Sign in to follow this  
Panic

The reasons why we are where we are

On various websites and message boards (and arguements down the pub), many have wondered what NCFC''s secret to success has been this season. Let''s face it, it''s been a bit of a surprise, but there must be an answer to this. So I ask you; the Pink ''Un message board, what has the magic formula this season?I''ll get the ball rolling:Most of the players out on the pitch and on the bench yesterday were "playing for their place."I can''t remember the last time we had a scenario like this. I know the 03-04 season squad was similer, but I seem to remember there was a lot of ''dead wood'' in that squad and there was a large clear out in the summer with many of the players that year not even Level One standard let alone Premier League. But now we can have one of our best players substituted (Hoolahan) and replaced by an equally (or only slightly less) superior player (Lansbury, who in my opinion will go on to become a very good player in the future). This was mentioned on the Football League show last night, and our strength in squad depth will, I believe, get us promoted this season.

Scoring late goals.

The teams ''never say die'' attitude that has won us games that we could (and probably would have in the past) drawn. The belief of the plays - instilled no doubt by the management team - is great at the moment and having players like Holt lead the line and put in a massive ''captain''s performance'' every week is great to watch.

As has been mentioned above, any team who can bring Lansbury, on for a cameo role. to replace Wes Hoolihan must be a bit special.

Tierney? What a gem and out of the blue. This manager is good.

Thie litttle Spanish gem, what a signing and it seems due to PL''s friendship  with Kenny Dalgliesh.

Having said all that PL''s managerial history prior to NCFC was a bit average. It all blends well  together, at last ie. Grant. Roeder, Gunn.