Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

Chris Martin Returns

CITY boss Paul Lambert says play-maker Wes Hoolahan will continue to

be assessed today ahead of Saturday''s clash with Swansea City at the

Liberty Stadium (5.20pm).

The Irishman was substituted after 64 minutes against Scunthorpe

suffering with a hamstring problem, and has not been training all week

to give him every opportunity to recover as quickly as possible.

However, striker Chris Martin has been back in full training this

week having recovered from a hamstring injury that''s seen him missing

from action for nearly two months. Having not played since City''s 2-1

win over Reading on February 12, Lambert said lack of match fitness may

be an issue for the 22 year-old.

If Hoolahan is fit enough to be involved, I can''t see how Martin can get on the bench

even if hoolahan isnt involved he still wont be on the bench.

subs would be: Rudd, Drury, Edwards, Smith, Lappin, Lansbury/Jackson (whoever doesn;t repalce hoolahan) and Vokes.

If Wes is on the bench then Lappin or smith will drop out

Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too.

I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.

[quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too.

I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]With Swansea''s wide men, playing Macnamee would be defensive suicide lol!

[quote user="paulo79"]even if hoolahan isnt involved he still wont be on the bench.

subs would be: Rudd, Drury, Edwards, Smith, Lappin, Lansbury/Jackson (whoever doesn;t repalce hoolahan) and Vokes.

If Wes is on the bench then Lappin or smith will drop out[/quote]We don''t need Lappin and Drury - in fact, wasn''t Drury not on the bench last game?

Against swansea would rather have more cover for midfield and defence as we have enough attacking players.

Also Martin isn;t good enough to warrant a place on the bench.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too.

I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]With Swansea''s wide men, playing Macnamee would be defensive suicide lol![/quote]True - Maybe I read it wrong. I was probably half asleep.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too.

I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]With Swansea''s wide men, playing Macnamee would be defensive suicide lol![/quote]True - Maybe I read it wrong. I was probably half asleep.[/quote] i think he was probably referring to swanseas wide men and the need to subdue them, not the need for wide men of our own.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too. I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]

With Swansea''s wide men, playing Macnamee would be defensive suicide lol!
[/quote]

True - Maybe I read it wrong. I was probably half asleep.
[/quote]

I suspect he was referring more to their wide men who are basically their main threat. Keep them quiet and we have a good chance. Sadly its the teams with quality wide men who have given us the most problems this season. I thought Swansea''s pair ran riot against us at Carrow Road earlier in the season and we also struggled in that department againts Leeds. Its to our immense credit that we didn''t lose any of those games but its a definite weakness as we are not blessed with pace in the fullback department and the diamond does leave the fullbacks a bit exposed. Will be interesting to see if Lambert does anything different to try and counteract their pace on the wings.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too.

I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]With Swansea''s wide men, playing Macnamee would be defensive suicide lol![/quote]True - Maybe I read it wrong. I was probably half asleep.[/quote]

You must have been half asleep, I read the same article about "Swansea''s dangerous wide men" as Morty.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too. I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]

[/quote]

True - Maybe I read it wrong. I was probably half asleep.
[/quote]

I read it fine and I was only half awake. [:D]

Personally I would go with a front three against Swansea: Pacheco, Holt, Jackson

I think the pace of Jackson could be crucial - so for me he has to start, but I may be alone in thinking this!

"Personally I would go with a front three against Swansea: Pacheco, Holt, Jackson

I think the pace of Jackson could be crucial - so for me he has to start, but I may be alone in thinking this!"

I would agree but play Pacheco just behind Holt and able to drop back into midfield, he''s got the pace and stamina.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too. [/quote]

Please No!

[/quote]Your a fan then Banananananana?

[quote user="jayncfc"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Please No!

[/quote]

Your a fan then Banananananana?
[/quote]

Huge fan of his, posters all over my room, his name on back of my kit, he is my screensaver, im him as a pro on fifa...the list is endless [;)][y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="jayncfc"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Please No!

[/quote]Your a fan then Banananananana?[/quote]

Huge fan of his, posters all over my room, his name on back of my kit, he is my screensaver, im him as a pro on fifa...the list is endless [;)][y]

[/quote]Yea.......... me tooo!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]Think we could see Macnamee on the bench too. I''m sure I read an article where Lambert said wide men would be key against Swansea.[/quote]

[/quote]

While I am not advocating him playing, I would point out that wingers can defnitely hurt Swansea. McNamee got in behind their defence at Carrow Road and provided the cross which Ashley Williams put through his own goal. Very big contribution pontentially.