Sign in to follow this  
stopage time winner

Sam Voakes

[quote user="yellow blood"]Typical knocking of a guy after only 20mins at the club...people like you should just fuck off[/quote]This.cock!! And it''s vokes. [:)]

I thought he looked ok, put himself about a bit and looked a bit of a handful.  He didn''t look too sharp with the couple of chances he got but we need to ''cut him some slack'' as regards his match fitness.

Well, he can''t be judged on yesterday''s 20 minutes or so. I think he can be a part of our run in, though after yesterday there is some big competition for a place in attack!

Stupid post.

Time will tell. For now I am quite happy with the signing.

We suddenly have that Premiership look about us, not just Vokes of course, but the resumed confidence at the Club as a whole.

He looked better than wilbraham for me. I thought he did okay as he has only been with us for a week. i am happy with him signing

[quote user="tubby65"]He looked better than wilbraham for me.  [/quote]

Don''t really think you could come to that conclusion based on anything Vokes did yesterday. Not saying that I don''t rate Vokes but it was pretty obvious he wasn''t match sharp/match fit. Probably quite a similar situation to when Wilbraham joined actually - they need to (and will) get him up to speed quite quickly.

If the roles had been reversed and it was Wilbraham who wasted that peach of a ball from Lansbury do you think you''d have been saying he looked better than Vokes?

Just give him a bit of time to settle, he will come good, he didn''t have long on the pitch yesterday but I''m convinced he will become a vital link

I love how all the OP said was that he looked like a slightly tubbier version of Chris Martin from the stands and everyone jumps on him like he''s said he''s the worst player ever to be signed. He didn''t even make reference to his performance. For the record OP, I too thought he looked like a bigger Chris Martin. Probably down to the haircut.

Cheers"who let the fox out "someone has picked up correctly what i posted ,he looks like a larger chris martin from a distance .No reference to his ability or anything else football related just the fact he looks simular , i apoligise i spelt his name wrong but thats all i got wrong .There was nothing to moan about yesterdays game so my post was an easy target for some of you , no offence taken and none meant OTBC

[quote user="grant holts goin to "]Cheers"who let the fox out "someone has picked up correctly what i posted ,he looks like a larger chris martin from a distance .No reference to his ability or anything else football related just the fact he looks simular , i apoligise i spelt his name wrong but thats all i got wrong .There was nothing to moan about yesterdays game so my post was an easy target for some of you , no offence taken and none meant OTBC
[/quote]

I actually thought the same thing too, think he was wearing white boots aswell which Chris Martin has worn for most of this season I think. With regards to his performance - didn''t have too much time on the pitch, looked a bit rusty but not bad; I don''t think it has anything to do with match fitness as he had been starting for Sheffield United and Pacheco you could argue should be less match fit, but didn''t seem to be untill he tired towards the end. With Vokes I just think it is a case of him getting used to our style of play, and up to speed with how we do things

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="grant holts goin to "]Cheers"who let the fox out "someone has picked up correctly what i posted ,he looks like a larger chris martin from a distance .No reference to his ability or anything else football related just the fact he looks simular , i apoligise i spelt his name wrong but thats all i got wrong .There was nothing to moan about yesterdays game so my post was an easy target for some of you , no offence taken and none meant OTBC [/quote]

I actually thought the same thing too, think he was wearing white boots aswell which Chris Martin has worn for most of this season I think. With regards to his performance - didn''t have too much time on the pitch, looked a bit rusty but not bad; I don''t think it has anything to do with match fitness as he had been starting for Sheffield United and Pacheco you could argue should be less match fit, but didn''t seem to be untill he tired towards the end. With Vokes I just think it is a case of him getting used to our style of play, and up to speed with how we do things

[/quote]It all depends on the fitness levels they have at their respective Clubs, give him a couple of weeks at Colney and his fitness level will rise.