Sign in to follow this  
homeagain

Chants at Carrow Road

Probably get loads of stick for this but here goes....

How many of you feel that the chanting at Carra would sound a lot better & louder if it were slowed down a tad.

Most of what is sung gets lost cos its hurried, would sound really good if it were slowed down. Am not having a go, just feel it would encourage other parts of the ground to join in if they could understand the chants. I remember the 70s 80s when the south stand & river end used to outsing the Barclay. On the ball was hardly sung because there were so many other chants. NB Just cant get enough sounds bloody awfull.

[quote user="homeagain"]Probably get loads of stick for this but here goes....

How many of you feel that the chanting at Carra would sound a lot better & louder if it were slowed down a tad.

Most of what is sung gets lost cos its hurried, would sound really good if it were slowed down. Am not having a go, just feel it would encourage other parts of the ground to join in if they could understand the chants. I remember the 70s 80s when the south stand & river end used to outsing the Barclay. On the ball was hardly sung because there were so many other chants. NB Just cant get enough sounds bloody awfull.[/quote]

On away days we made up a song, its hard to get them going, but this one was a Norwich song for Norwich fans and not copied other teams songs! Its hard work out there!

[quote user="homeagain"]Probably get loads of stick for this but here goes....

Most of what is sung gets lost cos its hurried, would sound really good if it were slowed down. Am not having a go, just feel it would encourage other parts of the ground to join in if they could understand the chants. I remember the 70s 80s when the south stand & river end used to outsing the Barclay. On the ball was hardly sung because there were so many other chants. NB Just cant get enough sounds bloody awfull.[/quote]Agree with every word of that fella, good post!

Just a thought, went to a game years ago when I lived away from Norwich, Liverpool were at Coventry & needed to win for the title. Attendance was anounced at about 26000, Scousers started singing.....

20000 scousers ( Norwich)

20000 scousers (Norwich)

Na na na

Na na na

Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.

Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.

[/quote]

So what is your knowledge on the entrance and half time music at Carrow Road or are you telling us that you actually go to games?

That''s something I agree with you on Cluck.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/faint2.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.

[/quote]

So what is your knowledge on the entrance and half time music at Carrow Road or are you telling us that you actually go to games?

[/quote]You tired old fool. Stick to people you can bully and avoid paddling out of your depth.  There''s a good woodentop.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.

Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You tired old fool. Stick to people you can bully and avoid paddling out of your depth. 

There''s a good woodentop.
[/quote]

I take you will not answer a simple question then.I go to the games and i listen to the music.You do not so what gives you the right to come on here preaching the gospel according to Cluck on a subject you know bugger all about.Now cut the crap and answer you miserable,whinging,moaning,boring,tiresome individual who has nothing good whatsoever to say about a football club you claim to support.

i totally agree and have mentioned that on here before.

the songs start well and fizzle out because they speed up so much no-one can keep up.

why have all the songs sped up?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You tired old fool. Stick to people you can bully and avoid paddling out of your depth. 

There''s a good woodentop.
[/quote]

I take you will not answer a simple question then.I go to the games and i listen to the music.You do not so what gives you the right to come on here preaching the gospel according to Cluck on a subject you know bugger all about.Now cut the crap and answer you miserable,whinging,moaning,boring,tiresome individual who has nothing good whatsoever to say about a football club you claim to support.

[/quote]

Well I do go to games and totaly agree with him.If a crowd of 26,000 can''t manage to cheer and start a song after a goal there''s something wrong.

Many times songs are tried to be started after a goal only to be drowned out by that same song.

Even last year after the final whistle,last game of the season and you wanted to start a chant for each player as they came round on the lap of honor,again to be drowned out by music.

It''s part of the game now I realise that, some like it ,some don''t.I can''t see why he complains about music at half time though.Perhaps the younger generation don''t know what it''s like not to have it.Anyway I would prefer no music after goals and full time.Any other time i have no problem with it at all.

Watching the highlights from the other day and all you could hear was clapping and no chants as they were getting drowned out. Sounds very strange with 20000+clapping.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.

[/quote]

[/quote]You tired old fool. Stick to people you can bully and avoid paddling out of your depth.  There''s a good woodentop.[/quote]

[/quote]Like I''ve said.... your days of putting on your little helmet and pushing others about are over. Sit back, take the tax payers money and be grateful for it. Having messed up the supporters club nicely I''d have thought your opinion on anything NCFC was pretty irrelevant.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.[/quote]I don''t think that''s an accusation that can be specifically levelled at our club – the same thing happens at every ground I''ve ever been to.Still, I agree there is way too much music over the PA, it''s way too loud, and most of it is sh*t. I do like them running out to Carmina Burana though... very atmospheric.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.[/quote]I don''t think that''s an accusation that can be specifically levelled at our club – the same thing happens at every ground I''ve ever been to.Still, I agree there is way too much music over the PA, it''s way too loud, and most of it is sh*t. I do like them running out to Carmina Burana though... very atmospheric.[/quote]I entirely agree and it''s not a specific criticism of City at all.The atmosphere at grounds is now controlled by a drone with a musak button for every event. It''s artificial and for me it ruined the whole matchday experience. No-one thinks anymore as it''s all done for them.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.

I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.
[/quote]
I don''t think that''s an accusation that can be specifically levelled at our club – the same thing happens at every ground I''ve ever been to.

Still, I agree there is way too much music over the PA, it''s way too loud, and most of it is sh*t. I do like them running out to Carmina Burana though... very atmospheric.
[/quote]

I entirely agree and it''s not a specific criticism of City at all.

The atmosphere at grounds is now controlled by a drone with a musak button for every event. It''s artificial and for me it ruined the whole matchday experience. No-one thinks anymore as it''s all done for them.
[/quote]

[8]

Forever and ever,
We''ll follow our team,
We''re the grass roots fans

We rule supreme.

We''ll never be mastered,
By the cooks flock of b*st*rds,
We''ll keep the green flag,
On our armchairs

On our armchairs in our front room,
We prophecise the doom and gloom,
On our armchairs no musak at all,
So we don''t miss Canary Call.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.[/quote]I don''t think that''s an accusation that can be specifically levelled at our club – the same thing happens at every ground I''ve ever been to.Still, I agree there is way too much music over the PA, it''s way too loud, and most of it is sh*t. I do like them running out to Carmina Burana though... very atmospheric.[/quote]I entirely agree and it''s not a specific criticism of City at all.The atmosphere at grounds is now controlled by a drone with a musak button for every event. It''s artificial and for me it ruined the whole matchday experience. No-one thinks anymore as it''s all done for them.[/quote]

[8]

Forever and ever,We''ll follow our team,We''re the grass roots fans

We rule supreme.We''ll never be mastered,By the cooks flock of b*st*rds,We''ll keep the green flag,On our armchairs

On our armchairs in our front room,We prophecise the doom and gloom,On our armchairs no musak at all,So we don''t miss Canary Call.

[/quote]Very good![:D]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.[/quote]I don''t think that''s an accusation that can be specifically levelled at our club – the same thing happens at every ground I''ve ever been to.Still, I agree there is way too much music over the PA, it''s way too loud, and most of it is sh*t. I do like them running out to Carmina Burana though... very atmospheric.[/quote]I entirely agree and it''s not a specific criticism of City at all.The atmosphere at grounds is now controlled by a drone with a musak button for every event. It''s artificial and for me it ruined the whole matchday experience. No-one thinks anymore as it''s all done for them.[/quote]

Do you want some ketchup with that chip?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Stop the stupid bloody ''musak'' at the ground from drowning out the crowd and you might get some spontaneity back.Whether it''s entrance music, goal music or half time music.... the club are even trying to orchestrate that side of things for the crowd.I would suggest a ''no musak'' day at Carrow Road and let the supporters judge what they prefer.[/quote]

thats the best (and only) thing you''ve said...and I''m shocked I actually agree with you.

I''ve stated many times about how since the 80''s our music seems be 20 years behind itself...and the "dj" if you can call him that seems to have a love affair with the music of Freddie Mercury/Queen. Oh dear?

...Cluck - I''m with you...no music for a day please. NCFC.

There was a poll on the front page of pinkun a year or so back and about 70% voted no goal music. Still here though. Hmph.

Maybe this is the sort of thing the new Norwich City Supporters Club could act upon.A poll among members might have more impact?

Bloomin'' ''eck I think I''m in agreement with Nora[:O]

But only because I like the idea of The Butler strolling into McNally''s office to tell him how his business should be run[;)]

I don''t know if the music is just for fans. I''m not claiming any expertise in sports psychology but is it possibly also for the players?

I have a very good friend who is a non league manager, he (and presumably his team) play extraordinarily loud, brain crushing music in the dressing room, he even prepares a CD each season to have played during warm up and a track specifically for the run out, but he does stop short of demanding that it''s played when, ok if a goal is scored. I think and maybe he realises that with just ten to twenty paying spectators it might be a bit cheesy.

OK then, so we find it a bit cheesy too when we score but is the music good for the team?