Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Thankyou Barclay!

Just want to say as it was my first match this season I was reminded just why i missed Carrow Road - the fans in the Barclay just make the atmosphere incredible and made me and my mate in the Jarrold stand up and join in the songs. The wesley hoolahan song is class - its stuck in my head! Does anyone know the name of the song that tune is from...I recognised it from somewhere.

[quote user="Lambert for MBE!"]Just want to say as it was my first match this season I was reminded just why i missed Carrow Road - the fans in the Barclay just make the atmosphere incredible and made me and my mate in the Jarrold stand up and join in the songs. The wesley hoolahan song is class - its stuck in my head! Does anyone know the name of the song that tune is from...I recognised it from s

Most of the noise comes from the snake pit tbf! although its good when everyone joins in!

Athem, I think you''ll find, We''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay, we''re Barclay over here.I thankyou so very much.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]Snakepit making more noise? Don''t be soft sunshine.[/quote]

i sit in the N and P its very clear who makes th loudest noise! ther are few more in the barclay, but noise is the Snake pit!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="O.T.B.C"]Snakepit making more noise? Don''t be soft sunshine.
[/quote]

i sit in the N and P its very clear who makes th loudest noise! ther are few more in the barclay, but noise is the Snake pit!
[/quote]

Dont be silly

Don''t want to get involved in the argument- you guys are doing fine yourselves!! But fair dos- both the Barclay and Snakepit kept the atmosphere going yesterday- a worthy mention too to several elements in the Jarrold Blocks G & H who were ''up for it''[:D]. It was very noticeable however that anyone in the Jarrold who stood up to get some noise started very quickly had a visit from a steward [:(] [:(][:(]. A bit disappointing when 2/3rds of the Barclay lower stands as a matter of course. Understandable I suppose given the number of kids and elderly evident in those blocks in the Jarrold yesterday.It''d be awesome if the the club promoted the sections in the Jarrrold next to the away support as ''noisy zones''- where you go if you want to stand and sing- then we''d have a bit more of an atmsophere going with noise from all directions at of that end of the ground and particularly either side of the away support- I''m sure the rest of the ground would respond too [;)].           

[quote user="keyser Soze"]I noticed there was one fella who seemed to be leading all the singing in the Jarrold........good work son![/quote]Yep- well done that man [:D]- if it was the chap in Block H near the front, he was immediately told by the ''orange bib mafia'' to sit down.[:(]  

It''s hard to tell from the heart of the Snakepit who makes more noise but one thing is for sure, the snakepit do make an incredible amount of noise with a lot less people in it than the Barclay.One thing is for sure, we need to keep it going until the end of the season and beyond, it''s a pity we can''t get songs bouncing back and forth between the 2 stands eg.  BARCLAY: Oh when the greens SNAKEPIT: Oh when the greens    BARCLAY: Go marching in

SNAKEPIT: Go marching inBOTH: Oh when the greens go marching in, I want to be in that number, when the greens go marching in.  Repeat

It is difficult to get the section of the Jarrold near the away support to be that loud, because due to the variable size of the away section, there can be no season tickets holders in it, as the seats cannot be guaranteed for every match. ST holders by their nature go to more matches than non-season ticket holders and so know the words better and find it easier to join in. They are also more confident in the reactions of their neighbours to standing etc,

That block means that it is difficult to join in further down the Jarrold, where there are STs, as from that distance the words can be indistinct, making joining in harder and less natural.

A possible solution would be to have a block of season tickets that move dependent on the size of the away end*, but that brings its own problems with people not knowing what seat they will be in week to week.

*ie Jarrold, ROW E, 17 seats from away end.