Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Assume we go up - who is your XI for the opening day in the Premier League.

OK, just a bit of fun to break the increasing tension - I know we''re by no means guarenteed to go up, but let''s assume City breeze through the rest of the season and win promotion against Portsmouth. We''re in the Premier League and it''s still the last day of April and Paul Lambert has three and a half months to prepare his side for the opening game of the season.

We''ve gone a bit ''Blackpool'' and are only spending £10 million before the end of the August window. Who do you fancy signing? Will City just take players from the likes of Wigan, Blackpool, Wolves etc, scrape around the top of the Championship and sign players from the sides that didn''t make it up?

Off the top of my head I wouldn''t mind making some room for: David Vaughan, Luke Varney, Paul Scharner, Graeme Dorrans, Max Gradel and Shane Long. Any others who realistically spring to mind? 

I like the idea of the post, but can we please stop all these threads about ''if we go up/etc''?

There''s a huge way to go yet, and we have all summer to discuss things like this if/when we do actually go up.

Sorry if I''m a killjoy!

Ruddy 

R Martin   Barnett   Whitbread   Tierney 

Muamba   Fox   

Pacheco   Hoolahan   Dorrans

Holt

Subs: Al Habsi, Evatt (Blackpool), Murphy (Brimingham), Crofts, Surman, Bennett, Graham

Bit ironic I would drop Crofts but this is the team I would go with. Don''t expect Lansbury to come back but hopefully Pacheco will.