Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Promotion at Portaloo Road?

I was just thinking that being 4 points ahead all ready and with just 3 games left after the Ipsh1t game, we could potentially win our next 4 games and be promoted at the end of the local derby game. I know its a long shot as it would require both Cardiff and Swansea to drop 6 points in that time, but anybody think this might possibly happen?

We''d need to be at least 13 points clear as we''re playing a day or two ahead of the other teams, so they''d still have four games left (i.e. 12 possible points). Might be a bit ambitious. Would be fun though!

Yeah I guess thats the biggest obstacle to the possibility of this happening. It would be a shame if we went up 2 days after the game whilst not playing a match. Having said that, winning the next 4 games would most likely put us well clear of third and generate a similar party atmosphere making the rest almost a formality.

Highly unlikely to be honest, would be a bitter sweet moment if it did happen though but could still be a bitter sweet moment if we win anyway by taking another big step towards promotion. The look on their little faces would be priceless after what happened the last time we played their, never in a million years would they have thought of us getting promotion to the Premiership before they would after our Relegation 2 years ago. A club of Ipswich''s size could never bounce back the way we have and they know it. [:P]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Yeah I guess thats the biggest obstacle to the possibility of this happening. It would be a shame if we went up 2 days after the game whilst not playing a match. Having said that, winning the next 4 games would most likely put us well clear of third and generate a similar party atmosphere making the rest almost a formality.[/quote]You''d get over it............

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Yeah I guess thats the biggest obstacle to the possibility of this happening. It would be a shame if we went up 2 days after the game whilst not playing a match. Having said that, winning the next 4 games would most likely put us well clear of third and generate a similar party atmosphere making the rest almost a formality.[/quote]

You''d get over it............
[/quote]

a shame? lol..jesus

It would amazing but I can''t see it happening. Swansea and Cardiff are dropping points at the moment and Swansea would have dropped at least 3 as they would have lost to us, but we do have to remember that we also drop points, though I believe we''ve only lost once in our last 17/18 games.

Still, if we did win our next 4 games I reckon automatic promotion is almost certain.

I wonder if they will wave money at us this time ?

perhaps they could make do with unpaid rent demands from the borough council instead

should be enough of them laying about for the numbes they get in at poorman road

Errr....now forgive me but let''s not get ahead of ourselves, we''ve achieved nothing yet, defeat at Swansea next weekend and we are very catchable with this tricky run of games coming, Watford and Ipswich away won''t be easy, neither will the Forest game.

I know I''m towing the Lambo line here but let''s just take it one game at a time. Scunthorpe were awful, there are far bigger tests coming. If we get to the last 3 games level with the competition I''ll take that as our run-in from there looks very inviting.

It''s looking good though...