Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Run in

Looking at the fixtures I think it''s Cardiff who are the only team we''ve got to worry about. They''ve got easier games against Sheff Utd, Doncaster, Preston and Boro. Leeds have got to play Millwall away,Watford, Reading, Burnley and QPR. I think they will drop points somewhere along the line. Swansea have us, Hull, Burnley, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Millwall away. As long as we don''t lose to the swans then I think we''ll be ok. What do others think? I can''t stop do mathematical calculations in my head since Saturday!

our next 3 are tough,as they are all against sides with something to play for. Absolutely anything could happen at Ipswich, but after that I dont think we could ask for a much better final 3 games. Hopefully Derby,Portsmouth and Coventry will have nothing to play for by the time we come to play them, and in Derby and Coventry''s case will just be happy to still be in the league.....and hopefully with one foot already on the beach!

Cardiff are the main worry as Swansea are weak away from home 10 defeats already. If Cardiff get their act together they do have the fixtures to overhaul us . Its still very close and could be one point separating 3 teams Saturday night . Some on here are acting like we are already up and you just get the feeling its all a little premature .

Tell me about it. Nothing is ever certain. If we match are results against the teams we have to play then it will be 13 points out of 21 putting us on 83. Cardiff would have to win 6 out of 7. I think 4 wins will be enough.

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Tell me about it. Nothing is ever certain. If we match are results against the teams we have to play then it will be 13 points out of 21 putting us on 83. Cardiff would have to win 6 out of 7. I think 4 wins will be enough.
[/quote]

No offence but is it are or our results, I have noticed many people choose to say are and not our?

It will be close, i think we will lose against Pompey, draw against Swansea, Watford & Scum and beat Forest, Derby and Covenrty

This gives us 82 points

Cardiff will beat Donny, Sheff.Utd, Pompey & M''boro, lose against Preston & Burnley and draw against QPR

This gives them 79 points

I have to say I am pretty happy with our goal difference now, for a lot of the season it hasn''t been great, and you just never know if it could be a factor.

Cardiff are definitely the team that will cause us the most headaches in my opinion. They are more than capable of winning their remaining games and in all honesty, as good as we''ve been playing, I can''t see us not losing any of our remaining away fixtures as we are playing some very good sides away from home. Swansea, Watford and Portsmouth will all be very difficult games, and Ipswich are getting results now and I''m not feeling totally confident about that game either in all honesty. I really do hope I''m proved wrong.

The good news for us though is that Cardiff have to play QPR, albeit at home. And I fancy our chances if this went down to the final game of the season and we needed a win to secure 2nd. Cardiff play away to Burnley who themselves may well need a win to secure a play-off place, so Cardiff may struggle to get over the line. I wouldn''t be surprised if that unfolds as the realistic scenario. Certainly would be a dramatic way to conclude a memorable and action-packed season!!

We cannot take anything for granted . . . I''m hopeful, but very much not getting carried away as it''s still going to take a monumental effort from the team between now and 7th May. But, in Lambert I trust!

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Looking at the fixtures I think it''s Cardiff who are the only team we''ve got to worry about. They''ve got easier games against Sheff Utd, Doncaster, Preston and Boro. Leeds have got to play Millwall away,Watford, Reading, Burnley and QPR. I think they will drop points somewhere along the line. Swansea have us, Hull, Burnley, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Millwall away. As long as we don''t lose to the swans then I think we''ll be ok. What do others think? I can''t stop do mathematical calculations in my head since Saturday!
[/quote]

Banana skins?

Get a life mate- it''s a message board not a english classroom- everyone understands the misspelling so it is no big deal

[quote user="priceyrice"]Get a life mate- it''s a message board not a english classroom- everyone understands the misspelling so it is no big deal
[/quote]

Is that meant for me?

Cofused.

Have to agree that Cardiff are the biggest worry. They have had a wobble but seem to have started scoring again and their fixtures are very favourable. Its possible that the two games you would say are their hardest (QPR and Burnley) may be against teams who are not playing at full throttle as QPR may already be up by then and Burnley may not be able to make the playoffs. I can''t see them dropping too many points to be honest and i think we may need 5 wins from 7 to make sure of that second spot. Less than that and it will be very close.

Having said that cardiff will probably go an lose at Doncaster next week now! The next 10 days are obviously crucial. If we come out of the sc*m game still in second then i think we are home and dry.

With the respective run ins i would agree that Cardiff are possibly the main threat but it is too close to call. One significant factor is form over the last 10 games. Norwich have dropped 11 pts, Cardiff 13 and Swansea 15. That 4 point cushion even if we lose at swansea could be priceless. we will drop points in the last 7 games but so will Cardiff and Swansea. Close but ours to lose now !

Bottom line is if we keep the goal; difference the at Some point Cardiff have to win TWO more games than us. The longer it goes the less games the harder that becomes.

There is no one I fear at the moment. We are on a terrific run and that is often the key. Those finishing stronger will have the momentum.

However no game is certain, for any team, Beware the ridiculous myth of teams not having anything to play for. I have stated for some while that we will get 83 points and that will be enough to get us up.

It is in our hands. Many had a big fear about the Scunthorpe game. We would stumble, yet I have yet to see a more comprehensive demolition of a team fora long while. Not only did we need a win but we needed the goals. We got both. We took off Holt and still sciored three. We lost Hoolahan and yet we still had someone of the power and ability of Lnasbury to come on, says it all really. A dynamic sub like Lnasbury is some potent weapon to have in your locker - remember when it was McNamee. that''s how far we have come.

Those who will be looking at the run in will be those below us. A bit like a 400yd race. We''ve come off the back straight and they have to start to make a move soon. Four wins and a draw will see us safely home. Swansea cant'' afford that draw on Saturday.

I realised I put ''are'' and not ''our'' as soon as I hit enter. I tried to tippex it out but it didn''t work and now I am left with a white line across my screen. Sorry for the mistake, I truly apologise, it was late and I was tired. Sorry again.

Agree with most of what you say city however, looking at Cardiff''s run in i am really struggling to see where they are going to drop too points.

Don''t get me wrong i hope they do but cant see them not winning alot of games

Doony A - 3

Shef u A - 3

Pompy H - 3

Qpr H - 1

Preston A - 3

Boro H - 3

Burnly A - ?

So up to the last game they will have got 16 from 18pts. I know they could slip up, like all of us.

As for us:

Swan A - 0

Wat A - 3

Forest H - 1

Scum A - 1

Derby H - 3

Pompy A - 1

Cov H - 3

I see us having 82 points. If we can win at scum or swans that will give us 84/85 i think that might just do it.

Swansea & leeds do have it quite hard so we should be able to hold them off but Cardiff do worry me!

All these figures and fixtures are scrambling my brain just can''t wait for things to be a bit clearer! If things go our way this weekend we could well be 7pts clear then i will be getting excited!

The old adage that we just have to win our own games really does hold true. I think that at this stage of the season, it is so difficult to predict, much as it is tempting to try to do so. In January, a team at the bottom of the table wouldn''t be fighting for survival quite as much as they are in April, and the same goes for those in play-off places now or just below those spots.

The Preston/Swansea result last weekend is a case in point - if you had been trying to predict that one, you wouldn''t have been likely to have given Preston the win.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]7 games left. 7 wins and everyone behind us can do what they like. [/quote]

Even six wins would do.

[quote user="natncfc"]Agree with most of what you say city however, looking at Cardiff''s run in i am really struggling to see where they are going to drop too points. Don''t get me wrong i hope they do but cant see them not winning alot of games[/quote]

Cardiff have shown over the last few games that they are more than capable of dropping points. They have only won one in their last five and most of those looked winnable on paper. They may not lose many mof the remaining seven games, but I bet they won''t win them all. They will drop further points in the run-in and we are likely to as well. We have a four-point cushion, so we only need to match or better what they manage over six games. If Pacheco maintains the same quality he showed on Saturday and Holt''s form continues then we will win further games before the season is out. We have the points advantage, the psychological advantage, and the momentum with us at the moment. I would far rather be in our position than Cardiff''s, even with the remaining fixtures. I do think it is going to be tight, but our fate is in our own hands.