Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

That announcement - Holt signs new deal

It also is a big statement of intent by Lambert that IF and it''s still a massive IF by the way we do get promoted, Holt will be given a chance

[quote user="lappinitup"]Massive thanks to Bryan Gunn for recognizing his potential and bringing him here......[/quote]

[:D]

And a massive V sign to those who said he wasn''t good enough for a team with designs on the Premier League[;)]

“If the next three years are anywhere near as good as the last two have been I’ll be absolutely delighted. I’ve enjoyed it and I’ve been fortunate to work with a fantastic manager and a fantastic bunch of lads. My aim is to get this club back into the Premier League and I’ve got three years to do that now."

Does Mr. Holt know something the rest of us don''t as to how this season will conclude?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

“If the next three years are anywhere near as good as the last two have been I’ll be absolutely delighted. I’ve enjoyed it and I’ve been fortunate to work with a fantastic manager and a fantastic bunch of lads. My aim is to get this club back into the Premier League and I’ve got three years to do that now."

Does Mr. Holt know something the rest of us don''t as to how this season will conclude?

[/quote]

Yes, that struck me as slightly odd wording – surely he must believe we''ve got a great chance of being promoted in about three weeks, never mind three years?

Congrats Grant you certainly deserve an improved contract, however I understood GH contract to end 2012 with an option to extend for further year to 2013.  Therefore GH only gets a year on his contract.  I assume this news designed to send mesage to fans and other clubs i.e. good news with more expected. 

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Yes, that struck me as slightly odd wording – surely he must believe we''ve got a great chance of being promoted in about three weeks, never mind three years?

[/quote]

Your reading too much into it,he''s not exactly gonna say we will be there next season is he,as with everyone at the club he is playing it cool until promotion is settled,which it will be!!

[quote user="pete"]Congrats Grant you certainly deserve an improved contract, however I understood GH contract to end 2012 with an option to extend for further year to 2013.  Therefore GH only gets a year on his contract.  I assume this news designed to send mesage to fans and other clubs i.e. good news with more expected. [/quote]

These days the option is more often held by the club rather than the player.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your reading too much into it,he''s not exactly gonna say we will be there next season is he,as with everyone at the club he is playing it cool until promotion is settled,which it will be!!

[/quote]Now he''s got a new contract he probably won''t be arsed, he''ll just amble round looking disinterested I reckon.Wink.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Totally agree Phatcanary. I would be worried if Holty or any other of our players said at this time that we''ve got promotion all sewn up. Holty knows that although we''re 4 points ahead there are massive games ahead of us starting this Sat. So all is still to play for. Good news about the new contract though.

No I believe you''re right Holt would get a chance under Lambert but I believe a few fans have questionned wherever he would cut it.

There''s your manager''s answer anyway

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yeh.... but.... Lappin....Lambo wanted Holty but..... Oh bo11ix you new someone would didn''t you?[/quote]

You did know it just like I knew this would come back Bury. I don''t have a problem with this but taking it a step further rather suggests Gunn had more clout than Lambert. I just can''t go with that so was it Delia?

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yeh.... but.... Lappin....Lambo wanted Holty but..... Oh bo11ix you new someone would didn''t you?[/quote]

You did know it just like I knew this would come back Bury. I don''t have a problem with this but taking it a step further rather suggests Gunn had more clout than Lambert. I just can''t go with that so was it Delia?

[;)]

[/quote]

You know as well as I do that she has nothing to do with the running of the club[;)]

I thought that managers identified the player and the CEO/chairman did the rest. Therefore must have been Doncaster/Munby to thank.

Could just be that Norwich are bigger and/or offered more money.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

You know as well as I do that she has nothing to do with the running of the club[;)]

I thought that managers identified the player and the CEO/chairman did the rest. Therefore must have been Doncaster/Munby to thank.

Could just be that Norwich are bigger and/or offered more money.

[/quote]

Except you know as well as I do that Doncaster and Munby weren''t there[:P]

So it''s entirely possible for the short time she ran the club she manged to get Bowkett, McNally and Holt.

How d''you like them apples[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Except you know as well as I do that Doncaster and Munby weren''t there[:P]

So it''s entirely possible for the short time she ran the club she manged to get Bowkett, McNally and Holt.

[/quote]So...Gunn and Delia signed Grant Holt then...must be some mistake.....

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Fantastic news, the big man is fast becoming a cult hero at Carrow Road[/quote]wrong-for "fast becoming" read "has become", and will go onto become one of our all time greats.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Love em!!

So McNally/Bowkett got Holt not Gunn/Delia

Point made.[;)]

You are not fun any more Nutty to easy[:D]

[/quote]

Nope, wrong again.

You''ve always been easy, don''t know enough to make it hard[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Massive thanks to Bryan Gunn for recognizing his potential and bringing him here......[/quote]

[:D]

And a massive V sign to those who said he wasn''t good enough for a team with designs on the Premier League[;)]

[/quote]

As long as we identify a proven Premiership reject and give them an equivalent 3 year deal in case Grant Holt can''t cut it and it''s all been a fluke...