Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Nottingham Forest next Friday

Some of my friends are Forest fans and will be coming to the game. I will probably advise them to park at County Hall, does anyone know how much this costs and what time you can start parking there for a night game? Also we will be wanting to go for a few drinks down Riverside before the game, will pubs will be segregated for home and away fans  for this game or should it be fine?

Theres that car park round the back of the station, large. I used it a few years back for footie matches.On the pub situation it will be fine to take them in the pub with you, there wont be any segregation. I have only ever seen pubs try and prevent supporters from comeing in when we played the Scum a few years back.I am going to attend this game with some Notts fans from uni too, lets give them a good old battering!

It costs £4 to park at County Hall, I usually park there around 6pm for evening games and there are already cars parked but couldn''t say what time they first let you park.Can''t see there being segregation down Riverside.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Theres that car park round the back of the station, large. I used it a few years back for footie matches.On the pub situation it will be fine to take them in the pub with you, there wont be any segregation. I have only ever seen pubs try and prevent supporters from comeing in when we played the Scum a few years back.I am going to attend this game with some Notts fans from uni too, lets give them a good old battering![/quote]That''s a pound more than County Hall and goes into NCP''s pocket where as The money from County Hall goes to The Lions Club, also found it easier to get out to the bypass quicker from County Hall.

How about the train? Direct, two and a half hours (much quicker than by car on a Friday) and if there''s a bunch of you, 4 can travel for the price of 2. One of the best kept secrets on the railway that is! You could probably do it for about 30quid each return that way (if there''s 4 of you that is).

I work for myself, so usually OK to attend most games - just checked all my diary dates and so many dates and times have changed haven''t they? It''s all a bit messy now if you ask me. Just glad the finish to the season is exciting enough to make up for it!...

[quote user="a1canary"]How about the train? Direct, two and a half hours (much quicker than by car on a Friday) and if there''s a bunch of you, 4 can travel for the price of 2. One of the best kept secrets on the railway that is! You could probably do it for about 30quid each return that way (if there''s 4 of you that is).[/quote]

We are taking the car because I''m not heading back to Nottingham afterwords, will be staying in Norwich for the weekend and they arn''t heading directly back into Nottingham after the game either, but thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the info. guys

A number of charity-operated car-parks are off Thorpe Road. Also one on St Stephen''s roundabout operates for Saturday games -  after the old hospital on right-hand-side just before the roundabout. Not sure if it operates for night games but if you are driving into the city down A11, it''s worth a look I guess.Some pubs charge to park to, if you''re not drinking there - Trowel and Hammer £4, The Woolpack £5 or £6.I think most pubs will have a mix of home and away fans for Forest. Squares used to be funny about away fans....

Hollywood Bowl don''t allow away colours in there. how funny is that? I went in there before the Palace game and a doorman wouldn''t let a Dad and his 6 year old son go bowling because they had Palace shirts on.

[quote user="a1canary"]How about the train? Direct, two and a half hours (much quicker than by car on a Friday) and if there''s a bunch of you, 4 can travel for the price of 2. One of the best kept secrets on the railway that is! You could probably do it for about 30quid each return that way (if there''s 4 of you that is).[/quote]

I dont think theres a direct train back to Nottingham from Norwich at 10pm ish anyway!

[quote user="priceyrice"] I am going to attend this game with some Notts fans from uni too, lets give them a good old battering!
[/quote]

Jeez, I thought they were your friends?