Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Hoolahan injury

Only downside today was the injury to Wes. Could be a big, big blow IMO. He is the player that so often makes a difference, both at home and away...particularly away as he picks space and opposition can''t deal with him.

Let''s hope the hamstring isn''t too bad, as it could rule him out for the season if it is a tear. At least we have Pacheco and Lansbury who are adept in his role too!

He was apparently limping long after the game had finished so it''s more than just feeling a little tight so not looking good for Swansea next weekend but hopefully it''s not too serious and he''ll be back for the majority of the run in.

Pacheco looked a very similar player to me and we''ve always got Lansbury to bring in.

I would say it is just a slight knock, after all he managed to walk off the pitch. I would say the substitution was already on the cards for Lansbury to come on for hoolahan as the game was in the bag, with such an important game next week.

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]I would say it is just a slight knock, after all he managed to walk off the pitch. I would say the substitution was already on the cards for Lansbury to come on for hoolahan as the game was in the bag, with such an important game next week.
[/quote]

Aparently he was limping very badly after the match and Lambert said it looks like his hamstring, they just won''t know how bad it its yet, he didn''t seem to optimistic though

Let''s all hope the injury isn''t too bad, but if it is, and he misses the rest of the season I am sure the team has enough about them to get on with the job in hand. Of course he would be missed, but we coped well without him on the pitch today.

His injury is a worry. He is such an influential player, and today he was at the hub of everything. I know we have players who can come in, but if Wes has to miss some games because of the injury it''s a big blow. Fingers crossed that it''s not too serious.

If he is out for the remainder at least we have people who could replace him, unlike 2 years ago where it would have crippled us.Still a massive player to lose at this stage.

Wes is a huge figure for us. I hope he doesn''t miss many games. But we know Lambert excels at coping with player injuries, so we can still be confident.

Yes a big blow if hooly is injured, and he''s been such a big player for us.

However, I''m very confident that Lansbury can fill that position (and with Pacheco here too).

Just look at the Bristol City game 1-1 hoolahan replaced by Lansbury and before you know it its 3-1 (thanks 2 Himself).

Still Wes, you''ll be missed whether its 1 game or rest of season. But just enjoy watching our promotion mate from the dugout if need be. And we look forward to you terrorizing Man u defence next year.

On The Ball City

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]Yes a big blow if hooly is injured, and he''s been such a big player for us. However, I''m very confident that Lansbury can fill that position (and with Pacheco here too). Just look at the Bristol City game 1-1 hoolahan replaced by Lansbury and before you know it its 3-1 (thanks 2 Himself). Still Wes, you''ll be missed whether its 1 game or rest of season. But just enjoy watching our promotion mate from the dugout if need be. And we look forward to you terrorizing Man u defence next year. On The Ball City[/quote]

I hope the FA don''t read this as we may be docked points as we must have had 12 players on the pitch at the time as it was Wes who played Lansbury in for the second goal!! Sssssshhhh

He will be a massive miss for us if it''s long term

I''m gutted for Wes who looked distraught. I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

It was a crazy injury given the warmth of the day and the tempo of the game.

I do believe we have options so as a team can cope but this might personally cost Wes the Barry Butler.

Hoolahan was great today again before he got injured and taken off, Pacheco''s performance probably took the shine of Hoolahan''s but he was still awesome.  It would be a huge blow if Wes got injured because although we have Lansbury and Pacheco there is only one Wes Hoolahan as Neil Adams put it.  However Pacheco and Lansbury are too great replacemnts and I don''t think it would completely derail our promotion hopes.

I can think of 21 other things that will cost Wes the Barry Butler....

Seriously though, if he''s done his hamstring, which seems to be the case, we''ll be lucky to see him play again this season. It''s a big blow for us and a big blow for Wes, he''s been massive for us this year but whilst we''ll obviously miss him Lambert has assembled a squad that can cope. Lansbury and Chrissy Martin can both play in that role and I believe I''ve read Pacheco can also play there so it shouldn''t be the deciding factor in our season like it was 2 years ago.

Wes is hugely key player for us, but if he is out I''m confident we can manage without him. We''ve got Lansbury who I feel can fill his main role. Pacheco and Vokes are also here now but as today were their first appearances for us, Vokes'' also being as a sub I''m yet to decide how they will do, though Pacheco was brilliant.

Yes, you''re right. Sorry for my brain freeze! However Lansbury did indeed turn that result round. And without a doubt has bags of ability and can replace Wes quite successfully. Still a big loss tho & will be missed by us all. Hope he''s not out for long.!

Hoolahan was missing because of injury for a few games in our run in last season including the game that decided promotion at Charlton and Holt was also suspended!

It will be a massive blow if Hoolahans missing but we can cope especially since we have Pecheco, Lansbury and Martin who can all play in that role!

I''m hoping that this is just a ply from PL to make Swansea sweat a little, he may just have a little knock and will be ok. Deep down I fear it is his hamstring and will be gutted for him and us. But with the quality players we have, I don''t think it will hamstring us too much, although we will always miss players like Hoola.

Hamstring Injury - out for the season

One poster commented that it can''t be that bad because he walked off. With hamstrings they can suddenly go when running at full speed or they can tear slightly.

In the former case you would be out for 8-10 weeks and the latter 3-4 weeks before starting running again.

In either case, you could see it in his eyes, Wes''s season is over and is a huge blow.

I am in 2 minds over this one, if it was considered a bad injury, he would not have been walking out of the ground to his car. I think if they were that worried about it, he would have been on crutches with a brace on his leg. That said, he signalled straight after he felt it to come off. Guess it will be a scan job tomorrow morning!

Barnett went off in similar fashion and we haven''t seen him since. I hope Hoolahan can recover before the end of the season, but I have the utmost faith in all of our squad to play well enough to win.

Scan will reveal all, but if it''s any type of tear, that will sadly be his season over. Mind you, we''re not a one man team, and I''m sure the team will go out and win it for Wes :)

[quote user="AJ"]Scan will reveal all, but if it''s any type of tear, that will sadly be his season over. Mind you, we''re not a one man team, and I''m sure the team will go out and win it for Wes :)[/quote]

I''m sure our ''Pach''ed'' up squad will cope :P

Here''s my theory.

60 mins in to the game Holt scores his third.

Lambert has told Wes when we go three up he should feign a torn hamstring. This will leave Swansea not planning for him next Saturday.

63 mins Wes comes off.

65 mins Holt comes off too.

[quote user="Largey"]Barnett went off in similar fashion and we haven''t seen him since. I hope Hoolahan can recover before the end of the season, but I have the utmost faith in all of our squad to play well enough to win.[/quote]Barnetts was clearly a lot worse, was in a lot more visible pain and was virtually carried off. Wes seemed to feel it and immediately gave the signal to come off - hopefully in time before any more serious damage was done. He did then manage to walk down the tunnel unaided and was apparently seen limping to his car. No idea really how it works but wouldnt have thought he''d be left to just hobble around the pitch and to his car without some sort of strapping or other precaution (thats the hope anyway!)??If hes out for the season, a big big loss. Yes we have replacements and Lansbury was fantastic when he came on yesterday (though we were 3-0 up) but as said before, theres only one Lionel Wessi, and his importance to the team and his contribution to our current position shouldnt be underestimated.