Sign in to follow this  
Hog

No Promotion=No Lambert?

Does anyone think that we may lose Lambert if we don''t go up, he will surely be courted by bigger teams in a higher division eventually and I have noticed quite a bit of media hype surronding him in the last few months....

[quote user="Hog"]Does anyone think that we may lose Lambert if we don''t go up, he will surely be courted by bigger teams in a higher division eventually and I have noticed quite a bit of media hype surronding him in the last few months....[/quote]I honestly think that he''ll finish the job. He will get us promoted.And with no actual premiership credentials, is he really that big a target? Yes he has potential, but I think we should be more worried if we do get promoted and do okay in the prem.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hog"]Does anyone think that we may lose Lambert if we don''t go up, he will surely be courted by bigger teams in a higher division eventually and I have noticed quite a bit of media hype surronding him in the last few months....[/quote]

I honestly think that he''ll finish the job. He will get us promoted.

And with no actual premiership credentials, is he really that big a target? Yes he has potential, but I think we should be more worried if we do get promoted and do okay in the prem.
[/quote]I dont think he will leave if we dont get promotion, He is destined for bigger things that is without a doubt, he will get us in the prem and worry about him leaving when it happens, enjoy him while he is here.

When he gets us up.im 100% sure he will be backed in the transfer market, why would he want to leave????

A new deal will surely be put on the table for him, he loves the club and the club love him....match made in heaven[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hog"]Does anyone think that we may lose Lambert if we don''t go up, he will surely be courted by bigger teams in a higher division eventually and I have noticed quite a bit of media hype surronding him in the last few months....[/quote]

And with no actual premiership credentials, is he really that big a target? Yes he has potential, but I think we should be more worried if we do get promoted and do okay in the prem.
[/quote]I dont think he will leave if we dont get promotion, He is destined for bigger things that is without a doubt, he will get us in the prem and worry about him leaving when it happens, enjoy him while he is here.

When he gets us up.im 100% sure he will be backed in the transfer market, why would he want to leave????

A new deal will surely be put on the table for him, he loves the club and the club love him....match made in heaven[;)]

[/quote]

this isn''t my view my but I''ll put the idea out there...I remember him saying that he left Wycombe because he thought he had done a good job with club and had taken them as far as he could. Could it be possible that if we get promoted this season, Lambert would think 2 consecutive promotions is an outstanding achievement and he would not want to tarnish this by possibly not being able to keep the club in the Premiership, thus he has taken us this far - now we get a new manager and he moves on to another club. Not my views, just another option

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="citytillidie"]

[/quote]

this isn''t my view my but I''ll put the idea out there...I remember him saying that he left Wycombe because he thought he had done a good job with club and had taken them as far as he could. Could it be possible that if we get promoted this season, Lambert would think 2 consecutive promotions is an outstanding achievement and he would not want to tarnish this by possibly not being able to keep the club in the Premiership, thus he has taken us this far - now we get a new manager and he moves on to another club. Not my views, just another option

[/quote]

I see what you are getting at but if we do get promoted, what job is going to be more attractive to him than Norwich? I doubt there are many that will be available that fit the bill. What Prem teams can you think of that look like sacking their manager and would be interested in Lambert?

To try to answer my own question, I think any team that survives relegation will be quite happy with their manager unless they were expected to get a top half finish. So we are looking for an under performing team. I reckon the only job that might become available and might fit the bill would be Aston Villa. I bet they would like a Martin O''Neill type back in charge there.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]What Prem teams can you think of that look like sacking their manager and would be interested in Lambert?[/quote]Maybe Villa and West Ham? But it wouldn''t surprise me if they went for a bigger ''name'' to attract ''bigger name'' players.But, if we go up, I''d be shocked if Lambert left us.

A Prem club appointing PL without Prem experience would be taking a risk which I don''t see happening and can''t see any Championship teams that could attract PL except maybe relegated team would PLwant to rebuild Wolves if Blackpool or Wigan relegated managers will remain.  Can''t see PL leaving in short term. 

There is a dearth of good home-grown managers, and there are premiership clubs with money and ambition who may try to persuade him to go.

How much personal ambition does he have? He was certainly prepared to leave ColU to come to us soon after they had thrashed us, presumably because he saw behind the dreadful score.

I suspect that as he "bought into the project", and we are at least a year earlier doing well in the Championship than the plan held out, he would stop another year, but we don''t know. His approach involves the mutual commitment of fans,directors and players, with the managment, something that he would not necessarily find elsewhere to the same degre. So I am optimistic.

The tedious managerial merry-go round never ceases to amaze me, the constant sacking of managers and total lack of loyalty shown on both sides is one of the worst facets of football.

But, in my humble opinion, Paul Lambert would be crazy to leave Norwich for greener grass should we get promoted. He''s at a club where he is respected, backed, and doing well at. And even with my green and yellow tinted glasses on it''s a fantastic club to be at with the support.

Surely the best option is to gain promotion, then learn the intricacies of the Premiership game from a comfortable seat. Then when the time comes, move on to a Prem club with at least a season of experience behind you. You don''t do a Paul Ince and dive in at the deep end before you''re ready. You do an Ian Holloway (conveniently ignoring his terrible track record of jumping ship and inevitable relegation) and have a proper go with the club that got you there!

I''d imagine somewhere like Everton would be the threat to us - still in debt and rumours of tension between Kenwright and Moyes mean that Moyes'' position isn''t as secure as it should be for a club that are quite high up in the table. Lack of cash would deter lots of other candidates if Moyes does go, and if they don''t have a lot to spend then they''ll be looking for a manager who can do things on a budget. Perhaps one similar to Moyes, himself a young manager who learnt his trade taking over a smaller club languishing in the old 3rd division, winning the title and then the next season challanging at the top of the second division at the first attempt...Just a thought. I hope it doesn''t happen. But I would also find it hard to begrudge Lambert for taking the opportunity if it did. Apart from that, I''m not sure there are many (any?) other jobs in the prem that would be attractive to Lmbert, at a club realtistically interested in hiring him and potentially available over the summer.

Moyes will be at Everton for years yet. They have a guaranteed cycle of one bad season, then one good etc. Next season they''ll be pushing for the Champions League again.

The only reason Lambert would leave immediately is if he wasn''t backed and he was offered a job somehwhere like Wigan/Fulham/West Ham with £20 mill to spend. A lower echelon club prepared to take a punt on him. He wouldn''t go straight to one of the big eight clubs just yet.