Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Glenn Roeder

He''s got previous in saving teams from the drop so maybe it''s not that bad an appointment [:^)]

In fairness to Roeder (and that''s something you don''t hear very often) he seems more suited to a Director of Football type role than he does as a coach in the long term. I thought he brought in some decent players for us (Hoolahan, Stefanovic (looked very decent prior to his injury), Bell, Lupoli, Clingan, Lita etc.) but failed to create a settled and happy side from those players.

Yeah, I think that if you keep him away from the dressing room/man management side of things, he could do a decent job.  He got Peter Grant''s motley rabble organised quickly enough.

It doesn''t seem possible that there was a time we feared losing him to Leicester City, if only we''d let him go we might  have earned a few bob in compensation. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!!!

Whilst he is no doubt a bit of a prick, he is a decent ''firefighter'' in a footballing sense- his record of taking over at a club on a short term basis and keeping them alive when they''re in the shit is very good.However, because he is a total arse, and it seems his players are aware of this, he always ends up having a hand in them being relegated the season after.

As Wacky Waving said, he is great for one season and has a good reputation about keeping a team up for one season.

Where he falls down is when he has to build relationships with players in that second season, so he may be ideal for Villa. By the sound of it the Villa players are already peeved off so bringing Roeder in won''t be too drastic!!

I really hope we end up playing them next season so we can all give him some stick...Roeder you''re a c**t,Roeder Roeder you''re a c**t!

[quote user="barclaystand"]I really hope we end up playing them next season so we can all give him some stick...

Roeder you''re a c**t,
Roeder Roeder you''re a c**t!

[/quote]I just don''t know how you people think of them. Did you make it up all by yourself?......

This is a strange one. [*-)]

Villa and Lerner were supposed to be shining beacons of how foreign ownership delivers for the fans.

Yet Roeder?

Hmmmmmm...

[^o)]

Good appointment. They *should* stay up anyway, and although most on here hate him, Roeder does have a good eye for players and tactics. His man management is clearly his weakpoint, but this job doesn''t require it. Just liaising with the Villa coaching staff.Remember, we would have definately gone down a season before if it weren''t for him, and although we were falling when he went, we WEREN''T in the drop zone. Gunn made sure we went down with his -even worse than GRs- loan signing, and absurd tactics and thoughts (2-0 up v so''ton, oh we needed the 3rd goal to win) etc etc.If we were to play against a side managed by him in the future, just think about this before you call him a cunt.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Bet he''ll end up in charge of Villa if Houllier gets the boot. Would be fearful for them if that was the case.[/quote]

So long as they leave Paul Lambert alone, I couldn''t care less!!!

[quote user="barclaystand"]I really hope we end up playing them next season so we can all give him some stick...Roeder you''re a c**t,Roeder Roeder you''re a c**t!

[/quote]

That''s a bit OTT to be fair.

I''m sure he''ll put all of his amazing people skills to use and who knows he might even convince Houllier to bring in his captain fantastic that is Mark Fotheringham. Poor poor Villa.

I wouldn''t let this guy have control over the remote control of my TV, let alone a football club. What are Villa thinking? Any guy off the street would be a better option than this!!!

It''s a total joke but thankfully I don''t care much for Brummies, so I guess all round it''s all okay, in fact it''s all rather good, the more I think about it, it''s actually getting better by the second! - Nice one Villa!

As others have said, he''ll probably do a job for them and keep them up this season. It''s next season which will be the problem- experience tells us he needs 9-12 months to destroy all morale in the dressing room. Or maybe he''s being brought in to exploit his fantastic West Ham and Newcastle contacts (.... which were going to be sooooo valuable for us [;)])  

I always thought that Roeder would have kept us up. We were not in the relegation zone when Gunn took over and it just nose dived from there.

Whilst Roeder is one of the worst managers this club had (along with Peter Grant, Brian Hamilton, Bryan Gunn etc) I do think we wouldn''t have been relegated, but as we can all see now our relegation was a good thing.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="barclaystand"]I really hope we end up playing them next season so we can all give him some stick...Roeder you''re a c**t,Roeder Roeder you''re a c**t!

[/quote]I just don''t know how you people think of them. Did you make it up all by yourself?......

[/quote]Lol. No I didn''t, had some help from a few thousand of my friends in the Barclay! [:)]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I always thought that Roeder would have kept us up. We were not in the relegation zone when Gunn took over and it just nose dived from there.

Whilst Roeder is one of the worst managers this club had (along with Peter Grant, Brian Hamilton, Bryan Gunn etc) I do think we wouldn''t have been relegated, but as we can all see now our relegation was a good thing.[/quote]

he wouldn''t have, he just wouldn''t. please take that back

Row D Seat 7"]I always thought that Roeder would have kept us up. We were not in the relegation zone when Gunn took over and it just nose dived from there. Whilst Roeder is one of the worst managers this club had (along with Peter Grant, Brian Hamilton, Bryan Gunn etc) I do think we wouldn''t have been relegated, but as we can all see now our relegation was a good thing

Don''t kid yourself!

The team was on a downward sprial long before Gunn took over and it would have only been a matter of time had Roeder stayed when we''d of dropped in to the relegation zone!

After Gunn came in results briefly improved and so did the players morale!

I definately think had Roeder stayed we''d of probably been relegeted but also the club would have descended into civil war similar to that seen during the last days of Robert Chase in 1996!

Yes I agree if Gunn had kept us up that would have only been a false dawn and messrs Lambert and Mcnally might of never came to the club but relegations never a good thing - Its just the club have made better decisions after going down to League 1 last season!