Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What team/formation would you play without Wes?

I''d try the diamond with Pacheco in the Wes role - he looks similarly difficult to pick up, and a hopefully rejuvinated Jackson up with Holt.

Alternatively, 4-5-1 that we''ve played previously, again with Pacheco in the advanced midfield role behind Holt. I think Pacheco is quite similar to Wes in that he''s the kind of player you have to ''set free'' (high up the pitch) to get the best out of him.

I would bring in Lansbury, for an away game against Swansea. Either play him at the tip of the diamond, or go with the 4-2-3-1, with Fox and Crofts in midfield, and then Lansbury, Pacheco and Surman supporting the great man.Also allows for a bit of tactical flexibility.However, I would be surprised if Wes can''t make it, thus making the above redundant.

There''s only one Wes Hoolahan but I think Lansbury is good enough to fill in for Wes and would play him there instead, with Pacheco partnering Holt. If not, then I would play Pacheco there and play either Jackson or Vokes with Holt.

i''d leave Pacheco upfront with holt as he can come back and make a 5 in midfield as a lots of the game is going to be played there at swansea. i''d replace wes with Angela as his work rate is exceptional and can still pick a pass. he was awesome away at Hull IMO. Harsh, but jackson can come on as sub again as he''s not as "dimensional" as lil'' Dani.

i''m a tad worried swansea have only conceded 9 at home all season...but then, they havent played us yet!

its worth noting that Henri made the 4th goal for jackson by his sheer workrate harrying the scunny players when they had the ball which forced the mistake.

Arsenal could do with a bit of that after what i saw on saturday night...tough! they cant have him back until the end of may. (lets hope we can give him back early on may 8th (with a hangover) for good behaviour)

No doubt for me, Lansbury in as part of a four man midfield with Pacheco behind Holt. More bodies in midfield vital for a tough away game and let''s not get carried away about Jackson - good to see him get the goals but it shouldn''t change much as it was against a dying relegation team, not a strong promotion challenging side.

Pacheco fits that role behind the striker perfectly and will be a nightmare for Swansea to pick up, while with Lansbury, Surman, Crofts and Fox we retain some defensive rigour as well as the creativity to cause them further problems.

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]No doubt for me, Lansbury in as part of a four man midfield with Pacheco behind Holt. More bodies in midfield vital for a tough away game and let''s not get carried away about Jackson - good to see him get the goals but it shouldn''t change much as it was against a dying relegation team, not a strong promotion challenging side.

Pacheco fits that role behind the striker perfectly and will be a nightmare for Swansea to pick up, while with Lansbury, Surman, Crofts and Fox we retain some defensive rigour as well as the creativity to cause them further problems.[/quote]

Spot on.