Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Adam Drury and his testimonial!!

So for his big match, how about the 03/04 team vrs 10/11 promotion winning side ;) well if it happens of course, this would be a cracker! and surely fill the ground? worthy back in the away dugout? hucks down the wing? get marc edworthy in, fleck and malky!!! what you all think?

Also, do you rekon he''ll feature for us again? :)

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcrule"]So for his big match, how about the 03/04 team vrs 10/11 promotion winning side ;) well if it happens of course, this would be a cracker! and surely fill the ground? worthy back in the away dugout? hucks down the wing? get marc edworthy in, fleck and malky!!! what you all think? Also, do you rekon he''ll feature for us again? :) OTBC[/quote]

Fleck???????

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Nota bad idea, some players would be awkward to contact such as Safri.[/quote]Safri wasn''t in the promotion winning side. Besides, he left under a bit of a cloud anyway, as did Damien Francis, who I doubt would get a great reception from the fans (and Leon McKenzie, if those rumours are to be believed...)

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I''m liking this idea.[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...could be a bit one-sided , how many of the 03/04 side are even still playing?![/quote]That isn''t the point though. That Crouch fella is doing alright, however.[/quote]Not tonight he''s not, he just got red carded!

it would be one sided, but i''d love to see it, and im sure most players would love it!!! maybe ix the squads? it would definitly fill the ground surely?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I''m liking this idea.[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...could be a bit one-sided , how many of the 03/04 side are even still playing?![/quote]That isn''t the point though. That Crouch fella is doing alright, however.[/quote]Not tonight he''s not, he just got red carded![/quote]He wants a rest ahead of Adam''s big match. He''s taking this shit seriously, sod the Champions League.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I''m liking this idea.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...could be a bit one-sided , how many of the 03/04 side are even still playing?![/quote]

That isn''t the point though. That Crouch fella is doing alright, however.
[/quote]

Not tonight he''s not, he just got red carded!
[/quote]

Poor old Babes...

A goal and a man down already....

FOYS

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I''m liking this idea.[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...could be a bit one-sided , how many of the 03/04 side are even still playing?![/quote]That isn''t the point though. That Crouch fella is doing alright, however.[/quote]Not tonight he''s not, he just got red carded![/quote]He wants a rest ahead of Adam''s big match. He''s taking this shit seriously, sod the Champions League.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="ncfcrule"]So for his big match, how about the 03/04 team vrs 10/11 promotion winning side ;) well if it happens of course, this would be a cracker! and surely fill the ground? worthy back in the away dugout? hucks down the wing? get marc edworthy in, fleck and malky!!! what you all think? Also, do you rekon he''ll feature for us again? :) OTBC[/quote]

Fleck? So would Gunn, Goss, Culverhouse, Butterworth etc also be able to play for the 03/04 team?!?!

He meant Fleming.

I think for the time being, the club is concentrating on the bigger picture!

Normally a players testimonial game is handled by a comitee and advertised a few months before hand...Drury increasingly out of the first team picture, No announcement re Testimonial.... the end of the season looming....Brace yourselves but i dont think Adam will be here to get a Testimonial... Tierney is first choice now and Lambert will sign decent cover at full back if promoted.Drury to be a Peterborough player again next season....

Drury has been here 10 years and one month now. Even if he leaves in the summer, he WILL get a testimonial.

Although I agree, it is possible Drury may leave this season if we go up. Personally I''d be eager to keep him around the place, although you''ve got to respect his wishes if he wanted guaranteed first team football at this point in his career.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Drury has been here 10 years and one month now. Even if he leaves in the summer, he WILL get a testimonial. [/quote]not necessarily. it''s down to the club.

Thought that it had already been announced that he would be getting one

[quote user="Barbie"]Thought that it had already been announced that he would be getting one[/quote]Correct.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CanaryJames"]Drury has been here 10 years and one month now. Even if he leaves in the summer, he WILL get a testimonial. [/quote]

not necessarily. it''s down to the club.
[/quote]

Jas it was announced on 24th December and was the subject of a PinkUn article and a thread on here the same day.

[quote user="NRGUK"]Will season ticket holders get first refusal?[/quote]I would guess it would be the same as cup games and pre season friendlies where you have till a certain date to claim your seat.

I''d imagine it would be against Peterborough anyway.

The old players could always come off the bench and play for the current team anyway. I remember for Tim Shepherd when we played Celtic about 6 or 7 years ago, Gunn played in goal and even Shepherd got on the pitch at one point.

The Norwich XI don''t have to be registered players. I think

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]The Norwich XI don''t have to be registered players. I think[/quote]This is, or at least was true.  In Matt Le Tissier''s testimonial his son (aged 9) came on and scored 4 goals in a game that finished 11-10, or something equally ridiculous.