Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

The Jarrold Stand Atmosphere!

Hi Guys attended my first match today with my best mate - what a match to be at! Sat in the jarrold stand and just want to comment on the atmosphere. Its so quiet and I loved it when the Barclay were singing ''sing us a song'' at us! Me and my mate loved it and got involved in the on the ball city! I just wish people just didnt look at you as if you were just some wierdo spoiling their time at the game!

I sit in the Aviva bit and it would be nice if we could learn the words to songs instead of clapping frantically! [:P]

As Norm snakepit, and part of lower Barclay which keeps the atmosphere going... if you sit in upper Barclay, jarrold, N+P, City Stand be prepared for slow death

So very true! Imagine the atmosphere is every stand sang and chanted like the Barclay and Snakepit? It would be literally rocking. Was a little disappointed with the lack of noise, I understand its a family stand; but most of the chants were simple clapping chants that can really lift everyone! Ive sat in many different stands, and when singing OTBC before kick off...I could only hear myself and my friend in the Jarrold.

[quote user="Boyo''"]I sit in the Aviva bit and it would be nice if we could learn the words to songs instead of clapping frantically

That did make me laugh, people were clapping completely out of tune to the song!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]As Norm snakepit, and part of lower Barclay which keeps the atmosphere going... if you sit in upper Barclay, jarrold, N+P, City Stand be prepared for slow death[/quote]Dont knock the upper barclay.  i sit up there every single home game and the atmosphere there is bloody loud.  its not just the lower part that make the noise. 

Yes but nice to see the Jarrold Library stand up 6 times, oh sorry 7 they had to go early for Halftime book change and coco.

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Boyo''"]I sit in the Aviva bit and it would be nice if we could learn the words to songs instead of clapping frantically

That did make me laugh, people were clapping completely out of tune to the song!

[/quote]No-one told us what key it was in.........

We sit in the Jarrold, everyone around us always sings the words to OTBC and gets as involved as you can in a place where you''re not allowed to stand up. Front of the Jarrold is much better, at the back it''s like you''re viewing something happening somewhere else, far away.

I was watching from the City Stand for the first time in years, I''m usually Barclay Lower, and I was amazed at the noise coming from the Jarrold. They outsang the Barclay several times so fair play.