Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Pablo Counago

I see Pablo Counago is on a free from Ipswich.  Only 25 and a regular goal scorer would make a great partnership with Ashton.  I know he is from Ipswich but I dont subscribe to the fact that he could not do a job for us and I also know that we need defenders and midfielders but could this be too good an offer to miss.

Wot do you all think.

[quote]I see Pablo Counago is on a free from Ipswich. Only 25 and a regular goal scorer would make a great partnership with Ashton. I know he is from Ipswich but I dont subscribe to the fact that he could ...[/quote]

I was too cowardly to suggest this NavMan, but yes,like you, I would also go for Counago.

What you''ve said, does make perfect sense to me. But it won''t happen and here''s why.

Remember the Ian Crook debacle years ago, when he signed for Ipswich, and Mike Walker IMO (hallowed be his name) ''persuaded'' him to change his mind.

Well I don''t think the filth have ever forgot that!. So I can''t see it happening, even if us two ''crack heads'' think he would work well with Ashton.

Thats the stupidest thing I have heard since the American re-elected George W Bush. Counago is not that good, but he does have a little respect as he is creaming away about £20k pw from the Ip***ch coffers.

No, No and No.

I know I did surgest Kevin Campbell many months ago but this has to be more foolish!!!

Looks like you and me 1st Wiz are the only two in this boat then.  Speaking to an Ipswich supporter at work this morning and he was saying that Counago is far too good to let go on a free transfer and is only out of the team because Shifty Kuchi is playing so well.  He really rates Counago (used to see him every week) and feels that club who gets him for nothing would have done a very good deal indeed. I still think he is far better than some of the crap that has been mentioned on here for loan/buy but there again who am I to judge !!!!  

don''t know anything about him, but as you are my cousin and are getting slated for suggesting it I am joining you and Wiz''s camp.  What do the rest of you know anyway?

well, guys i too am camp and joining your.....oops start again.  i am joining your camp too guys. i have watched this guy play many times on the tele and live too - and he is very very classy with the ball. Soooooo classy in fact that he´s got a phd in being........well classy i guess! Too good an opportunity to miss - as long as we get him on the old "structured divisional pay thingy".  We will we all grow up on here on stop slagging off a player just because he´s a binner or ex-binner.  Alan Brazil on the other hand is a different matter all together.....

Hell yeah, I''d have him!

I''m with you Nav, Wiz and Stevenage - I think he''d be a good addition, even if he''d cost the annual budget of Bolivia!  Ipswich is clearly below him.

Who was the last player to defect to our side from the Binners?  Trevor Putney? Gawd Bless his strangly locks and humungous conk...

What have we got to lose ? Hes free give him a contract till the end of the season , we could end up with a good partner for Ashton . I personally think hes a much better footballer than Kuqi . With the situation we are in anything is worth a try ,and it does not look as if people are actually falling over themselves for a loan move to Norwich , he may well thrive in the top league . Ok the binners would have a bit of a laugh , but what if he just did score the goals to keep us up . Plus he also dives as well as Huckerby and a few more pens would not go amiss .