Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fed up with the Bently situation.

He''s going back, no, he''s staying, hang on, well, maybe he''s going after all!.

I''ve reached the point now, where I just ain''t bothered too much either way.

Please City, for my poor old nerves sake, make a decision quickly.

But it would be nice to know whether we can go for two players on loan or not. Anyone else getting a bit frustrated like me on this subject?.

[quote]He''s going back, no, he''s staying, hang on, well, maybe he''s going after all!. I''ve reached the point now, where I just ain''t bothered too much either way. Please City, for my poor old nerves sake, ...[/quote]

Not as fed up as Bentley is!!!

My reading of it is if we can sign two players on loan Bents will go back. If we can only find one, and it looks like its hard work, then we will keep bents and hope that he returns to fitness earlier than expected and we can then get some games out of him bearing in mind we will have already paid his wages.

Seems like a sensible approach to me.

OTBC

This one looks as though it may need a decision from the FA, in which case don''t hold your breath for a favourable verdict for Norwich. 

I believe Arsenal may agree to take him back if he is not likely to play again this season, in which case we could bring in another 2 loan players.  There is still the question of whether Norwich are expected to pay his wages. 

Knowing the way our luck is going at the moment the FA will probably say there is a chance he may play again before the end of the season, and therefore, he is still a loan player.  Bit long winded, but yes I am equally fed up with the whole situation.

Come on Wiz- cheer up! The situation is quite clear really.

Worthy is trying hard to get two quality loans in.

If he does - Bentley goes- Norwich benefit

If he can only get one- we keep Bentley (paying his wages anyway) and may get a few games out of him at the end of the season.

Makes sense really.

In two weeks time your nerves can settle one way or the other.

Well i read somewhere that they are delaying the decision till the end of the month, at which point if they were to send him back then it would be too late to bring in another loan signing... unless they are currently searching for two loanees and once its been agreed then they''ll send him back. I get the feeling that he''ll be staying though.

If Bentley is to stay with us whilst unable to perform, he should stand on the corner of Riverside flogging program''s, or work in the club shop on matchdays! I insist that he does something for this Club to justify £8000 a month if we have to see his loan out!

Wenger is being all "arsey" about the situation, Bentley will not be a first team regular unless he knuckles down instead of being a "Beanie hat" wearing "Chavtastic" max-power magazine reading adolescent!   

Bentley has potential, but needs to grow up a little. He thinks he''s quality- but is far from the finished article! He should take a leaf out of Darren Eadie''s book, on how a young footballing pro'' should conduct himself! OTBC ;~)

Mellow he would have to sell some number of programmes to justify the £8000 per week (not month incidentally).

[quote]Come on Wiz- cheer up! The situation is quite clear really. Worthy is trying hard to get two quality loans in. If he does - Bentley goes- Norwich benefit If he can only get one- we keep Bentley (...[/quote]

It''s not that I too down in general, Vicar, more like desperate to see a couple of fresh players come in before the deadline.

The Hucks saga made me a quivering wreck, and now its happening all over again.

Why didn''t I follow Ludo in my early days?, at least that was a more tranquil pursuite!.

Now I spend more time then I should, ''trawling'' through endless footy sites, trying to gleam some snippet of rumour to digest and ponder over.

Oh dear, woe is me!.