Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Comment from Guillem Balague on Pacheco

Just interviewed Guillem and this is what he had to say on Dani: "Pacheco is the perfect player between the lines. Bar one or two of the players in the top four teams, no one in the Premier League knows how to defend against such a player and there are very few like him in the Premier League. In the Championship he is going to have a party. As we saw against Scunthorpe, he was unstoppable. He was very impressed with the place and the fans and will do very well there. I wish Norwich good luck with the rest of the season." Don''t know if it adds anything to what''s been said before. James

It all means we can cope without Hoolahan.

If anything, at times against Scunthorpe, having Wes AND Pacheco on the field confused us as much as them! It was like watching Arsenal as we weaved a web rather than play as direct as usual. We eventually sorted it out, but it may make things simpler if Wes isn''t fit and Pacheco gets to fill his role.

I''m not certain he''s a second striker, so it may mean Jackson or Vokes start up front with Pacheco and Lansbury fighting for the creative role. Either way, we have selection problems of the right type, only made worse if Wes is fit!

Lambert must be grinning from ear to ear with ''problems'' like this.

I think the team would miss Wes regardless because he''s been a real handful for anyone against him this season. He''s just all over the pitch backwards and forwards, but hopefully Pacman can fulfil that role or Lansbury! Definitely agree that we have more depth than ever and selection dilemma, but even the subs look like making a real impact when they come on so it''s looking good!

[quote user="keyser Soze"]Thanks for the info. And excuse my ignorance but who is Guillem Balague?[/quote]Shocking. Probably one of the best sports journalists around.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillem_Balague]Guillem Balague[/url][img]http://www.britishblogs.co.uk/images/221118.jpg[/img]