Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Lambert in the Dressing Room.....

I was thinking about this on the day of the Scunthorpe match. Do you think Lambert uses things that opposing mangers say to fire up his players. For instance Brendan Rogers came out and said that 80 points or something like that could be enough for promotion. Mentally if your swansea players isnt that a bad thing to say. He didnt say we are looking for 24 points but around 80. Lambert would use things like this to say look lads this is what the swansea managers saying.....I want 24 points! Do you think things like that get posted up in the dressing room to fire up our Norwich players. Just a thought!

Lambert for MBE

In response to your post, Im sure Lambert does highlight what other managers are saying - but only where it can be used to fire his team up.  Trick is to either keep the pressure off or to prove a point - saying that Rogers thinks that 80 points really does neither, unless it shows how close to the line we are

I think the fact that Rogers said 80 points for promotion could fire us up. It is the worng attitude to have me and shows a sense of complaceny and even arrogance that is all it will take, I''d say lets prove them wrong in that Swansea will not be promoted on 80 points, we will make sure we get more than that and will not be overtaken, losing our automatic promotion spot

I think Lambert will be telling the lads "six straight wins and we are up" to fire them up.

I think its even more simple than that. Last season he kept talking about putting the pressure on teams below by winning on a consistent basis. It must be disheartening for Swansea to lose a tough game and to see Norwich have taken Scunthorpe to the cleaners. So I think the message will be the same. Keep focusing on your own game and the doubt will crept into the oppositions.

[quote user="Chip20"]I think Lambert will be telling the lads "six straight wins and we are up" to fire them up.[/quote]

This

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]he gives them a drop of brandy (just for the taste) then says if you win the game you will each get a bottle ...[/quote]Don''t talk silly, as a Scotsman PL would offer Malt Whisky not Brandy.

the obvious thing to me that he gets across to the players is to never give up, look at the times we''ve made comebacks or grabbed late goals, this must be put in the players heads everytime they run out on the pitch. 2 seasons ago once we went a goal down we just rolled over for the ass raping

The firing up will have been done long, long before the dressing room

''Special words'' are no substitute for thorough preparation

There are some pretty decent motivational prints on the wall in the dressing room ( can link to photos if you want to see ) and we were told they pretty much sum up Lambert''s whole mentality and approach.Get the impression that he is the kinda bloke who could motivate you to crawl across glass on your belly !

I''m sure all he has to do is throw a wad of money at the players and tell them that the money in their hands is what they could earn a week if we gain promotion! In reality I bet he doesnt have to say much unless we are playing poorly, or someone needs a kick up the backside. I think we can see from the commitment of the players how much this means to them, if they cant motivate themselves at this vital moment then I don''t know what they are doing in the footballing profession!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]There are some pretty decent motivational prints on the wall in the dressing room ( can link to photos if you want to see ) and we were told they pretty much sum up Lambert''s whole mentality and approach.

Get the impression that he is the kinda bloke who could motivate you to crawl across glass on your belly !
[/quote]

Have you got them would be interesting to see

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/SDC10783.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/SDC10781.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/SDC10782.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah not a problem, Ive got quite a few from the other day. Got lucky enough to get my pic taken with Grant Holt as well :)Dressing room at Carrow has this on the wall : Outside also has motivational photo stills of the team performances such as celebrating promotion etc[img]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4606/dscf0079p.jpg[/img][img] http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2501/dscf0080d.jpg[/img]