Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Unfair Ballots...?

Don''t know if anyones mentioned it any of the other posts so don''t shoot me down, But really annoyed that i havent been succesful in the Ipswich ballot. Im in group 3 (the season ticket one) & have been to at least 6 away games this season yet not 10 & also been a loyal supporter for a long time through thick and thin, Now i think that its unfair that people in their first season at Carrow road after we got promoted and with no away games should get to go over people in my situation. I know everyone can''t go but is there anything the club can do to better the ballot system in the future?... Sorry if i sound like a ****!

Unfortunatally there are always going to be people who miss out but I do agree about a fairer system being implemented. I think there should be priority group 2b where people with a season ticket and 5 away match stubs are put into. But oh well .. i''m missing the game too [:(] not because I couldn''t get a ticket but cause i''m going on holiday.

[quote user="Ben "]

Unfortunatally there are always going to be people who miss out but I do agree about a fairer system being implemented. I think there should be priority group 2b where people with a season ticket and 5 away match stubs are put into. But oh well .. i''m missing the game too [:(] not because I couldn''t get a ticket but cause i''m going on holiday.

[/quote]|Agree with that

Nobody is stopping you from going

Tickets are still available - just not in the basement bit at the front of the Cobbold Stadium

[quote user="Ben "]

[/quote]It''s all well and good saying that but it''s more work for the ticket office staff and more people trying to cadge tickets to get up to the required amount, I did 10 last season but couldn''t meet the 10 stubs as one of them was in the "Home Section" at Colchester that the club couldn''t accept.You would also start getting others saying they deserve the tickets more as they are traveling longer distances, more evening games etc

Fair enough Harry, Yehh i suppose im just being greedy :)Oh well will get myself some tickets for the beamback hoping for a good atmosphere there !

Surely in this Tory day in age the tickets should be auctioned to the highest bidders?

You''re right mate, and I completely understand your frustration. You are always gonna get the (what I call) glory supporters. Well maybe not so much for this game, but when doing well (and important games) every single time the demand will be high. Why didn''t the 5000 or so fans who applied for Ipswich not go to Scunthorpe in August, where around 800 went I believe? [:(] It saddens and frustrates me, but there is nothing you can do about it.

The casual ''first come first served'' always worked well in the past.Now you''re all in the hands of the club machine they can do what they like with you.

I can''t remeber this much moaning about the ballots in other seasons...

I think it should be first come first served but obiviously season ticket holders get priority over non season ticket holders.  That way it would stop all this it isn''t fair stuff as it would be your fault for not phoning up quick enough.

I missed out on it too just to add my two pennies worth [:(]

20 years of going to games, 17 years of being a season ticket holder, 3 years of travelling a 400 mile round trip just for the home games, about 8 or 9 away games a season, letting the club keep the £70 rebate money that i really could have used at the time, and can i get a ticket for the Scum game? Can i ****.

I know it''s just bad luck, but it''s getting beyond a joke now. Honestly can''t remember the last time i was actually successful in one of these ballots. In future i''ll cheat and grab some unused ticket stubs from friends, i think.

And i know the club are doing it in the only feasible way, but it does irritate me when i see people with their first season ticket and no away games to their name getting tickets for the big matches.

Thoroughly annoyed right now. At times, for purely selfish reasons, i miss the days of us getting crowds of 15,000 in this division.

Bah.

[quote user="Kid"] Now i think that its unfair that people in their first season at Carrow road after we got promoted and with no away games should get to go over people in my situation.

[/quote]

This has not happened for the Ipswich game.

In this computerised age, using a sliding scale must be quite easy to implement?

10 stubs = automatic approval

9 stubs

8 stubs etc etc

...and keep going until whatever allocation is used.

That would reward the most loyal away supporters and the others (including home season ticket holders like me) occasionally get left behind.

Whilst I have applied for Ipswich tickets, I honestly don''t expect to get them. That would be like winning the lottery - or ballot even!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The casual ''first come first served'' always worked well in the past.

Now you''re all in the hands of the club machine they can do what they like with you.
[/quote]

Did it? Do explain how.

[quote user="City1st"]Nobody is stopping you from going

Tickets are still available - just not in the basement bit at the front of the Cobbold Stadium[/quote]

Seems like there will be loads in the cobbold, although it thinkiits sold out now... onto the others!

My biggest issue is with the swansea game and them giving a ticket to the pompy game if you go! stuff the people who have been to 10 away games, 1 game 1 ticket!   UNFAIR!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The casual ''first come first served'' always worked well in the past.Now you''re all in the hands of the club machine they can do what they like with you.[/quote]

Did it? Do explain how.

[/quote]Arrive early.... queue up... get in.It''s that simple.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The casual ''first come first served'' always worked well in the past.Now you''re all in the hands of the club machine they can do what they like with you.[/quote]

Did it? Do explain how.

[/quote]Arrive early.... queue up... get in.It''s that simple.[/quote]Ah, yes Cluck, but that only works with home games doesn''t it ?Not forgetting that back in the day when you attended home games regularly our crowds were no doubt nowhere near as big as they are today.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

Did it? Do explain how.

[/quote]Arrive early.... queue up... get in.It''s that simple.[/quote]Ah, yes Cluck, but that only works with home games doesn''t it ?Not forgetting that back in the day when you attended home games regularly our crowds were no doubt nowhere near as big as they are today.

So the old boy who''s 91 and goes to all the games(away season ticket holder) should arrive early & queue up. I remember those queues..survival of the fittest and shove people out of the way cause"we''re the boys & we should have tickets"

System isn''t fool proof , I think it should be a sliding scale before it gets to ST holders who do their one game of the season and it would be better if everyones name was recorded when buying tickets thus removing need for stubs, but it is better than a free for all

I,m going to Ipswich so it isn''t an issue for me, but here''s my thoughtsWhy should season ticket holders get the same preferential treatment as supporters with 10 tickets stubs, also I believe a season ticket holder can request more than one ticket.Now a season ticket holder watches all home games surely that''s enough for the price of a season ticketNow an away supporter with 10 stubs has proved his worth on wanting to watch Norwich away and prepared to travel all over to watch themSo i would put treatment in the following order1, Away season ticket holders (one per member)2, Season ticket holder with 10 ticket stubs for away matches (only 1 per member)3, Fans with 10 ticket stubbs4, Season ticket holders 5, anyone elsesounds fair ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

Did it? Do explain how.

[/quote]All the more reason to do away with the ''big'' crowds then.Quality not quantity is the keyword here.

We all know how it operates, it''s just the luck of the draw. No good entering and moaning just because you didn''t get one.

I didn''t get one but I''m not moaning.

[quote user="The Young Ones"I,m going to Ipswich so it isn''t an issue for me, but here''s my thoughts

Why should season ticket holders get the same preferential treatment as supporters with 10 tickets stubs, also I believe a season ticket holder can request more than one ticket.

Now a season ticket holder watches all home games surely that''s enough for the price of a season ticket

Now an away supporter with 10 stubs has proved his worth on wanting to watch Norwich away and prepared to travel all over to watch them

So i would put treatment in the following order

1, Away season ticket holders (one per member)
2, Season ticket holder with 10 ticket stubs for away matches (only 1 per member)
3, Fans with 10 ticket stubbs
4, Season ticket holders
5, anyone else

sounds fair ?
[/quote

Your No.1 is not correct as Away season ticket holders only get one ticket.

Your No.2 is also not correct.A season ticket holder with ten stubs which puts them in Group 2 for any ballot only gets one ticket.

OP - I''ve had a season ticket 25 years. I live away from Norfolk so I have to travel to every home game. Due to family commitments I probably only make about 5-6 away games a season. Am I bitter? Not a bit of it.The rules are clear. 10 away ticket stubs. I knew I didnt have them so I would be in P3 for the derby. I didnt have much hope of getting an away ticket in the ballot so I chose to buy a ticket in the home end ahead of time as insurance. Quit moaning. You could have done the same.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"] it would be better if everyones name was recorded when buying tickets thus removing need for stubs, but it is better than a free for all[/quote]Doesn''t always work like that especially for exiled fans who sometimes pay on the gate for "local games".

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Year of the tiger"] it would be better if everyones name was recorded when buying tickets thus removing need for stubs, but it is better than a free for all[/quote]

Doesn''t always work like that especially for exiled fans who sometimes pay on the gate for "local games".

[/quote]

Or for people who buy away tickets on behalf of mates so they can sit together