Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

What do you think they make of this then?? . . . .

Hi all,

After a 6 year absence from here I''m back, albeit with a new alias! ;-)

Anyway, just watched the game on my laptop, and what a fantastic performance. Confidence flying high and hopefully the momentum can be carried on into the biggie against Swansea. I think a lot of people are almost forgetting the threat of Cardiff though. They''re now up into 2nd after a solid win themselves, and even with a result against the swans we still face some tough games, away to Watford, Pompey and Ipswich and of course at home to Forest. I personally think that Cardiff are the ones to keep an eye on and more likely to trouble us than Swansea.

But anyway, I digress . . . I wonder what the likes of Elliot Bennett and Mackail-Smith must be thinking when they look down through the results today and see us clear in 2nd, having spanked Scunny 6-0. I imagine they must both be extremely gutted that their respective clubs denied them the chance to join us and be a part of the success story this season.

So should we get promoted, does anyone believe that we are likely to go back in for either of them?? Does anyone feel that either can come in and add something to our squad and cut the mustard if we''re in the prem??

Discuss . . .

Me personally, I felt that Mackail-Smith would''ve been a big gamble even in this league, and I''m not convinced he''d be the right man to spearhead our attack should we get promoted. Yeah he''s banging them in for the Posh, but he''s no spring chicken and not exactly established at Championship level or above. As for Bennett, can''t really comment as I don''t know much about him.