Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

5 games in a row - none on Saturday

After tomorrow we haven''t got another Saturday 3pm kick off for the rest of the season.

Hard to swallow for a trad like me who used to turn up every other Saturday at twoish after a pint or two nearby.

Tea and a piss at half-time.

Then listen to Sports Report in the car at 5pm.

I prefer it now though. I see far more football (TV.)  It is at a variety of levels, from International to League 1, and if it doesn''t entertain I can switch to the cricket, the golf or the rugby (Sky.) 

As an exile, I see much more of City (on TV) than I have a right, considering my one or two visits to CR per season hardly contribute to the Club''s coffers by very much. There are after all far more exiles like me than the admirable 25, 000 who turn up at the Carra on a regular basis. Think of us my friends.

Times change. I can live with it. What is so sacrisant about 3pm on a Saturday after all? We have much more choice these days. The World of communication  has changed. Why should football stand still?

I was actually thinking about this earlier Broad as I''ve always very much loved the "Every other Saturday" attitude. However, over the years, I''ve actually come to like the variation more. It can be exciting sat there at work on a Friday thinking "Aw brilliant, got a game tonight." It does become a pain for the hardy fans that follow us home and away but I''ve grown to enjoy the variation in fixtures. As you say, it also benefits all you guys and gals that have flown the nest when they''re rescheduled for TV.

I''d get used to it if we''re promoted.

The whole of the Premier League revolves around TV scheduling and we won''t kick off many times at 3pm on a Saturday.