Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Promotion open top parade

If we go up are we to expect a repeat of the celebrations the last time (50k fans) we got to the promised land or will it be scaled down similar to last summer?

That was an amazing day when there was 50,000 of us on the streets, I would expect to see something similar again. Although last season was a fantastic achievement, I think we all recognised that it was only the 3rd division and scaled down our celebrations accordingly.If we get promoted this season, it may well be the most important day in an extremely long time, bearing in mind new rules about parachute payments, and also the fact that this time I feel we have a man who is capable of keeping us in the prem.

But should you have a parade for finishing second?

Yes we may have gained promotion (let''s not get ahead of ourselves) but if we do, it will most likely be as runners up.

It was an amazing day, only remember half of it though as i had a few by mid afternoon!![:P]

Shall we get promoted first, or just have it now?

Great memories of the 03-04 one though. I left school at lunchtime with the excuse of a ''dentist''s appointment'' and headed up to Norwich to stand outside City Hall in the sun all afternoon. Most enjoyable trip to the dentist I''ve ever had ;)

IF we get promoted then of course we should! Finishing second in the Championship is a far bigger achievement than finishing first in League One. We have a parade for finishing third (Division Two) in 1982.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Lets get promoted first and then discuss this, long way to go, not even assured a play off place yet![/quote]Lol, I''m all for tempering expectation with a slight bit of caution, but not that much!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Lets get promoted first and then discuss this, long way to go, not even assured a play off place yet![/quote]

I agree - still some tough games to go as yet, really hoping we do it, but let''s not get carried away too soon.

[quote user="notts_canary"]I''m sorry but this talk of a parade has jinxed it, No chance of us getting promoted now! [;)]
[/quote]

Attempt at an anti-jinx?

An open top bus parade is to parade the trophy that has been wonWe''ve still to overhaul QPR

2nd or 1st it doesn''t matter, we should still go all out like we did on our promotion to the Prem in 03/04, it''s not just finishing 2nd in the league that we would be celebrating, it''s back to back promotions under a fantastic manager in Lambert and his spirited squad of players. They would deserve the occasion and so would we. I know this all sounds rather premature but it''s very difficult not to dream at this stage of season.

Oh for FFS.....Think bigger and don''t be such a bloody girl.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Oh for FFS.....

Think bigger and don''t be such a bloody girl.
[/quote]

Yher bring on Madrid, bring em all on. Lambert for King