Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

DO YOU HAVE A SECRET SOFT SPOT FOR IPSWICH? (AND THEY FOR US?)

something I wrote about my how trying to evaluate my feelings towards our friends in Suffolk

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/why-all-arsenal-fans-are-secretly-in-love-with-tottenham/

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I couldn''t care about ipswich at all. Im not even bothered to much about the derby! Leicester means more to me!![/quote]Not a Norwich fan, Banana''s a Cov fan.I have no soft spot for Ipswich, what Norwich fan does?

Please O/P desist, part of the fun of supporting City is seeing that lot in trouble.

Do you forget the barbs we were subject to, even on this Board, when Gunny took us down? They had a feast on "Tractor Boys" etc.

They seem rather optimistic with regards to next season, I personally think that Jewell has become a bit of a yesterday''s man. Ask any Derby fan or reader of the News of the World  toput the boot in. Nothing of any significance will happen there next season IMHO.

Better us than them. Our squad is better by a mile, our manager is better by a thousand, our gates are better by many thousands and I, for one, requiesce in our total superiority. 

I will do on April 25th when they away to Swansea. I wont hold out a lot of hope of them going hell for leather then, 3rd game before end of season.

"Do you forget the barbs we were subject to, even on this Board, when Gunny took us down? "

or the songs/chants about Gunn''s lost child from the North stand ?

"I wont hold out a lot of hope of them going hell for leather then, 3rd game before end of season."

as with Carlisle at Carrow Road last seaon

[quote user="barclaystand"]I did have something soft for Ipswich.... Then I flushed it away![/quote]Exactly!!!I''d go as far as to say that I would genuinely dance and rejoice if

portaloo road burnt to the ground....as long as it was empty at the time

of course.What the heck kind of thread is this anyway? Have you had a recent head injury Woodsy? Or, maybe you''re a binner yourself?

[quote user="woodsy"]something I wrote about my how trying to evaluate my feelings towards our friends in Suffolk

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/why-all-arsenal-fans-are-secretly-in-love-with-tottenham/[/quote][img]http://www.munster-express.ie/files/2008/02/mrbinmanfreeze.jpg[/img]

At the start of the season I didn''t care about Ipswich at all, as of course I wanted them to finish 24th (as always). I just about always want them to get thrashed every game (but don''t we all?) but this season I am slightly grateful to them (but why?).

It isn''t just Lambert and the form of our players that has taken us to go 4 points clear in 2nd, other sides have played a big part in it as well. Ipswich won 2-0 at Cardiff and held Leeds to 0-0 draw. As a result of this, Ipswich are one of the sides that has been causing our promotion rivals to drop points whilst we''ve been gaining them. I reckon this must be rather irritating for them though.

If people hat them so much.  Why the excitement about derby day? [*-)]If anyone has the balls to admit it, if you love to hate them (vice versa) we have a small soft spot for each other.  Who missed the derby game last season even though it was a brilliant adventure last season?  I did slightly and guess what the majority of binners did too.

Love to hate them, I''ll admit football wouldn''t be the same without them but that doesn''t mean I don''t enjoy seeing them suffer. They are scum and as long as we continue to overshadow them as the best team in EA like we have done this season then they will remain nothing more than the harmless neighbors in terms of our promotion push which is the number 1 priority.

I''m afraid the cr@p we had to put up with from the Scummers when they got promotion was enough for me to hope that the club dissolves into administration (again) and beyond. Here in Bury, the swine came pouring out of every orifice, the local radio station lost the plot and even placed ads on local buses shouting "Who needs canaries when we''re are singing the blues". A complete co ck of a bloke (his name escapes me) wrote a piece in the local rag about Gunn, never once mentioning his outstanding work for leukemia charities, and was largley condemend by right minded folk, but not by ITFC.  Sheepshanks embarked on a personal crusade telling everyone how ITFC would be the kings of East Anglia for years to come.

ITFC is supported by 12,000 fans and about 40,000 people who went to every game in Europe in 1980.

The arogance of the half wits that run the club still astounds me, from the bumbling Patrick Cobbold through the highly policital and unpleasant Sheepy to the current Olympic Cast - Off Peg Leg Clegg that said "a small club to the north has just been relegated. ", then came up with the bizzare idea to employ Diddy Dyer to sell more season tickets.

No sympathy from me.

If we go up then I desperately hope we get them in a cup next season. Hate not having a derby game. But I''d happily see them go down the leagues, but the derby game is just pure magic.

I must say I have more respect from a footballing point of view for someone that supports their local team,be it Norwich,ipswich or anyone else,than i do so many idiots that support the likes of Liverpool or man Utd and the only thing they know is that the ground is somewhere north of kings Lynn.

I love derby day and the banter,bragging rights that goes with it.I would love us both to be in the premier league,as long as we do the double over them every year and finish above them.

my girlfriend and all her family are ipswich fans so i have to be tolerant when around them.as for the club i hate it with a passion! mis managed and got away with it time after time because sheepwan*s is on the committee at the  F A.

Ipswich and Suffolk aren''t the same thing. Around Southwold is as beautiful an area as you will find anywhere and the same goes for many other places in Suffolk. Norfolk is the same... but our City is something they can only dream about.Stowmarket has a stink about it for some reason though.