Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ipswich Ticket Allocation Shocker

Norwich City have announced that group two away supporters (season ticker holders with 10 away stubs from the last 12 months) are oversubscribed for Ipswich tickets later this month. Instead of going straight to a ballot they have produced a new group, group 2a, giving priority to those fans who travel the greatest distance to support the Canaries. In an effort to repay the loyalty of Norwich City''s wonderful travelling fans this group will consist of any one who can produce 5 ticket stubs from away matches in the last 12 months which had a round trip of over 450 miles.

The club say there have seven such matches: Bristol Rovers, Blackburn Rovers, Preston, Bristol City, Cardiff, Middlesborough and Burnley. Fans with at least 5 stubs from these games are assured a ticket at Portman Road on April 21st.

This is good news for Norfolk people who travel great distances to watch their team. But it is very bad news for fans who don''t live in Norfolk because there are no calculations for distances travelled from other counties. Delia Smith commented that this was "unlucky tucky!" adding that "we are a Norfolk club for Norfolk people. We are not running a class system but those from elsewhere, or who have turned their back on Norfolk, will have to take their chances in the ballot".

[quote user="nutty nigel"] 

Norwich City have announced that group two away supporters (season ticker holders with 10 away stubs from the last 12 months) are oversubscribed for Ipswich tickets later this month. Instead of going straight to a ballot they have produced a new group, group 2a, giving priority to those fans who travel the greatest distance to support the Canaries. In an effort to repay the loyalty of Norwich City''s wonderful travelling fans this group will consist of any one who can produce 5 ticket stubs from away matches in the last 12 months which had a round trip of over 450 miles.

The club say there have seven such matches: Bristol Rovers, Blackburn Rovers, Preston, Bristol City, Cardiff, Middlesborough and Burnley. Fans with at least 5 stubs from these games are assured a ticket at Portman Road on April 21st.

This is good news for Norfolk people who travel great distances to watch their team. But it is very bad news for fans who don''t live in Norfolk because there are no calculations for distances travelled from other counties. Delia Smith commented that this was "unlucky tucky!" adding that "we are a Norfolk club for Norfolk people. We are not running a class system but those from elsewhere, or who have turned their back on Norfolk, will have to take their chances in the ballot".

I''ll give you 10 for that one, knocks spots off mine so I won''t bother now

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"] 

[/quote]

I rang the ticket office as i only had ticket stubs for three of the games you have mentioned Nutty and they said that if i produce five ticket stubs from your till proving that i drunk at least five pints of Taddy not only will i get an Ipswich ticket but a ticket for the 100 metre final at the 2012 Olympics[;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Unlucky Nutty, I''m not falling for your April Fool trick.[/quote]

Just why??? [*-)]

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]Can you run the whole thing by me again, I got lost at Ipswich...[/quote]I feckin'' wish.......

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Raymond Getard"]Can you run the whole thing by me again, I got lost at Ipswich...[/quote]

I feckin'' wish.......
[/quote]

Even if this thread was genuine why on earth are you reading it? It is intended for people who support Norewich City and actually go to games.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Raymond Getard"]Can you run the whole thing by me again, I got lost at Ipswich...[/quote]I feckin'' wish.......[/quote]

Even if this thread was genuine why on earth are you reading it? It is intended for people who support Norewich City and actually go to games.

[/quote]Look out... Blod the cardboard super sleuth is out of bed.Besides which I tend to follow Norwich City not Norewich. Sticky fingers from picking that big conk of yours again?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Raymond Getard"]Can you run the whole thing by me again, I got lost at Ipswich...[/quote]

I feckin'' wish.......
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look out... Blod the cardboard super sleuth is out of bed.

Besides which I tend to follow Norwich City not Norewich. Sticky fingers from picking that big conk of yours again?
[/quote]

Well spotted E next to R on the laptop.If i do have my fingers "picking that big conk" i suppose it is better than having my head up inside my bum like somebody on here.[:P]

They have a Portaloo Stand.[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/pp_portaloo.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Pity Cityangel isn''t around, she''d definitely know.. ;-)[/quote]

Ouch!

Gerry Harrison"]Do they have a Portman Stand?

That is the original name of the s hit heap inadequate stand where the away fans go!

If you were the real Gerry Harrison (1960''s to early 90''s legendary football commentator for our region) then you''d know that!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Gerry Harrison"]Do they have a Portman Stand? That is the original name of the s hit heap inadequate stand where the away fans go! If you were the real Gerry Harrison (1960''s to early 90''s legendary football commentator for our region) then you''d know that![/quote]

He''d also remember saying "Poor old Ian Cranston - what dreadful luck for ipswich." when Johb Deehan''s deflected effort made the overall scores level in 1985.

Binner!! [;)]

The dreaded nutty family owned that video until  Mrs nutty recorded an episode of "Sons & Daughters" over it. [~][:@]