Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Anyone else noticed that...

we used to try and kick to the River End in the second half but now more often than not we prefer to kick to the Barclay second half? This point got raised in the summer of why we always did this, and some people said that it was to do with the sun and even that there is a slight tilt towards the River End. Just wondering why we changed this habit, possibly a tactic of trying to score down the end with the best atmosphere in the second half if we are chasing game? Boring thread I know, but just thought I''d comment on the change I''ve noticed

the latter. Like millwall, when lansbury scored (no offence to the other end) but everyone went literally CRAZY as i was front row of the city stand inline with the corner flag right next to the snakepit (this is where my season ticket is for next season) the celebrations were right infront of me and i felt like jumping on top! but yeah its so the barclay/snakepit can cheer the team on if we are currently drawing or losing towards the end of a game.

[quote user="youngcanary"]the latter. Like millwall, when lansbury scored (no offence to the other end) but everyone went literally CRAZY as i was front row of the city stand inline with the corner flag right next to the snakepit (this is where my season ticket is for next season) the celebrations were right infront of me and i felt like jumping on top! but yeah its so the barclay/snakepit can cheer the team on if we are currently drawing or losing towards the end of a game.[/quote]

I think everyone went crazy when Lansbury scored that goal ...

[quote user="alysha"]we used to try and kick to the River End in the second half but now more often than not we prefer to kick to the Barclay second half? This point got raised in the summer of why we always did this, and some people said that it was to do with the sun and even that there is a slight tilt towards the River End. Just wondering why we changed this habit, possibly a tactic of trying to score down the end with the best atmosphere in the second half if we are chasing game? Boring thread I know, but just thought I''d comment on the change I''ve noticed

[/quote]Er.....perhaps we''ve been losing the toss.......

I know I realised that once I posted Ben haha. well you could argue the celebrations are more intimidating at the snakepit as everyone crushes up against the gate haha

I''ve been wondering about that too Alysha - it was noticeable in League One we would usually be playing towards the River End in the second half. However we seem to be shooting towards the Barclay in recent games.  

Not sure whether this is by choice - I guess Grant Holt is the one to ask since he''s calling the toss of the coin?

Whenever we win the toss at the moment, we choose to attack the Barclay second half. You can tell who wins the toss by seeing who kicks off in the first half - if the away team kick off first, then we won the toss and we choose which end to attack. We will then kick off in the second half.

I believe this is a Lambert tactic, as he has often commented on the vocal encouragement the team gets in the second half at away matches when we are kicking towards them, and thus by kicking towards the Barclay in the second half recreates this atmosphere. Doing this also massively discourages the away team at Carrow Road too, as they''re then not kicking towards their own supporters in the second half, and thus not getting that extra bit of encouragement they may need at the end of the game.

I have not been a season ticket holder for a few years now but back in the days i am sure we used to attack the river end in the first half if we won the toss. This used to piss me of a treat as it seemed that most goals that were scored were in the river end- either by us or the opposition. I still have family who go to every game and they say that it still seems to be that we score most our goals at the river end.