Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Crewe (h) 99-00

City vs. Crewe Alexandra, 1999-2000. Sport Desk Pete''s suggestion. In the midst of many seasons of midtable mediocrity, a few games of real sparkle stand-out in six seasons of at Norwich City Football Club. And this probably isn''t even one of them.Darren Eadie returns from an umpteenth injury to secure City''s vital first win on the season. Would Eadie be so remembered if he was in a better team?

Good to see one of the "lesser" games.

Fugelstadt was a frustrating player-when he was up for it, he was brillinet-fast, an eye for the pass, and, as we saw there, for the cross as well. Didn''t happen too often though.

Eadie would stand out and be a class act in any Norwich XI.

I tried out a speed gun for penalty taking outside Carrow Road one summer. I won with 69mph! The guy said it was the fastest he''d had....apart from the players. I enquired who and he said Darren Eadie just got 82mph. He''s half my size. And a star.

You notice Mark Rivers?! Eadie has a bit of a giggle with him after he comes on. Both wingers, but that''s about all they had in common. In terms of class and ability they are worlds apart.

[quote user="canarydan23"]You notice Mark Rivers?! Eadie has a bit of a giggle with him after he comes on. Both wingers, but that''s about all they had in common. In terms of class and ability they are worlds apart.[/quote]Haha. Eadie was a special player, such a shame he had those injuries.

Brilliant player second only to Disco Dale, and he mugged Leicester to bid £3m for a crock.

Brilliant, cheers for that, I distinctly remember being at this game as a 10 year old but I''d forgotten how good Eadie''s goal was!

Final game before I left Norwich for uni. Remember going bonkers celebrating Eadie''s goal and left for distant shores knowing we''d be in safe hands....

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Brilliant, cheers for that, I distinctly remember being at this game as a 10 year old but I''d forgotten how good Eadie''s goal was![/quote]s10, your avatar is my most favourite football fan shot ever.An extremely temperamental Molineux crowd disappointed again and utter humiliation for that guy on ITV Sport. It''s a shame we don''t hate Wolves anymore.

Classic isn''t it. I''m forever in awe at the amount of care he took in colouring in all the letters just to make his message extra clear for the Wolves players (and the TV cameras). Good times.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Classic isn''t it. I''m forever in awe at the amount of care he took in colouring in all the letters just to make his message extra clear for the Wolves players (and the TV cameras). Good times.[/quote]He must''ve done it before the game too!That and Peter Drury exclaming whilst the cameras are on the Wolves fans at Carrow Road "Now they''re feeling better", as Sturridge put them one-nil up. Just to get three goals back in the second half.Those play-offs changed everything.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]That and Peter Drury exclaming whilst the cameras are on the Wolves fans at Carrow Road "Now they''re feeling better", as Sturridge put them one-nil up. Just to get three goals back in the second half.[/quote]It might''ve been Jon Champion actually. They used to sound the same.