Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

Svensson set to quit ?!

I hope there is no truth in this at all but after reading The Sun today in the footy index i saw this ''''Andreas Svensson and Mathias Svensson are ready to quit Southampton and Norwich respectivily for Sweden'''' .. Its was on page 51 .. im still tryin to work it out lol ... any ideas ?

I also saw this in a swedish newspaper. Both Mattias and Anders Svensson played for Elfsborg in the Swedish "Allsvenska" before they left for England. The club is making a serious effort this season (starts in the spring) with a new stadium and some new signings. Both of them would be top players in the swedish league (that I doubt is better then the championship).
Unfortunately i cannot find the article on www.aftonbladet.se but the Elfsborg chairman said the no contact had been taken with Norwich or Svensson but he was aware of the situation and he would love to se him in Elfsborg. Svensson said that he was planning to end his career in Sweden and that Elfsborg was the only option there, he also added that he was currently under contract with Norwich.

But why tho and what, Andreas is only in like his mid 20''s and Mattias is only 30 They aint retiring ... And it says they quit or summit for Sweden ? is this International or what ?

Well Svensson (matty) hasn''t come out and denied the rumours has he??

I reckon he will be on his way in the summer regardless of whether we stay up or not, and quite frankly, if he''s gonna turn his back on us, then i don''t want a player at our club who is not commited and loyal to us. If he''s not fighting our cause then it renders him useless to us IMVHO.

SELL HIM. He´s pants. My grandmothers only got one leg bless her and she´s quicker than him, and he´s got the touch of a giant baboon on stilts, and the worst haircut ever, and if thats natural blond i´m Elton Johns personal assistant - hold on i am!  It´s a tough job you know

Ah.the great king of latvia has spoken. I can assure you my friend that i am a regular and indeed probably more than you. I can also assure you of a more educated reply than your drivel! My retort was indeed meant ´tongue in cheek´, but alas you could not detect this. I still retain the belief that Mr Svensson is not upto the standard that we require - nee last year nor this - if his was fit! Sell him and recoup!

p.s please be more constructive in your argument next time.