Sign in to follow this  
Delias bit on the side

13 Sept 1952

Last time we scored six in this league at home was against Millwall in 1985, we won 6-1 (in front of 12''349!!!), won the league that season...

[quote user="Delias bit on the side"]The last time we won a league game by six, 8-1 win at Shrewsbury in Division 3 South. Today saw our biggest win EVER at this level. Correct me if I''m wrong![/quote]Wrong by miles mate. I recall us beating Birmingham 6-0 on a mid week evening sometime in the 60''s.Ricardo never forgets. 69/70 I believe.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Delias bit on the side"]The last time we won a league game by six, 8-1 win at Shrewsbury in Division 3 South. Today saw our biggest win EVER at this level. Correct me if I''m wrong![/quote]

Wrong by miles mate. I recall us beating Birmingham 6-0 on a mid week evening sometime in the 60''s.

Ricardo never forgets. 69/70 I believe.
[/quote]

I remember it well!  It was in April 1970 - Foggo and Silvester scored - I don''t recall the other scorers

Last 2 home games of that season I believe. Didn''t walker then get sacked that summer as well or did I make that up?

Was in the Barclay for that midweek 6-0 win over Birmingham but didn''t we have another 6-0 win around that time.  I know the memory is supposed to fade with age but am sure between ''67 and ''71 there was another one?  Don''t want to go up into the loft to turn out the old end of season reviews so hope someone can remember.

can''t remember another 6-0 around then. lost at palace by 6 around that time

="Christov"]Last 2 home games of that season I believe. Didn''t walker then get sacked that summer as well or did I make that up?

The 2 home games against Huddersfield and Swindon both saw 5-0 Canary wins and these were Mike Walkers last home games before he left the club!

6-0 v Stoke March 1963 against the champions elect. Three reserves in and one of them Jim Oliver got a hattrick. He was then dropped for the cuptie the following Wednesday against Newcastle which we won 5 - 0

yep, funny old run that

FA Cup win at Blackpool the week before

.... followed by another FA cup win at Man City

then a 7-1 stuffing a week later at Sunderland and being knocked out of the cup at home to Leicester

still there were healthy wins against Leeds and Chelsea ............so it wasn''t a bad old MONTHS'' football for your money - 38 goals !

FA Cup Wed 06 Mar 1963 Blackpool 1 - 3 Norwich

English Division 2 Sat 09 Mar 1963 Norwich 6 - 0 Stoke

FA Cup Wed 13 Mar 1963 Norwich 5 - 0 Newcastle

FA Cup Sat 16 Mar 1963 Man City 1 - 2 Norwich

Div 2 Wed 20 Mar 1963 Sunderland 7 - 1 Norwich

Div 2 Sat 23 Mar 1963 Norwich 3 - 2 Leeds

FA Cup Sat 30 Mar 1963 Norwich 0 - 2 Leicester

Div 2 Sat 06 Apr 1963 Norwich 4 - 1 Chelsea

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Delias bit on the side"]The last time we won a league game by six, 8-1 win at Shrewsbury in Division 3 South. Today saw our biggest win EVER at this level. Correct me if I''m wrong![/quote]

Wrong by miles mate. I recall us beating Birmingham 6-0 on a mid week evening sometime in the 60''s.

Ricardo never forgets. 69/70 I believe.
[/quote]

Spot on ricardo - I was there that night must have been one of my first night games.