonson Safri or Helveg Francis Hucks Svensson Ashton Maybe?[/quote]

Kent has got it right IMO: 4-3-1-2 works brilliantly in FIFA and FM2005! This is the way to go because there is no way you can commit Huckerby to a regular position when he will leave his partner (be it Ashton up front or Drury behind) to fend for themselves with 2 players on them.

Our weakness is the defence - complete lack of height and awareness. This is where we need a loan player - someone to sit in the centre of defence or defensive midfield in a different formation...3-5-2 perhaps. 

Green

Helveg   Doherty  Charlton  Drury

McVeigh    Francis    Safri

Huckerby

Ashton         Jonson

..and by and large this the approach that the Baggies are now taking. Three draws and very unlucky last minute defeat yesterday (and progress in the FA Cup away at a top 8 First Division side), and they too are showing signs of improvement. They''ll be hard to beat on Feb 5th rest assured, and they too will feel they are due a lucky break at the other end (Earnshaw could have had a hat-trick first half yesterday).

We''ve shipped 14 goals in our last 6 games: not the basis on which you can build anything as we won''t win 3-2 very often!

Come on Worthy - recognise where the problem is now and get that backbone right.

Green

Helveg    Fleming   Doherty    Charlton

Jonson    Francis   Holt     Huckerby

Ashton     McKenzie

Though we definatly need a new midfielder to partner Francis! Two up front is also a must having seen the performance on Saturday

I cant see why all of you are playing McKenzie along with Ashton, I mean dont get me wrong he is a great player and has done well for us but if i remeber correctly he gets chances and blows them, thats when Svensson started to come into from and during his last 2 games he was superb, espeacially against Bolton and we were playin really well, then he got injured ... then so did almost every other Norwich player so for me its:

Green

Helveg    Fleming     Charlton    Drury

Jonson   Francis   Safri   Huckerby

Ashton    Svensson

For me i can see this line-up going into a game as getting something out of it, wheter it 1 or 3 Points, Dnt you think.

How about?

Green

Fleming    Doherty    Charlton

Edworthy                          Brennan

\/        Safri        Francis      \/                      

Huckerby 

Ashton          Svensson 

Subs: Gallacher, Drury, Crow, McKenzie, Helveg

With Edworthy and Brennan doing the attacking down the wings. Safri to drop back into the area in front of the defence when needed, and Francis to bomb forward when attacking. Huckerby would then be able to play as a roaming forward, not shackled to the left wing as he seems to be now. Svennson over McKenzie but only just. The ''\/'' shows the movement of Edworthy and Brennan with the covering defenders closely watching the opposing forwards when we''re attacking - as we got caught out like this for Villa''s 2nd goal.

I haven''t seen Shackell play this season but here goes.

I''d switch Jonson over to the left and bring back the unfairly maligned Holt.

Green

Edworthy Doherty Shackell Charlton

Holt Helveg   Francis  Jonson

Ashton  Huckerby

This is my line-up, it''s funny because I realise it is very similar to the last one (not sure who it was posted by because for some odd reason I cannot see any names on my screen tonight)!

Green

Helveg    Fleming   Doherty    Charlton

McKenzie   Francis   Holt     Huckerby

Ashton     Jonson

The only difference is McKenzie on the right wing and Jonson up front, you could switch if things were going too pear shaped. I think Jonson should be given a run up front. I know it is rather attacking but that is the best form of defense. When we play too many in midfield it never seems to work, stick to 4 4 2. I think Sven would be a good sub once fit again. I also had problems to decide between Helveg or Eddy, i''d give helveg a run and if not good enough put Eddy back. I also strongly believe that a fully fit Holt is worth sticking with, we can look gutless in the middle without him. Shame to drop Drury but Chalton is a better passer and looks more confident, he is also positionally a bit more aware and that is important with Hucks on the left wing.

green

helveg   doherty  fleming  charlton

safri  francis

jonson                   hucks

ashton   mckenzie

not sure whether svenson will work wilth ashton?

Isn''t it nteresting how many different teams have been suggested?  I don''t think any two posters have agreed on one starting 11.  We all claim to know all the answers but 20 of us can''t even agree on the best 11.  It''s not so easy is it?   Plus you have to take into account the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition on the day.  Personally I trust in the professionals, Worthy and staff, to pick the best 11.

One interesting thing is the majority have dropped Flemming, which I agree with.   Lots of you seem to be playing players out of position though, just to accomodate them because they are your favourties.  Francis on the left wing and Holt on the right wing, are you serious?   We have to stop playing people out of position and play the best available natural player for the position.

For what it''s worth if everyone was fit this is what I would suggest.

Green

Eddy          Helveg          Doc          Charlton

Safri

Jonson                 Francis

Huckerby

Svensson              Ashton

Helveg is clearly a class defender with the most experience and therefore is clearly the man to sort out the defence from a central role.  He also hasn''t been miles better than Eddy, but both have been better than Flemming, so that was an easy decision.   Doc is getting better and given this nice run in the side seems to be working for him.  Charlton is still one of best defenders and definitely keeps Flem and Drury out of the side.

Jonson playing in a midfield 3 from the right being allowed to get forwards on attacks.  Safri as the holding role.  Francis part of a midfield 3 playing slightly to the left and getting forward lots on attacks.

Then the most important thing is Huckerby given a free role behind the strikers, should create havoc.   Svensson was coming on nicely and can hold it up and shoot partnering Ashton who definitely seems to know where the net is.

The lay out is attacking minded.  When defending Huckerby would probably naturally be over to the left tracking the right back or winger, so Francis would slot in as usual to a kind of 4-4-2 anyway.  The point is Huckerby is given free role which would be dangerous and the other 3 midfielders need to be aware enough to adjust their positions depending on where he is playing from.