Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Unfair Ballots...?

do these ballots actually take place?

i know someone who has got a ticket and hasn''t been to a game all season, they got it from someone who works for the club,

now that really f**ks me off.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Year of the tiger"] it would be better if everyones name was recorded when buying tickets thus removing need for stubs, but it is better than a free for all[/quote]

Doesn''t always work like that especially for exiled fans who sometimes pay on the gate for "local games".

[/quote]

Or for people who buy away tickets on behalf of mates so they can sit together

[/quote]

But as I said if each ticket was recorded against one individual there would be no problem..except for the poor so & so in the ticket office. Also I know of lots of exiles who buy in advance as they''ll have to IF we go up

[quote user="them2"]do these ballots actually take place? i know someone who has got a ticket and hasn''t been to a game all season, they got it from someone who works for the club, now that really f**ks me off.[/quote]

Name and shame them then.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"][quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Year of the tiger"] it would be better if everyones name was recorded when buying tickets thus removing need for stubs, but it is better than a free for all[/quote]

Doesn''t always work like that especially for exiled fans who sometimes pay on the gate for "local games".

[/quote]

Or for people who buy away tickets on behalf of mates so they can sit together

[/quote] But as I said if each ticket was recorded against one individual there would be no problem..except for the poor so & so in the ticket office. Also I know of lots of exiles who buy in advance as they''ll have to IF we go up[/quote]

OK, this is the scenario. There are 10 of us, all season ticket holders. I buy away tickets on behalf of all of us as I live in Norwich. I have 10 customer numbers if needed. I always give my customer number as it''s easier for the personn in the ticket office but sometimes I can''t get out of work to go to the game but all tickets would be logged against me. Sometimes 5 of us go but at the time of purchase, I wouldn''t know for certain which 5. If someone changes their mind, I will try to find another one of us to go. Those that go have 10 stubs to log...actually those who have only gone to 8 can use any "extra" stubs.[;)]

Me and my brother have been to 12 away games this season so that we could be guaranteed Ipscum tickets.

He isnt a season ticket holder however and this is where I think the system fails. How can it be fair that even though he has been to 10 away games he misses out and drops us both down into group 3 with season ticket holders who might not have been to an away game that season? Fortunately we''ve enjoyed all the games we''ve attended but it doesnt change the fact that this system is very very unfair.

I''ve loved every thing that Super Dave and the new board have bought to this club but ffs the system needs changing.

If we''d known that season ticket holders who havent been to a single away game would be group 3 like him we wouldnt have bothered going to 10 away games and just bought him a season ticket instead!!

Now please... how can that be fair?????

OTBC

"All the more reason to do away with the ''big'' crowds then.

Quality not quantity is the keyword here."

What a bellend!

Think you will find most teams do things simular,whichever way tickets are done people will be upset/hard done by.thats not having a go at you its life.

I have simular issues with englandfans.For away games you get 2 caps ,home you get 1.But i''m a gold member (means away membership) but still if someone goes to 5 pointless home friendly''s, they have more rights to tickets than someone that goes to 2 away games,But away games is what i get caps for.My point is systems work for the majority,impossible for all.

Stop moaning, the rules on it all are clear. The only people that get upset over this are the people that haven''t got a ticket because they don''t meet the requirements. It quite clearly says SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WITH 10 REGISTERED STUBS.

[quote user="Gorn2Hell"]"All the more reason to do away with the ''big'' crowds then.

Quality not quantity is the keyword here."

What a bellend![/quote]Glad you enjoyed it.

Everyone knows the rules at the start of the season but every time there''s a ballot exactly the same arguments comes up. You can debate for hours which fans are ''more worthy'' of a ticket than others but the fact is that the system is very clear and it''s not perfect but when demand outstrips supply it''s better than nothing.

[quote user="CT"]Me and my brother have been to 12 away games this season so that we could be guaranteed Ipscum tickets. He isnt a season ticket holder however and this is where I think the system fails. How can it be fair that even though he has been to 10 away games he misses out and drops us both down into group 3 with season ticket holders who might not have been to an away game that season? Fortunately we''ve enjoyed all the games we''ve attended but it doesnt change the fact that this system is very very unfair. I''ve loved every thing that Super Dave and the new board have bought to this club but ffs the system needs changing. If we''d known that season ticket holders who havent been to a single away game would be group 3 like him we wouldnt have bothered going to 10 away games and just bought him a season ticket instead!! Now please... how can that be fair????? OTBC[/quote]

Season ticket holders with no stubs have always been group 3 ever since the ballot system started several seasons ago so it is nothing new.The "if we''d have known " statement by you to me says that you have not ever read what is required of you in the NCFC ballot scheme.Yes the system has failed you but you should have made yourself aware of this from day one.

Why doesn''t your brother have a season ticket? .. I agree that people who go to 10+ away games a season deserve priority for away games but you need to remember that people who have a season ticket also deserve just as much right as they are paying £400+ for their season ticket to someone who doesn''t have a season ticket. I think the system is fine the way it is at the moment but another priority group where people with 5+ away stubs should be implemented. Where I don''t think the system is fair is people when go to one game (Swansea) and have priority to the Portsmouth game over people who have a season ticket and 10+ plus away match stubs. I understand where you are coming from though and if I was in your situation I would be very frustrated too as you deserve to have the ticket for Ipswich away. But in future if you want a ticket just apply on your own rather than with someone in a lower priority group ..

I know someone who has not attended any away games all season, has only attended one home game (while is brother was on holiday thus had his ticket!) and he got given two tickets by a certain ex welsh city striker! Now that sucks too!!!

i have been to 11 home games this season and only paid for 2. the rest have been free tickets... I must be the scum of the earth.....

I agree that season ticket holders shouldn''t have priority over regular away travellers, but I can see why they do, in fact it''s blindingly obvious! They are club''s most important customers and therefore the ones that the club will try and keep happy over anyone else.

Whilst in my opinion the fairest method for deciding who gets to go to away games is previous track record for attending away games, people that only buy tickets for away games aren''t giving the club any of their hard earned cash.

As a season ticket holder I completely agree with the above. I don''t think home season ticket holders should get any priority at all for away tickets.

So basically your brother didn''t want a season ticket but decided to travel to 10 away games just so he could ultimately get a ticket for the Ipswich game, and that if you had of known you wouldn''t of got an Ipswich away ticket from the start, you wouldn''t have bothered?...

TOP TIP: In future avoid incurring the considerable waste of time and financial expense by travelling to 10 away games you don''t want to watch, and instead volunteer to be a steward at Ipswich games in order to be guarenteed a place in the ground to ''watch'' the one game of the season you do want to see. Don''t thank me.

[quote user="CT"]Me and my brother have been to 12 away games this season so that we could be guaranteed Ipscum tickets.

He isnt a season ticket holder however and this is where I think the system fails. How can it be fair that even though he has been to 10 away games he misses out and drops us both down into group 3 with season ticket holders who might not have been to an away game that season? Fortunately we''ve enjoyed all the games we''ve attended but it doesnt change the fact that this system is very very unfair.

I''ve loved every thing that Super Dave and the new board have bought to this club but ffs the system needs changing.

If we''d known that season ticket holders who havent been to a single away game would be group 3 like him we wouldnt have bothered going to 10 away games and just bought him a season ticket instead!!

Now please... how can that be fair?????

OTBC[/quote]if you had been succesful in the ballot you wouldn''t give a sh*t. you missed out along with hundreds of others.. deal with it...

Season ticket holders put money into the club - people who only go to away games don''t - think the Club have got it right

Here''s an alternative view.

I�m from Leeds, so I don�t go to Carrow Road very often, I try and get there once per season.

Now I go to every away game from the Midlands up and because of the teams in the Championship''s this season means, I�ve been to 10-12. I could also have got to another 4-5 matches had it not been for work, finances, family stuff etc.

I do not feel I should take priority over Season ticket holders because I have been to 12 away games and they have been to none. I also believe season ticket holders should have an advantage when it comes to ballots. Season ticket holders cannot pick and choose which games they want to go to as they are paying a lump sum to attend all home matches. While I admire anyone attending away games especially in some of the grim northern towns this year they shouldn�t have an advantage when trying to get balloted game tickets. If you want to guarantee getting a Ipswich away ticket, then become Away Season Ticket holder. You cant say �I went to 10 away matches so I could get Ipswich Tickets� then moan when someone that has attended every home game gets them in front of you. If your trying to work out who the better fan is, is it the kid that�s gone to 10 away matches just so he can get an Ipswich ticket or the kid that as been to every home game that season?

Ok, Here''s an alternative view.

I�m from Leeds, so I don�t go to Carrow Road very often, I try and get there once per season.

Now I go to every away game from the Midlands up and because of the teams in the Championship''s this season means, I�ve been to 10-12. I could also have got to another 4-5 matches had it not been for work, finances, family stuff etc.

I do not feel I should take priority over Season ticket holders because I have been to 12 away games and they have been to none. I also believe season ticket holders should have an advantage when it comes to ballots. Season ticket holders cannot pick and choose which games they want to go to as they are paying a lump sum to attend all home matches. While I admire anyone attending away games especially in some of the grim northern towns this year they shouldn�t have an advantage when trying to get balloted game tickets. If you want to guarantee getting a Ipswich away ticket, then become Away Season Ticket holder. You cant say �I went to 10 away matches so I could get Ipswich Tickets� then moan when someone that has attended every home game gets them in front of you. If your trying to work out who the better fan is, is it the kid that�s gone to 10 away matches just so he can get an Ipswich ticket or the kid that as been to every home game that season?

Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]What about those of us who have home season tickets and also go to away games finances and work permitting?Prats? More money than sense? Sycophantic Deliaite contributors to the sell out of the working class game?[;)]

The worst part is how they print the rejection letter on a ticket. I got up, opened the mail, and thought :O YES! I GOT A TICKET... then I read what it said :/

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]What about those of us who have home season tickets and also go to away games finances and work permitting?Prats? More money than sense? Sycophantic Deliaite contributors to the sell out of the working class game?[;)][/quote]Hypothetical as far as I''m concerned. Home and away games are not the same thing. One you buy... one you work hard at achieving.Turn up... queue up... get in.  Having a season ticket means nothing apart from petty bragging rights on here and Facebook.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]What about those of us who have home season tickets and also go to away games finances and work permitting?Prats? More money than sense? Sycophantic Deliaite contributors to the sell out of the working class game?[;)][/quote]Hypothetical as far as I''m concerned. Home and away games are not the same thing. One you buy... one you work hard at achieving.Turn up... queue up... get in.  Having a season ticket means nothing apart from petty bragging rights on here and Facebook.[/quote]Ah of course though, you don''t go to games, do you? If you did you would know that it is virtually impossible to pitch up on the day and get 3 seats together. Having a season ticket ensures me and the kids get to every game.Thank me later for clearing that up for you.[:)]