Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

A cheap way of staying up

Raid the Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool maybe even Chelsea reserve/youth teams.  I''m sure we could pick up a couple of loans from these top clubs.  IMO you don''t stay long at these clubs if you don''t have a lot of potential.  I think trying to take a couple of the kids on loan could pay dividends.  Look at the gooners youth team.  They beat Man City first team in the cup, Liverpool beat Spurs first team.

No disrespect to Jarvis, Crow, Hendo etc etc but i think a couple of cheap loans from top sides (ala Bentley) could be a good option.  It''s extra bodies on board 

Thoughts?

A lot of these clubs get in youngsters because they can.

This means that a lot of them (ie Notman, Mulryne, Bellion etc) are bought just in case they turn out to be amazing.

9 times out of 10, they are not amazing, and don''t fulfil their potential.

Also, I don''t believe that we have the caoching here to get the best out of young players, so we should probably keep it to 24 years old plus.

I think Worthy has been trying to persue this avenue, although both Arsenal and Chelski have both told him that they have no-one available because of their long own injury lists.

I follow your reasoning DD,

But I feel our immediate need is for an "Ince" or "Keane" type player, in the latter period of his career, able to inflict his experience and knowledge into our rearguard, and generally boss some discipline  and invention into our midfield.

Might cost a few bob in wages but such a  man on loan for three months could be our salvation this season.

I M V H O

i have to agree with Jim here. We need someone with experince at this level who can help the players we have. We do not need anymore talented but inexperienced youngsters in a relegation fight.

I know some of these names wont be popular but how about:

Teddy Sheringham

Dion Dublin

Chris Sutton

[quote]I follow your reasoning DD, But I feel our immediate need is for an "Ince" or "Keane" type player, in the latter period of his career, able to inflict his experience and knowledge into our rearguard,...[/quote]

You make an excellent point Jimbo.  Perhaps exerience would be important.  I was probably only suggesting raiding the kids as they might be more accessable than the ageing experienced pro''s.  I''m not sure who we would be able to tempt?

[quote]i have to agree with Jim here. We need someone with experince at this level who can help the players we have. We do not need anymore talented but inexperienced youngsters in a relegation fight. I kno...[/quote]

You can see why us and several other clubs aren''t having much luck in the transfer window with loans. The three players mentioned above are all playing for their respective first teams aren''t they? Would we loan a first team player out? No, neither will they.

I think most clubs have trimmed their squads in recent years and there is a lot less depth of players around, hence the number of younger players being talked about. Anyone we get would have to be better than what we''ve got. For example, better than Mulryne. And where did he come from?

[quote]http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1781_262845,00.html Interesting link here.[/quote]

Ah well DD,

Me and Nige never did see eye to eye, that''s why he''s the manager and I''m just me.

He will ring me when he gets desperate !

But I still think he''s great !

I haven''t read the other replies, so I may be repeating something that has already been said, but look at Liverpool reserves last night against Burnley, Manure at home against Exeter........ need I go on