Sign in to follow this  
ashleyla69 ashleyla69

The reserve match was dire play.

If you didnt go to the chelsea game last night you didnt miss mutch, the play was awful.

Holt-did he turn up?
Mcviegh-where were you?
Jarvis-needs support!
Crow-again needed support!

But to be fair i have to say our defence was class, better then our first team, our right back, i believe it was ollie willis - was amazing! Our keeper gallager was good as well, he should be givin a chance.

Crikey! A bit of a makeshift side....which included our GK coach. Looking at it now, a 1-0 loss and playing with 10 men for 73 minutes isn''t as bad as you would think.

A tad harsh on Gren i feel, although Gallagher is class. Harsh on the whole team actually, because the complete idiot (mild for me) in charge wrecked the match after a quarter of an hour. For a team made up of mostly Easton college boys a 1-0 defeat to Chelsea with 10 men isnt a bad effort, albeit Chelsea were complete crap. Give Holt a break, he was there solely to regain fitness, hes nowhere near ready to play proper football yet. Cant really report on the match or any incidents because it was entirely a non event. Neither side had a shot of real note apart fromm the goal.

i agree,the game was quite simply appalling, one of the worst ive seen in fact. obviously the pedantic ref didnt help matters at all by reducing our team down to ten men so early on. my enjoyment of the game was not helped either by the large number of people who arrived in the ground very late.some didnt make it into their seats until about 30 mins after kick off.then the idiots just couldnt settle, they were constantly squeezing past me either to go to the loo,the bar or to get something to fill their faces with. the worst offenders were the kids, who seemed to show very little interest in the match-maybe understandable on last nights performance admittedly. anyway, i shant be hurrying back to another reserve team fixture for a while.

the ref was a joke and ruined it for me. Two yellows in 10 minutes both for nothing offences in bad conditions.

I think he wanted to look good in front of the live Chelsea TV cameras.

Given that, yes we did look good defending with only 10 men against some talented Chelsea kids.

O.k. It wasn''t the most exciting game I have seen but as some agree 1-0 with ten men for most of the game was a good result.

As for Mr McVeigh I thought he had a good game especially the second half when he took it upon himself to organise the defence for corners and free kicks (obviously trying to Impress the boss) and looking at the stories he did.

Did Holt play poor? Anyway he was just back after a 8 weeks lay off, can''t be too harsh to him...