Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Wilbraham out for the season

Shame, as he was just finding form and got his goal, the poor guy. Hopefully he has done his bit to push us up, and with Vokes and Pacheco now in for us, we should have enough cover to and firepower.

All the best Wilbraham!

[quote user="notts_canary"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]That''s us f*cked then....  [/quote]Sarcasm?[/quote]Qui moi?   [:)]

Has received a lot of stick from fans but I felt he did ok and what was asked of him by Lambert. He was never going to be pretty and score lots of goals but he led the line well, particularly away from home when he would get us up the pitch when under pressure. He also gave us a Plan B late on in games and I don''t think its a coincidence we scored a lot of late goals with him coming on as a sub to add an aerial threat in the box.

With Vokes & Pacheco in for the season, as well as Martin to return sometime this month, we shouldn''t miss him too much.

A short-term role which he performed admirably.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="notts_canary"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]That''s us f*cked then....  [/quote]Sarcasm?[/quote]Qui moi?   [:)][/quote]Can never tell with you [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Has received a lot of stick from fans but I felt he did ok and what was asked of him by Lambert. He was never going to be pretty and score lots of goals but he led the line well, particularly away from home when he would get us up the pitch when under pressure. He also gave us a Plan B late on in games and I don''t think its a coincidence we scored a lot of late goals with him coming on as a sub to add an aerial threat in the box. With Vokes & Pacheco in for the season, as well as Martin to return sometime this month, we shouldn''t miss him too much. A short-term role which he performed admirably.[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better myself [Y]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Has received a lot of stick from fans but I felt he did ok and what was asked of him by Lambert. He was never going to be pretty and score lots of goals but he led the line well, particularly away from home when he would get us up the pitch when under pressure. He also gave us a Plan B late on in games and I don''t think its a coincidence we scored a lot of late goals with him coming on as a sub to add an aerial threat in the box. With Vokes & Pacheco in for the season, as well as Martin to return sometime this month, we shouldn''t miss him too much. A short-term role which he performed admirably.[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better myself [Y]

[quote user="notts_canary"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="notts_canary"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]That''s us f*cked then....  [/quote]Sarcasm?[/quote]Qui moi?   [:)][/quote]Can never tell with you [;)][/quote]Cluckstin Powers... International Man of Mystery.  [:)]

Are you sure?.....I would have thought that part of ''what was asked'' of him would have been to score a free header from 3 yards out against Doncaster and score when clear on goal from 6 yards out in injury time against Preston.......those dropped 4 points would have been fairly useful now!?. Lets hope that if those kind of chances fall to the two new loan players, they won''t be quite as wasteful.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Completely ignoring that he played a part in crucial goals against Middlesbrough, QPR, Cardiff and Millwall of course...[/quote]Very generous saying he had a crucial part in the goals against QPR, Cardiff and Millwall.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Completely ignoring that he played a part in crucial goals against Middlesbrough, QPR, Cardiff and Millwall of course...[/quote]So the wheels come off the Wheeliebin and its gone back to the council yard for repairs. I doubt we will ever see him again so farewell Wheelie and thanks for the memories.

Against Millwall it was his header (a very good one, in all honesty) from the initial long-ball that found Holt, who then combined with Lansbury for the latter to score.

Can''t remember QPR as vividly, but I''m sure he was involved in the build-up as well. He most certainly was at Middlesbrough.

And Cardiff, although maybe not fully intentional, he took the marker off Martin and even (if I recall) got a touch from the initial cross.

I''ll throw out the fact he won us a corner against Sheffield United out of absolutely nothing which led to Croft''s winner as well.

I think the criticism of Wilbraham was way over the top. He did what was asked of him, and for what he allegedly paid, we can''t complain. Personally I feel sorry for him, as now it''s probable that promotion would end his Norwich career, and he''ll be forgotten by supporters.

For me, if we go up, Wilbraham deserves the recognition he has yet to receive from most quarters. Not a goalscorer indeed, but he did his role for the team admirably.

Better strike-rate than Chris Martin as well, not that it matters!

I would imagine that the idea he will feature in some way is why he joined us and why he is having the op now - the quicker it''s done the sooner he will be fit.

With Martin, Pancho and Vokes available we are not that short (ubless you want a joke about Jackson''s height) of strikers. I would have thought the medical team would have picked up on something that immediate before signing him anyway.

So good luck Mr Weelie Bin (don''t ever head down the A140 with that nickname) and lets hope you are ready for your weekly collection again by August.

ps I was going to add ''and that those putting you down are talking rubbish'', but it sounded a bit too corny