Sign in to follow this  
grinner

sack worthy

sorry but he has to go. he can no longer get the team up for a game.look at the past 12 games or so. they sometimes turn up for the first half or second half or not at all.the team for villa were all senior pros which he has signed.no kids were in the team.get rid of them if they are not good enough.iam fed up with the same c--p the he tells us, work ethick,100% etc.be brave board.but we now that there will be no change as he has them in his pocket.all i can say fizzy  here we come.

So you''d sack the man who''s been a big part of the reason for the rise of the club from the bottom of D1 to the Prem?

And who, pray tell, would you replace him with? Megson?

Yeah, good plan grinner, lets kill off any lingering hopes of survival by putting the club through a pointless (and very expensive) folly.

No one has a better chance of keeping us up than Worthington.

you what? have you even followed this club for the last 10 years? i guess not!. who has taken us further in the last decade than nigel worthington. thats right, no one has. pre nigel, who would think of us spending 3 million on a player, i certainly didn''t. nigel is the man for the job. he''s learning, just like the team are. your not going to get it handed to you on a plate. if we stay up, are you going to be complaing if were not top of the league or challenging for champions league? i suspect so. if you want glory, support one of the top 3. if you want to be part of a club trying to move forward (which may take some time) then support norwich. Ask any football fan who knows theyre arse from theyre elbow and they''ll tell you nigels the man for the job. if you think otherwise, then go and support man u. we dont want you. yes your entitled to your opinion, but unfortunatly for you, being an idiot revokes that opinion. nuff said. now find something sensible to say.

Whilst I admire what Worthy has done for Norwich I am not certain we will return at the first attempt should we be relegated. 

Having just watched Burnley beat an understrength Liverpool I wouldn''t fancy facing them at the moment. Burnley showed how to pass the ball quickly getting behind Liverpool defenders,goodness only knows what they could do to us. We are to slow in our build up preferring to pass the ball across the back four, allowing the opposition all to get behind the ball, before lobbing the ball into a packed defence.

Lets dispense with the Howard Wilkinson method and go with the Brian Clough thought that if football had been meant to be played in the air there would be grass up there. Fast passing to feet or into space going forward rather than sideways or backwards and movement off the ball may help.

I wouldn''t sack Worthy at the moment but I would tell him that I expect far more than effort from the players.Should we go down that would be the time to say cheerio to the manager, first team and reserve coaching staff and the fitness coach and bring in somebody that could bring back the football to the club.

Grinner,what were you expecting?Challenging for a European place?Take a reallity pill, mid-table obscurity would have been a multi-orgasmic dream,17th on goal difference was always the realistic target,yeah let''s sack Worthy butat least come up with a viable alternative.........still thinking?No I can''t think of anyone either. 

How could you even suggest a thing like that. May I remind you that before Worthy took over the yellows, we were bottom of the first division, close to relegation to the second division. When he took over, he immediately took us to the play off final, took us to 8th place, and then promotion to the Premiership. And you are now saying that we should sack him just because we are 2 points adrift in the relegation zone. The fans are behind (all except you), the players are behind him and the board are behind him as they have shown many times. If you don''t like it then clear off down Ipswich as you seem to be a glory hunter.

What I say to you is NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

IN THE WORDS OF VICKI POLLARD FROM LITTLE BRITAIN:

OH MY GOD I SO CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!!!!

YEAH... BUT NO.. BUT.... YEAH BUT NO... BUT YOU DON''T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU''RE TALKIN ABOUT SO SHUT UP!!!!

[quote]sorry but he has to go. he can no longer get the team up for a game.look at the past 12 games or so. they sometimes turn up for the first half or second half or not at all.the team for villa were all ...[/quote]

Yer and that will really help the club cimb out of the bottom 3 and beyond with this new and wonderful manager from the planet of really great and successfull  managers , get real grinner if you are to make such stupid comments at least put a name to who you would like to replace worthy who I.M.O. has done a fantastic job to get us where we are. 

Yeah, nice one Grinner.  That''s what we call a ''Changamoto'' in Tanzania - meaning ''stoke the fire'' - ie, you''re a wind-up merchant.

If we beat the Boro (not so ludicrous as it sounds), then we''ll be grinning right back at you...

i am sorry it is stick or bust with worthy now

what would a new manager bring to the club look at robson at west brom what has he done maybe they are playing better now than they did but.........

it would take too long for a new manager to settle in

also if we do go down he has the knowledge and experience to take us straight back up again

[quote]sorry but he has to go. he can no longer get the team up for a game.look at the past 12 games or so. they sometimes turn up for the first half or second half or not at all.the team for villa were all ...[/quote]

Groan!. Please tell me this is a bloody wind up, grinner.

If not, than God help you mate.

Your idea is sheer madness!.  

Please!??!

Before worthy came here we were a relegation to the second division type team, who were going nowhere!!

He did what: Bryan Hamilton, Bruce Rioch, Mike Walker, Gary Megson and Martin O''Neill (Ok prob could''ve got us up) couldn''t.

In his first full season we were in the playoffs, second: there or there abouts, and third: won the league!!

He has made some good and bad signings, however not all the top managers in england get it right straight away...... Blanc, Poborsky, Veron etc.

He is the right man for us, and i''m not being funny but the players have had so many chances to put goals away and get themselves out of the situation they are in now, but lacked the bottle.

Do you think it''s coincidence that the players generally come out beter second half?? My thinking is that they get into the dressing room and worthy asks them what the f**k they''re doing out there and sticks a rocket up their arses!!

What does it matter what Worthy tells us, at the end of the day it is not a true reflection of what he is saying in house, after all ''Ashton out of price range''

I think you''re way off mate!!

I agree this is a ridiculous post, although not a Worthy supporter, you can''t fault where he has taken us in 4 years.

But 17th on goal difference, have you seen our goal difference soon will be worst in league, unlikely to be saved by goal difference methinks. 

Hmmm NO. I see little point in changing Worthy; as another poster pointed out on another post, he can hardly make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. And for the most part the committment levels have been superb. Jumping straight back up following relegation will be very very difficut to do; it is as much about getting some confidence as having the best team.

However I do agree with ridgemans comments about concentrating on passing to feet rather than relying on hoofing and have posted as much; a bit of quality coaching would go a long long way.

OTBC

A shame that we have to be embaressed by such a fool coming on to a board which has a good reputation.

However, I think some of us fans knew that this would happen. NCFC gets promoted, most of us who have been supporting for more than 5 years were realistic in the sense that we would be very lucky to stay up and 17th would do it for us.

We also knew that some of the "newer" fans, especially those that jumped onto the glory boat would get upset and start moaning about results and getting relegated. I am not scaired of relegation, if anything it has taught me not to like players too much, think of some of the heroes we have had in Div one, how few of them would have been cut out to make it in the prem.

I am proud of the team we have now because it is the best team we have put together since we were relegated and they are proving it.

Worthy is a class manager, look at which players he has got to sign extended contracts, Green, Francis and has brought some decent youth into the equation rather than Che Wilson or Adrian Coote and throw in Forbes as well. They were never any good and have proved it since!

Grinner obviously isnt that bright anyway. He suggests worthy should get rid of players that arnt any good! Last season they were all more than good enough, this season it is a different league and maybe some of them are yet to make the grade.

Apart from anything else where does he suggest we get the money from to replace them, and at the same time bring in the re-inforcements that we need to bolster the squad? Basically its impossible. Like Worthy has said, at some point we will just have to knuckle down with what we have.

If I ever put a posting on here and nobody replies it can in a way hack you off because you feel as if what you have said is not worth the time for anybody to reply.  So why or why has this posting received such a large number of replies for what I believe is an obvious wind up from a binner with nothing else better to do.  No replies would have p****d him off a lot more than the 20 or so replies he has managed.  Just ignore comments like this and lets talk about things that really matter. 

And what good will come of sackin worthy, Nothing it is pointless, If we did we would have to begin the search for a new manager and all that he has done for us it would a same to see him go.

grinner

although i am not, and probably never will be worthy''s biggest fan (at least not tactically) to be honest he is not going to get the sack! 

he has achieved a lot for the club in a relatively short space of time and despite our having not much money (as often quoted by the board) he has managed to extract same from them for major purchases

it is not really his fault that half the team are injured, if they were all training injuries, then yes, we could look at the coaching methods, but this is not the case.  Yes, some of his tactics are naive and his team selections poor at times, but given the small squad and the leap up in class from the first division i think he has done as well as anyone could do, given the club''s means of attacting big name managers, who are not always the answer anyway

as someone else suggested, he needs to learn more about attractive football played to feet and on the floor, but when handling doomcaster and his money pot, worthy has no rivals

I guess you''re suggesting that another manager could get more out of the players we have. Personally I think he''s getting the max out of pretty much all of them. When he talks about the level of commitment and work-rate, what he''s not saying, but alluding to, is the gap in quality. In other words, "how can I fault my players when they are genuinely trying their best", even if their best isn''t good enough. Which is fair by me.

I also think you''re being harsh. Against Liverpool I felt we played at our very best, we dominated for parts of the game, created some good chances, scored a great goal. But lets face it, in the end Liverpool just had that extra bit of quality when it counted. What''s to complain about in that? Against Portsmouth? Bolton? All good performances for me. Against West Ham I just think they weren''t up for it, simple as that... and not very surprising given our record in cups in recent years - the league is more important. Villa was a different matter, perhaps more like the Fulham game. So ok, they don''t do the business every game - but which team does? Let''s have their manager then.

I just refuse to be down hearted this season. At the end of last, I refelected that the games against West Brom, Palace etc had been some of our hardest, and we only won one of those when Palace were crap. It dawned on me then that those same games would in theory be our easiest this season. Then you realise the enormity of the task. It''s no coincidence that Palace and West Brom are down there with us. So even if we go doan, I salute the effort put in and am really encouraged by some of the players we''ve signed. Doherty and Ashton are young and have a great future ahead of them - hopefully with us. We''ve improved, we''re moving forwards, even if we have to take one step back again in order to take 2 forward.

Sacking Worthy would just be the one step back.

Is he "Worthy" of the sack?........I don''t think so!

In reality, if we''d been an established Premiership club of, for arguments sake- 5 seasons. With our present position and amount of goals conceded, he would have certainly gone before Santa came. But, as I will personally confess, I initially felt that when he was first appointed, he wasn''t the man for the job.

I have since realised, that the "boy" has more or less come good.  It would most certainly be counterproductive, and an almighty backward step financially, with the cost of the compensation payments required, coupled with the disruption it would cause to our already ''tired & depleted'' squad would be a negative move to relieve him of his current duties.

I think though, if this time next year, and, if the ''lord forbid'' we are unfortunately in the same position, but languishing in the "Fizzy ''gut rot pop'' League" he will I feel, have to fall on his sword and do a "Wolvsie Dave Jones type thingy!"

Only 5 out of 10 for his tactical awareness coaching ability "at this moment in time" I''m afraid......Anyway! who would replace him? Ian Crook?..OTBC ;~)