Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Unfair Ballots...?

[quote user="CityLegends04"][quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="CityLegends04"]In the last two seasons I''ve been to over 20 away games including Exeter last season when the club was in turmoil, Scunthorpe, Preston, Millwall and Coventry in appaling road conditions this. I applied in group 2 thinking the 10 stubs b***ocks was done by computer only to find i''ve been unsuccesful for Ipswich because i hadn''t registered my stubs, never mind though someone in their first season as a season ticket holder will get their first away game. F***ing farce if you ask me but at least i now know how the w*nk system operates.[/quote]

Did you go to Colchester or Charlton last season? Both were oversubscribed and therefore subject to a ballot so you were either lucky in the ballot in group 3 or managed to submit stubs last year? Ignorance of the system is not an excuse. I''m surprised the club didn''t contact you if you ticked group 2 though as they have done previously to get me to take the stubs in.

[/quote]Unsuccesful for Colchester but succesful for Charlton, Im also going to Swansea saturday so thankfully won''t have to apply for Portsmouth. The form just wasn''t clear enough it didn''t actually say you had to register your 10 stubs only if you have registred them already you still have to complete the form. The club didn''t contact me even though i put my mobile number on the form. I''ve sent an email asking for clarification however. [/quote]If you didn''t register the stubs I take it you sent them with the application, in which case you should have been in group 2.

Changing tack a tad here - will the majority of games be balloted if we go up?  I would have thought so as the number of away season ticket holders will obviously massively increase and the general demand for away tickets will be sky high, even though most grounds are able to allocate more to visitors than many Championship clubs.  How did it work last time we were there?

Last time I think away season tickets were capped at 1,000. But most of them would have had 10 stubs anyway. Our support would be even more if we go up this season. I reckon two successive promotions would ensure that. Probably be loads of ballots at first and for the big clubs. Man. Utd away tickets would be gold dust but Blackburn away on a damp night in November would be no problem. I rather suspect these unglamorous games would be the nutty ones. Me and Jellytot had away season tickets last time but I wouldn''t do that again.

Yes, all those useless clubs in the North West that someone was talking about yesterday - like Man United, Man City, Liverpool ..... he wanted QPR to go up and West Ham to stay in, if I recall ... :-D

Whatever the club do, there will be winners and losers, and some of losers will claim its unfair

I fully support the idea that those with 10 away stubs get priority - but that should be above anyone else.  Cluck has actually come up with a semi sensible comment - for once - in as much that a season ticket should get you a seat for HOME games.  Yes, I appreciate Morty that youre spending 600 quid on 3 season tickets but to be brutally honest that doesnt make you any more - or less - of a supporter.  Some people cant make every home game - some people cant afford to get a season ticket - or both.  I could afford a ST but I work long hours duing the week so only really see the kids at weekend.  Its not fair on them to miss every other Saturday at football.  And whilst some people buy STs and only attend a few games, money isnt quite that easy I can throw it away.  So I attend more away games than home cos I quite like seeing other grounds

However Im not whinging - Im happy to go when I can and I listen to the radio, watch the telly and shout and scream at both.  I wear my Norwich shirt with pride.  I used to have a ST and will do again once the kids are old enough to go.  Im a super member so that I can get tickets to as many home games as I can realistically make without being a stranger to my family.  My 3 year old son has a Grant Holt poster on his wall and tells everyone that GH is his favourite player.  So anyone that suggests Im any less of a supporter or less deserving just because I cant go every week needs their head testing

One last thing - I didnt go into the ballot for the Scum game.  Even if I could have got into a priority group, Ive only been there once and we lost 5-0.  So I think we''re more likely to get a result if I watch the beam-back thanks very much....

If you read back a bit BH I actually state that I don''t think I should get any priority for away tickets just because I have a home season ticket.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Whatever the club do, there will be winners and losers, and some of losers will claim its unfair

I fully support the idea that those with 10 away stubs get priority - but that should be above anyone else.  Cluck has actually come up with a semi sensible comment - for once - in as much that a season ticket should get you a seat for HOME games.  Yes, I appreciate Morty that youre spending 600 quid on 3 season tickets but to be brutally honest that doesnt make you any more - or less - of a supporter.  Some people cant make every home game - some people cant afford to get a season ticket - or both.  I could afford a ST but I work long hours duing the week so only really see the kids at weekend.  Its not fair on them to miss every other Saturday at football.  And whilst some people buy STs and only attend a few games, money isnt quite that easy I can throw it away.  So I attend more away games than home cos I quite like seeing other grounds

However Im not whinging - Im happy to go when I can and I listen to the radio, watch the telly and shout and scream at both.  I wear my Norwich shirt with pride.  I used to have a ST and will do again once the kids are old enough to go.  Im a super member so that I can get tickets to as many home games as I can realistically make without being a stranger to my family.  My 3 year old son has a Grant Holt poster on his wall and tells everyone that GH is his favourite player.  So anyone that suggests Im any less of a supporter or less deserving just because I cant go every week needs their head testing

One last thing - I didnt go into the ballot for the Scum game.  Even if I could have got into a priority group, Ive only been there once and we lost 5-0.  So I think we''re more likely to get a result if I watch the beam-back thanks very much....

[/quote]

If you were in the club''s position, would you not want to try and keep season ticket holders happy over anyone else? Whilst I agree that being a season ticket holder doesn''t make someone more or less of a supporter, it does make them more valuable to the club and therefore probably more of a priority to the club too. 

So although I agree with you, it''s probably not the fairest way of doing things, I think the club have it organised in a way that is in the best interests of the club and I find it hard to see any basis to argue with that even though it is not arranged in a way that favours me.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

Just a thought. What do your kids think about that?

True fans put their club before their family, regardless of any possible outcome. It is not just about the club either, drinking time with one''s mates before and after the game should also take priority. The hunter doesn''t need to be there to spoon feed and nurse his young or sweep up afterwards, these are jobs for someone filling one of the other family roles.

[quote user="The gut"]True fans put their club before their family, regardless of any possible outcome. It is not just about the club either, drinking time with one''s mates before and after the game should also take priority. The hunter doesn''t need to be there to spoon feed and nurse his young or sweep up afterwards, these are jobs for someone filling one of the other family roles.[/quote]

Try telling that to my missus Gut - she''d have your little round spherical bits hanging off a hook before you could say ''Yellows....''

Webbo - to be fair my kids are 12, 3 and 10 months.  The 12 year old thinks football is boring (typical almost teen girl) but the other two dont really know anything other than daddys not there.  Suffice to say I will be going to more games once theyre old enough to understand....[:)]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]You''re right mate, and I completely understand your frustration. You are always gonna get the (what I call) glory supporters. Well maybe not so much for this game, but when doing well (and important games) every single time the demand will be high. Why didn''t the 5000 or so fans who applied for Ipswich not go to Scunthorpe in August, where around 800 went I believe? [:(] It saddens and frustrates me, but there is nothing you can do about it. [/quote]

You get this at every club in the land - Carlisle and Brentford had 25000 each at wembley last week yet where are those 20000 extra at their home games - just a glory day out at wembley