Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Sitting in the home end (at away games)

What is it like anyone? A friend of a friend wants to know because he is going to be at one of our away games. Any tips for this friend?

It''s a bit weird, but as long as you''re sensible and don''t sit amongst the most fervent part of their support there shouldn''t really be any issues. Don''t wear colours, maybe clap a nice bit of opposition play every once in a while, try not to get involved in any conversations...the one time I''ve done it we lost 2-0 so can''t really comment on holding back reactions at Norwich goals!

I was with the home fans when we went down 6-0 to Fulham. It was probably the worst footballing experience ever. All I could see to my right was a sea of Green and Yellow in the away stand, I remember thinking the day would have been slightly less sh*t if at least I''d been amongst them.

Sitting in the ''home end'', probably not a good idea more so when it;''s a passionate game, rivalry, importance etc

Sitting with home fans elsewhere is not always too much hassle. Again depending on the game. I''ve often sat with home fans when I thought what was on offer for us was sh!te. Can''t stand watching the game at ground level.

Mostly there you would find plenty of spare seats so you chose where to sit with a bit of common sense. Likewise pick where you sit (where possible) and behave with a bit of common sense.

Best way is to think how would you want an away fan(s) to behave if he was sat near you at Carrow Road and behave accordingly. It was pretty much common practice previously - it''s only with the advent of happy clappies at games that this appears to have changed

The row of seats in front of me in the upper Barclay is usually reserved for hospitality tickets so there are occasionally supporters of the other team sitting there. For the Bristol City game there was an oldish chap brazenly wearing his BCFC hat (those he was with were Norwich fans tbf). Needless to say he got a lot of very happy strangers shaking his hand at full time!