Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Unfair Ballots...?

i have a season ticket and love to go to away games too i have been to around 4 this season, i would love to go to more but just can not afford it, does that make me any less of a fan? or does money have to buy super fan?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Here''s an alternative view. I�m from Leeds, so I don�t go to Carrow Road very often, I try and get there once per season. Now I go to every away game from the Midlands up and because of the teams in the Championship''s this season means, I�ve been to 10-12. I could also have got to another 4-5 matches had it not been for work, finances, family stuff etc. I do not feel I should take priority over Season ticket holders because I have been to 12 away games and they have been to none. I also believe season ticket holders should have an advantage when it comes to ballots. Season ticket holders cannot pick and choose which games they want to go to as they are paying a lump sum to attend all home matches. While I admire anyone attending away games especially in some of the grim northern towns this year they shouldn�t have an advantage when trying to get balloted game tickets. If you want to guarantee getting a Ipswich away ticket, then become Away Season Ticket holder. You cant say �I went to 10 away matches so I could get Ipswich Tickets� then moan when someone that has attended every home game gets them in front of you. If your trying to work out who the better fan is, is it the kid that�s gone to 10 away matches just so he can get an Ipswich ticket or the kid that as been to every home game that season?[/quote]

I see your point of view, but in my opinion the benefit of being a season ticket holder is getting the seat you have chosen for every game of the season at a discounted rate.

For me, the most equitable approach to deciding who gets to go to away games is track record for going to away games. However, life isn''t fair, and as I said above, it''s season ticket holders that are the clubs most important customers. If I were the club I would have the exact same policy. It''s the right policy, but I don''t think it''s the fairest way of doing things.

I just cant see how its fair that someone with a home season ticket might not have been to an away game this year yet enjoys the same chance as someone whos been to 10 away games but without a home season ticket.

They should keep home and away tickets seperate!

[quote user="CT"]I just cant see how its fair that someone with a home season ticket might not have been to an away game this year yet enjoys the same chance as someone whos been to 10 away games but without a home season ticket.

They should keep home and away tickets seperate![/quote]Read the thread and what people have said. If we want to be particular about it, I, for instance, will be giving Norwich City £600 of business next season. If I chose instead to go to every away game, I would be giving them the odd price of a booking fee, maybe 20 or 30 quid total.Harsh facts, but facts nonetheless.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CT"]I just cant see how its fair that someone with a home season ticket might not have been to an away game this year yet enjoys the same chance as someone whos been to 10 away games but without a home season ticket. They should keep home and away tickets seperate![/quote]

Read the thread and what people have said. If we want to be particular about it, I, for instance, will be giving Norwich City £600 of business next season. If I chose instead to go to every away game, I would be giving them the odd price of a booking fee, maybe 20 or 30 quid total.

Harsh facts, but facts nonetheless.
[/quote]

I agree with this - it isn''t fair, but it''s is clearly the right decision and very much in the best interests of the football club.

As David Cameron would say to Miliband ''you cant attack our plan if you dont have one of your own''!

I suppose that logic applies here- I cant really think of a better way but I suppose no system is ever going to be fair.

The worst thing is had I decided to apply by myself for tickets I''d have been in group 2 and guaranteed tickets- because I''m a season ticket holder.

I suppose the beamback wont be THAT bad, will it!?

[quote user="CT"]Me and my brother have been to 12 away games this season so that we could be guaranteed Ipscum tickets. He isnt a season ticket holder however and this is where I think the system fails. How can it be fair that even though he has been to 10 away games he misses out and drops us both down into group 3 with season ticket holders who might not have been to an away game that season? Fortunately we''ve enjoyed all the games we''ve attended but it doesnt change the fact that this system is very very unfair. I''ve loved every thing that Super Dave and the new board have bought to this club but ffs the system needs changing. If we''d known that season ticket holders who havent been to a single away game would be group 3 like him we wouldnt have bothered going to 10 away games and just bought him a season ticket instead!! Now please... how can that be fair????? OTBC[/quote]

You should have put in separate forms then at least you would have got a ticket. If you put in group applications then they automatically put you in the category of the lowest priority applicant within the group. Worth remembering for future reference.

You havnt got an argument for me,

How can your brother who as been to 10 away games ''just to get Ipswich tickets'' deserve an Ipswich ticket more than some one who as been to 38 league games?

In the last two seasons I''ve been to over 20 away games including Exeter last season when the club was in turmoil, Scunthorpe, Preston, Millwall and Coventry in appaling road conditions this. I applied in group 2 thinking the 10 stubs b***ocks was done by computer only to find i''ve been unsuccesful for Ipswich because i hadn''t registered my stubs, never mind though someone in their first season as a season ticket holder will get their first away game. F***ing farce if you ask me but at least i now know how the w*nk system operates.

It''s a ballot.

The criterion for catagory 3 was clear, so how can it be unfair?

Perhaps on Saturday night when the National Lottery is drawn and I fail to win the jackpot (again), I should complain that I deserve it more than someone who has only entered for the first time that day.

I didn''t get a ticket for the game, but that''s tough luck. Until they change the way that the oversubscribed games are dealt with, stop moaning and move on.

[quote user="CityLegends04"]In the last two seasons I''ve been to over 20 away games including Exeter last season when the club was in turmoil, Scunthorpe, Preston, Millwall and Coventry in appaling road conditions this. I applied in group 2 thinking the 10 stubs b***ocks was done by computer only to find i''ve been unsuccesful for Ipswich because i hadn''t registered my stubs, never mind though someone in their first season as a season ticket holder will get their first away game. F***ing farce if you ask me but at least i now know how the w*nk system operates.[/quote]

Did you go to Colchester or Charlton last season? Both were oversubscribed and therefore subject to a ballot so you were either lucky in the ballot in group 3 or managed to submit stubs last year? Ignorance of the system is not an excuse. I''m surprised the club didn''t contact you if you ticked group 2 though as they have done previously to get me to take the stubs in.

This system has been in place for ages, if people dont know the rules by now then they never will!

I doubt there are many people who have landed a Town ticket who have not been all season, so that one does not wash. 

However - If people think the moaning is bad now wait until the Portsmouth tickets are issued.  How NCFC have played that is unfair and goes against their own charter!

Missed 3 games all season. Go to every away and home game (bar 3 obviously) from Lincoln. I got a ticket. Most of you lot live in Norwich and are moaning. Try doing a 250mile round trip every weekend, whether this be home or away. Get your beamback ticket.

i got a colchester in the ballot year year but not the charlton game just luck, i didn''t get a ipswich ticket but i got my beam back tickets today!

can we stop moaning about it now its getting boring

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="CityLegends04"]In the last two seasons I''ve been to over 20 away games including Exeter last season when the club was in turmoil, Scunthorpe, Preston, Millwall and Coventry in appaling road conditions this. I applied in group 2 thinking the 10 stubs b***ocks was done by computer only to find i''ve been unsuccesful for Ipswich because i hadn''t registered my stubs, never mind though someone in their first season as a season ticket holder will get their first away game. F***ing farce if you ask me but at least i now know how the w*nk system operates.[/quote]

Did you go to Colchester or Charlton last season? Both were oversubscribed and therefore subject to a ballot so you were either lucky in the ballot in group 3 or managed to submit stubs last year? Ignorance of the system is not an excuse. I''m surprised the club didn''t contact you if you ticked group 2 though as they have done previously to get me to take the stubs in.

[/quote]Unsuccesful for Colchester but succesful for Charlton, Im also going to Swansea saturday so thankfully won''t have to apply for Portsmouth. The form just wasn''t clear enough it didn''t actually say you had to register your 10 stubs only if you have registred them already you still have to complete the form. The club didn''t contact me even though i put my mobile number on the form. I''ve sent an email asking for clarification however.

If we could make the system fit around our own personal circumstances even fewer people would be successful.

I''m a season ticket holder, but I make a 250 mile round trip to watch the games, shouldn''t that count for something too? The answer is obviously no.

The system only sucks if you''re unsuccessful, and with a finite number of tickets available people are going to miss out - deal with it.

(I missed out, and can''t make it to the beamback either).

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.

You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.

Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]

So what about me and many others who have to travel to get to each home game? I have a season ticket but have to travel to Norwich from Nottingham and back, and whilst not reaching 10 stubs have been to some away games aswell. You can''t say that people who go to away games spend more "time, effort and money following the team" - it''s not that black and white.

CT and his brother should have been aware of the balloting system and for his brother only going to 10 away games so he could get an Ipswich away ticket, if not he wouldn''t of bothered suggests to me that maybe this system isn''t far wrong, and the I''m glad in this case his brother missed out.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]What about those of us who have home season tickets and also go to away games finances and work permitting?Prats? More money than sense? Sycophantic Deliaite contributors to the sell out of the working class game?[;)]

[/quote]Hypothetical as far as I''m concerned. Home and away games are not the same thing. One you buy... one you work hard at achieving.Turn up... queue up... get in.  Having a season ticket means nothing apart from petty bragging rights on here and Facebook.[/quote]Ah of course though, you don''t go to games, do you? If you did you would know that it is virtually impossible to pitch up on the day and get 3 seats together. Having a season ticket ensures me and the kids get to every game.Thank me later for clearing that up for you.[:)]

[/quote]Weak weak weak......Suddenly you buy a season ticket and all that has gone before you disappears. You have just inherited what has been been created and kept going by a million others before you.... and now you own it? You''ve got a very long way to go before you even begin to reach my lifetime of support.Bankroll Smith if you like.... but I''m not into train sets.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]What about those of us who have home season tickets and also go to away games finances and work permitting?Prats? More money than sense? Sycophantic Deliaite contributors to the sell out of the working class game?[;)]

[/quote]Hypothetical as far as I''m concerned. Home and away games are not the same thing. One you buy... one you work hard at achieving.Turn up... queue up... get in.  Having a season ticket means nothing apart from petty bragging rights on here and Facebook.[/quote]Ah of course though, you don''t go to games, do you? If you did you would know that it is virtually impossible to pitch up on the day and get 3 seats together. Having a season ticket ensures me and the kids get to every game.Thank me later for clearing that up for you.[:)]

[/quote]Weak weak weak......Suddenly you buy a season ticket and all that has gone before you disappears. You have just inherited what has been been created and kept going by a million others before you.... and now you own it? You''ve got a very long way to go before you even begin to reach my lifetime of support.Bankroll Smith if you like.... but I''m not into train sets.

[/quote]Ahhhhh, the old "talk gibberish when you have no debate" tactic, you have been studying Bly''s posts, haven''t you?You don''t even go to games, I have been a season ticket holder for the last ten years, my opinion is, therefore, infinitely more valid.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]Ahhhhh, the old "talk gibberish when you have no debate" tactic, you have been studying Bly''s posts, haven''t you?You don''t even go to games, I have been a season ticket holder for the last ten years, my opinion is, therefore, infinitely more valid.[;)][/quote]Wow... 10 whole years?  You''ve certainly enjoyed the good times then haven''t you?Not even out of First School regarding support morty... and as all of that time has been under your precious saviour, you clearly haven''t got a clue. Like your dozy plod chum.... ideas way above your one track station.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]Ahhhhh, the old "talk gibberish when you have no debate" tactic, you have been studying Bly''s posts, haven''t you?You don''t even go to games, I have been a season ticket holder for the last ten years, my opinion is, therefore, infinitely more valid.[;)][/quote]Wow... 10 whole years?  You''ve certainly enjoyed the good times then haven''t you?Not even out of First School regarding support morty... and as all of that time has been under your precious saviour, you clearly haven''t got a clue. Like your dozy plod chum.... ideas way above your one track station.

[/quote]You''re morphing from "amusing forum troll" into a bit of a bell-end now mate.So, let me get this straight, because of the fact you are older, and have been supporting City longer than me, this means you are a more important fan than I am?You bring nothing to the table, I''d be surprised if you can even remember what Carrow road looks like.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Any pratt with the money can buy a home ''season ticket''... but a fan who spends time, effort  and money following the team around the country is far more worthy and entitled to any ''away'' advantage.You whinging little season ticket holders have cornered the Carrow Road market via your wallets...accept then that the effort by some means they are serious fans and not just convenience supporters.Cake and eat it scenario.

[/quote]You''re morphing from "amusing forum troll" into a bit of a bell-end now mate.So, let me get this straight, because of the fact you are older, and have been supporting City longer than me, this means you are a more important fan than I am?You bring nothing to the table, I''d be surprised if you can even remember what Carrow road looks like.[/quote]On that note I''ll leave you to it....Oh dear.

looking at the beam back sales how many would you think we have sold, i don''t know what each area holds

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=01&product=PV10IP&campaign=&type=H

I''ve dipped in and out of this thread since it''s been running and it''s a shame that there''s so much noise stiffling one or two attempts at a decent debate.

It''s fair to say that the current system has been in place for a number of years, so we really should all know the rules by now. (I would actually be interested to know how many fans there are actually in Priority Groups 1 & 2, as this would give us a feel for how many are left over for Priority Group Three?)

What''s often ignored, is that the number of season tickets has increased significantly over the past few years and, as a consequence, Priority Group Three must have in excess of 20,000 potential fans within it. Therefore, anyone who is within Groups Four and Five therefore has virtually a zero chance of getting a ticket for a normal away league game and would only get a chance of a ticket if we''re making applications for an FA Cup Semi Final or Fianl at Wembley (both unlikely) or a Play Off Final (here''s hoping we don''t have to worry about that!)

Having regard to the above, it''s always going to be difficult to devise a system that will keep all parties happy. However, it does beg the question whether the current allocation system needs tweaking slightly given the number of fans now within Priority Group Three? 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]

[/quote]

You''re morphing from "amusing forum troll" into a bit of a bell-end now mate.

So, let me get this straight, because of the fact you are older, and have been supporting City longer than me, this means you are a more important fan than I am?

You bring nothing to the table, I''d be surprised if you can even remember what Carrow road looks like.
[/quote]

One of your most sensible posts morty, I think that''s how it should work.

The system is ridiculously unfair. First and foremost women and children should automatically be in the lowest priority group. The women obviously wouldn''t have much idea about the football compared to some boys so maybe boys would have a slightly higher priority. We are going to Ipswich so why would you let the weakest go. 

We all know this game was coming, if any of you tried to us your brain instead of waiting for the ballot, you would have brought the away stubs that were for sale on ebay, like wise chatted to you mates and picked up tickets along the way!The fact ive been to 10 away games was well worth it and this year i wasnt going to chance it as ive missed out every time before! Brain power wins everytime!