Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MOTD Blackpool Defence

Showing how because their CB''s play wide and like to pass ball around they have been caught out. We play very similar to this and maybe we would have to change if we go up?

Lets not get carried away now. We are in a great position but need to worry about current games at the moment, in particular our biggest game of the season (I''d say, anyway) away at Swansea on saturday!

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Lets not get carried away now. We are in a great position but need to worry about current games at the moment, in particular our biggest game of the season (I''d say, anyway) away at Swansea on saturday!
[/quote]

and then 6 big games after that [Y]

No, they were saying how it can leave them vulnerable at the back if the midfield lose the ball. They also showed how it can be very effective.

Barcelona''s centre-backs split wider than anyone''s- they move into the full back positions when Barca have the ball- and it is the foundation of their whole attacking play. It forces the full backs to push on and allows them dominate the opposition much easier.So, it can work, if you have the players- but unlike Barca, Blackpool are not better everyone else in their league. It is a very attacking way to play, and if you''re good enough to be able to control the game, as Barca can against anyone, and we are against a lot of teams in this league, it works. If you''re a weakish team, then you''re asking for trouble.