Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

only one thing to moan about

i really wanted micheal nelson to know how appreciated his contribution was in his time here and he got a tremendous round of applause and his name sung at the end but i reckon all he could here was that bloody depeche mode song ..i have got no problem with the crowd singing it i don''t think it sounds that good  but people are obviously enjoying themselves so great ..but why does that desperado alan partridge clone have to drown everything out with it as soon as the final whistle goes ? it destroys the atmosphere ...

Dear Victor Meldrew,

Your team is second in the league with a 6-0 victory and you''re moaning? God help you!

PS: Everyone round me seemed to love the music at the end...what a party!

I think all of the ''musak'' detracts from the natural tribal atmosphere.Another taste of wet Americanisation creeping into our psyche.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]

I think all of the ''musak'' detracts from the natural tribal atmosphere.

Another taste of wet Americanisation creeping into our psyche.
[/quote]

In all the time I''ve read this forum this is the first time I''ve agreed with you cluck. I''m seriously worried,

Controversial but does anyone else think its time for us to either find a new song for goal music or just get rid of it. Its getting a little old hat now and is verging on embarrassing.

Only if it gets played 6 times a game! FFS its still pretty original in the UK, you''d probably have us use Tom Hark and how embarassing would that be!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I think all of the ''musak'' detracts from the natural tribal atmosphere.Another taste of wet Americanisation creeping into our psyche.[/quote]

In all the time I''ve read this forum this is the first time I''ve agreed with you cluck. I''m seriously worried,

[/quote]Don''t worry HC... it happens to everyone eventually.  [;)]

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]Controversial but does anyone else think its time for us to either find a new song for goal music or just get rid of it. Its getting a little old hat now and is verging on embarrassing.[/quote]get rid of it. goal music is naff.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Agree with Cluck,[/quote]Me too, and not the first time. But I think it''s because he''s mellowing... [;)]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Only if it gets played 6 times a game! FFS its still pretty original in the UK, you''d probably have us use Tom Hark and how embarassing would that be!
[/quote]

Or Blitzkreig Bop by the Ramones.....

Mr cluckwit, the music at the end is to let the happy clappies know that the game is overstart to worry when replay technology is introduced and music is played to let the happy clappies know that there is to be a decision madeI wonder if there will be some kind of ''goal music'' played if the decision* goes our way

* decision ? , get with it daddio it''s a call

[quote user="john_starks"][quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]Controversial but does anyone else think its time for us to either find a new song for goal music or just get rid of it. Its getting a little old hat now and is verging on embarrassing.[/quote]get rid of it. goal music is naff.[/quote]Agreed, all goal music is naff and drowns out the roar of the crowd. I have e-mailed the club several times in the past about this and hope more people do the same as just about every Norwich fan I have spoken to in person about this has agreed with me.