Sign in to follow this  
Ayrton Twigge

three out of four to go down

We''re battling with an injury crisis, and so are the Saints.

Website info says "Southampton have suffered a blow with the news that Kevin Phillips faces three weeks on the sidelines."

Further Saints website soundbite for you commenting on reinforcements:-

"The Saints boss has added Jamie Redknapp, Calum Davenport and £2.1million Nigel Quashie to his squad during the January transfer window, and he believes more players need to be added.

''''The chairman has to realise drastic measures are needed,'''' pleaded Redknapp. ''''It''s no good him saying: ''We can''t do this for financial reasons''. He''s got to do something. At the moment we''re odds on to go down.''''

Southampton received £6million from the sale of James Beattie to Everton, yet only £4million of that has been given to Redknapp – of which over half was spent on Quashie."

This tells me we''re not alone - but whoever gets their act together soonest can pull away from danger

Yep Canarychick I agree. If only Leon had managed to control that ball in the last minute against Newcastle, if only Holts'' shot against Portsmouth hadn''t hit the bar and if only Ledley King hadn''t made probably the tackle of the season against Hux at White Hart Lane. Makes you sick doesn''t it? Anyone got anymore "IF ONLYS"?

There are hundreds of if onlys for every team in the football league every season and just as many for you as against you.  Flemings handball at Man City immediately springs to mind as we would have lost that game instead of getting a point.  Unfortunately in any sport there will only be if onlys and it does seem as if we can mention a lot for our team but maybe that is because we dont follow other teams so therefore dont notice them.  Saying that West Brom have got a few in their last game against Fulham.  If only one of their chances had gone in they would now be level with us.  Another instant where it has gone for us and we didnt even play.  

With the exception of Saints losing to Liverpool, Mark "I have no idea about football, nor a personality" Lawrenson has predicted 1-1 draws all around for the bottom clubs.

Having said that, I think Spurs will beat Palace and Man City should make mincemeat of WBA. To be honest, Middlesboro are probably going to come away with the points on saturday even though we both have injury crises...so no predictions right for him this week.

Come on Deano! Prove me wrong...