Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Jackson to start?

Would you start with Jackson next week? If a hat-trick can''t earn you a place in the starting team I''m not sure what would! It''s tricky though, everyone played brilliantly today and even with Wes going off injured Lambert has got some difficult choices to make, Lansbury came on and played superbly and Volks also had a good debut. However they say don''t change a winning team and if possible I would go with same again for Swansea.

It''s a tricky one. How do you not give a start to a player who came off the bench and scored a hat trick in twenty minutes? That said, Paceco looked quality as well. It''s a good dilemma to have!

"Id say the only change would be Lansbury in for Wes, if hes injured "

This. I have not been one of the people criticising Jackson all season, so was over the moon when he got a hatrick in about 20 minutes, and I never thought I''d say this but even so, I would still start with Pacheco. His link up play today was brilliant, aswell as not being afraid to have a shot - he oozes class, and although Jackson does deserve a start, I think the team would benefit from Pacheco starting with Jackson coming off the bench to stretch the defence

Never thought I would say this after someone has got a hat trick. But it would be an absolute travesty if Jackson started the next game. Pacheco was magnificent. Throughout the game he was a major threat. He linked the play suprebly, went past people and was always keen to run in behind. He gave us a cutting edge and ability to turn the defence that has been slightly lacking at times this year (hyper critical I know). I am not convinced Jackson could have that of impact from the start. But its magnificent to have a confident striker to bring on against a tiring defence.

Jackson def. is on the bench.

Pacheco offers so much and jackson has started enough games and haven''t got to the tempo.

New kid will start and jackson can come on as a sub.

Now however he will not be anxious coming on, but no question pacheco is the better fit and better starter. So Jackson is on the bench and will be a squad player for this run in

If Hoolahans injured then Pecheco should be moved into Hoolahans free role with Jackson upfront with Holt!

Lansbury seems better as an impact player with his energy and running a great asset against tiring opposition!

We have to liken Jackson to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer for the remainder of the season, use him as a super sub

It''s obvious to me Pacheco needs to be starting as many games as possible from now on in, he could really be the last peice of the jigsaw that see''s us up.

Agreed with the comments above the only change, Lansbury (who was excellent) in for Wes if he is injured. Harsh on Jackson but I think he will understand

Didn''t notice anyone mention it, but before someone does.

Keeping him on the bench shouldn''t knock his confidence. If Lambert tells him he wants him on the bench to come on and score goals late on if needed, while Pacheco spends the first hour or so doing what Jackson can''t do.

I personally think Lansbury deserves to start, when ever he doesn''t, he always comes on and does something wonderful.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]If Hoolahans injured then Pecheco should be moved into Hoolahans free role with Jackson upfront with Holt! Lansbury seems better as an impact player with his energy and running a great asset against tiring opposition![/quote]

I have to disagree. Pacheco has had an absolute stormer playing up front, so why move him from his natural position?  Lansbury is the player ideally suited to playing in that role behind the strikers and has done so before to great effect. He absolutely ran the show against Derby at Pride Park (when they were actually playing well and were 5th).

I''d leave the team just as it is replacing Lansbury for Wes if his injury requires it. I just think if it ain''t broke, why fix it. I also think pacey players impact best against tired teams.

Lansbury is exactly what you want from a loan signing. His attitude and his performances since arriving have been excellent. The past couple games where he''s been on the bench and then come on he''s not sulked he;s just got on with it.

Also love his attitude towards the fans, he looks like he enjoys and wants to be here.

If Wes is out for the next game Henri should be the one that comes into the side rather than Simeon.

Jackson got 3 goals but it doesn''t mean he''s suddenly become some world beater?? He''s scored in 4 games this season!! That''s not good enough for a start and he''s still not good enough overall. Yes well done on your hat trick and we''re all delighted, but no way should he start.Pacheco, thank you.

Jackson is alot better then a super sub - his first yesterday showed what he''s got, work rate, pace and great technique to finish it off. Jackson has been very unlucky this season but I can see him hitting a hot streak now. Paccheco dropped deep alot yesterday, he could play the hoolahan role with Jackson and Holt up top.

Just after I say he can''t use his left foot (which he couldn''t against Bristol and Portsmouth) he goes and bangs in two on his left with confidence. Such a key thing for any striker - confidence. There isn''t a player in this team who doesn''t look like he''s firing on all cylinders at the moment and although I''m very gutted about Hooly I think there''s enough there to get us through, especially if Jacko can keep getting into the right positions and now carry on tucking them away. So nervous/exciting about Swans game..think I''ll explode.. OTBC

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Jackson is alot better then a super sub - his first yesterday showed what he''s got, work rate, pace and great technique to finish it off. Jackson has been very unlucky this season but I can see him hitting a hot streak now. Paccheco dropped deep alot yesterday, he could play the hoolahan role with Jackson and Holt up top.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being a super-sub: Fairclough, Robbins, Ollie Gunner etc. I see it as a very valuable role for any side.

Jacko has his limitations and lack of confidence has been one of them. Hopefully he has now lost that.

We did think  super-sub about McNamee however and he is now light years away from starting.

We have progressed so far since the ordinary run in November, both in attack and also in defence. The mid-field is class too and the fact that Korey Smith no longer starts illustrates our strength in that area and I really rate him.

''Would you start with Jackson next week? If a hat-trick can''t earn you a place in the starting team I''m not sure what would''

No, start with the same team after looking so impressive. Obviously if Hoolahan really is injured the pack can be reshuffled, but even then I''d just like to see a straight swap for Lansbury. Having such a strong bench is a rather nice luxury.

As great as it is that Jackson scored three, surely it''s gotta be Lansbury, or another midfielder for the injured Hoolahan.Pacheto was directly responsible for our first two goals and looks a real gem.  Would be blinding if Jackson has finally found some form at such a key time of the season!

why on earth would we move Pacheco from a role he''s looked so good in? We''ve had a great run recently without Chrissy in the side, where we''ve often played with 5 men in midfield. Pacheco came in and we looked even better, he provides a link from midfield to Holt and I wouldn''t want to sacrifice that, a lot of what was good about us came from having Hoolahan plus one other drifting in behind Holt looking to cut it wide or play an incisive through-ball. Lansbury can do that and him and Pacheco feeding Holt and the wings sounds pretty lethal to me.

Well done to Jackson, he took his goals well but playing Swansea from the start is very different from coming on at 3-0 up against a poor team tired from chasing shadows for 65 minutes. Swansea are a good passing side and if we''re going to beat them it''ll be by dominating the middle of the park, Pacheco up top helps us do that as he''s a more versatile outlet than Jackson who''ll be hanging off the last man and not contributing to possession play.

Bring him on at 0-0 and let him bag a winner.

I completely agree bjg123. Couldn''t have put it better myself. Midfield is the key vs Swansea, Pacheco or Lansbury will be vital in the battle.