Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Brendan Rodgers

Just reading the pinkun article about some of the stuff he has said, and straight away im struck by just how opposite he is to Lambert in terms of some of the stuff hes coming out with! QPR cant be catched (probably true but why say it) and having to talk up recent home results to put peoples minds at ease about an utter shower of a performance at preston.Just makes me vastly more happy to have the slightly more ambitous yet modest Lambert!

I agree and have also been thinking that exact thing with regards to the opposites between PL and Rogers.

I look at it like this - whatever our league position come the end of the season teams will come in for Lambert. However, I''m not sure that will be the same for Rogers. Putting bias aside, I don''t think he is anywhere near as good a manager as Lambert.

What highlighted this for me was how Rogers was so quick to comment on a possible points tally that would see his team promoted. Lambert didn''t comment.

I''m a huge fan of Brendan Rodgers. He was managing the Reading youth team at a very young age, learnt a lot under Mourinho but has his own style. Swansea are easily the best team I''ve seen at Carrow Road this season (apart from us, of course!). I''d rather have Lambert than anyone else in the world at this stage, but I think Rodgers is due a lot of credit personally, and I believe he will go on to be a top manager.

[quote user="Coelho"]I''m a huge fan of Brendan Rodgers. He was managing the Reading youth team at a very young age, learnt a lot under Mourinho but has his own style. Swansea are easily the best team I''ve seen at Carrow Road this season (apart from us, of course!). I''d rather have Lambert than anyone else in the world at this stage, but I think Rodgers is due a lot of credit personally, and I believe he will go on to be a top manager.[/quote]Would agree with Coelho. He''s a good manager - although I couldn''t say what went wrong at Reading. Still, he''s done very well indeed at Swansea and I think will take them into the Premiership this season. I just think it''ll be by the play offs!

Oh credit to him for what hes done, Swansea have been fantastic this season... its just coming down to the crunch I think hes been saying the wrong things in a very public way.

Have to say that Brendan Rodgers has to be given credit for how Swansea play the game in a division that allows alot of teams just to out muscle their opponents.

I am in no way saying that I''d want him here too, but he is in charge of the only other team I believe who plays the game in the right way. Where I believe PL stands above the rest is in his experience of playing in Germany and how he manages/motivates the team.

OTBC

[quote user="birchfest"]and having to talk up recent home results to put peoples minds at ease about an utter shower of a performance at preston.[/quote]He must be getting through to them; as reading around the internet, I''ve seen the same rhetoric coming from Swansea fans and players. Apparently they "always raise their game" against the better sides at home and so are bound to win tomorrow - no mentions of any possibility of us influencing the game at all. Getting quite sick of hearing about it actually.

[quote user="Northluck C."]He must be getting through to them; as reading around the internet, I''ve seen the same rhetoric coming from Swansea fans and players. Apparently they "always raise their game" against the better sides at home and so are bound to win tomorrow - no mentions of any possibility of us influencing the game at all. Getting quite sick of hearing about it actually.[/quote]I''ve been thinking exactly the same.  It''s like they''ve pinched Gary Doherty''s monday press conference cribsheet circa 2007/8.  We''ll do our talking on the pitch.

Swansea have played good football for a number of seasons started by Martinez (Wigan) and continued by Sousa.  Rodgers inherited a good team Scott Sinclair is the stand out player but preceded Rodgers with loan from Chelsea.  I think you are building up Rodgers he couldn''t do anything at Watford or Coventry (I think), they got rid quickly.  BR was lucky he picked up the Swansea job not a pach on PL as a manager.

If Lambert went he''d be the first manager leaving to make me feel as gutted as I did when Mike Walker headed off the first time...