Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Neil Warnock loses his temper...

Ok, not strictly Norwich related (could be in a few weeks time though ;)), but thought I''d post this 9 minute video of Colin losing it big time here so the masses can watch it, I''m sure most Pink''un posters won''t have seen this and would be a shame to waste it in the ''other football'' section which most of us probably only visit once every blue hooped moon...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcz2zu_neil-warnock-gives-a-dressing-room_sport

I should warn those who have a problem with swearing that this video is not short of a ''twit'' or two, as you''d probably expect ;)

Talk about ''Old School''!

Look at the body language of his players in there - low in self esteem, scared, demotivated, unsure of themselves and sent out for the second half with a last instruction which is negatively phrased. I''d be most surprised if they managed to pull back the two-goal deficit after that.

Yes, Mr Warnock is one of a dying breed - it''s a wonder he hasn''t had a heart attack if he regularly gets in that state!

He can''t be that bad though, or else his player retention would be very low. That doesn''t seem to be the case - mind you,should Shane Long fancy a more pleasant working environment I for one would be very happy to see him playing here!

My old P.E. teacher/school football manager was like that (minus the swearing of course!) and he was absolutely brilliant. If he told you to work hard, you''d bloody well work hard. Sometimes giving people a complete dressing down brings the best out of them!

Also going to be controversial and say that''s quite tame. I''m 100% certain there have been much, much worse managers dressing-downs in the changing room. In fact, I think Warnock ends up encouraging them more than anything!

Great link

I''d love to see a video of the infamous ''Fergie hairdryer''!

Wonder if Lambert ever gets loud in the dressing room (hasn''t had much need to do so at City so far) because he seems so calm in press conferences.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]anyone know the final result of that game? And how they did in the 2nd half?
[/quote]

2-1

Warnock is a tosser.. he is succesful granted but i feel he picks players of a similar attitude to him.Football is a team game and if you win its as a team if you lose its as a team.  you never point the finger at an individual for a goal or criticise because if you hadn''t lost the ball as a team 2 minutes earlier you wouldnt have conceded.. there is no I in team.. there is a "ME" in team but that''s a different story ;)Warnocks well out of order.. take a player to one side and quietly explain what he did wrong and how he can improve.the hardest thing to do as a manager is get players to listen, because they feel if they do it their own way they can do better... Running a football team as i do I can say that''s never going to work. some players respond to a lambasting like that, im guessing in the professional game when they are getting paid then there''s more riding on it.if fans want to lambast that''s up to them.. they pay their money and sadly can do what they want... but the management of any team need to get the best out of what they have. The players may not be good enough, they may be better then they think they are.... they may need more self belief. the games only over when the ref blows the final whistle and regardless of the scoreline or performance there are always positives to take out of a game no matter how small....Warnock is a bell end.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] Warnock is a tosser.. he is succesful granted but i feel he picks players of a similar attitude to him.Football is a team game and if you win its as a team if you lose its as a team.  you never point the finger at an individual for a goal or criticise because if you hadn''t lost the ball as a team 2 minutes earlier you wouldnt have conceded.. there is no I in team.. there is a "ME" in team but that''s a different story ;)Warnocks well out of order.. take a player to one side and quietly explain what he did wrong and how he can improve.the hardest thing to do as a manager is get players to listen, because they feel if they do it their own way they can do better... Running a football team as i do I can say that''s never going to work. some players respond to a lambasting like that, im guessing in the professional game when they are getting paid then there''s more riding on it.if fans want to lambast that''s up to them.. they pay their money and sadly can do what they want... but the management of any team need to get the best out of what they have. The players may not be good enough, they may be better then they think they are.... they may need more self belief. the games only over when the ref blows the final whistle and regardless of the scoreline or performance there are always positives to take out of a game no matter how small....Warnock is a bell end.[/quote]

I think it''s amazing that He can generate such feelings of hate from someone who a) has never met him, b) has never played pro football and has probably not met someone who has played for him. His public persona is an act, it is a clever tactic to draw the attention away from his players, making him the pantomime villain. Hucks posted on this subject earlier in the year saying that he always thought that Warnock was a prat but had been told by some fellow pro''s that he is a top man to work for and a really nice chap. If the worst was to happen and Lambert was to leave, I''d have warnock here in a flash.

I found it very interesting that it the names of the players seem to constantly escape him. "You do this, you do that". He really is a tool

I''ve actually met his ex captain at Sheff Utd. I asked him about what its like to play for Warnock and he smiled and said no comment. He did say he was happier with his current boss which was Lenny Lawrence back then. He did divulge that NOT ONE manager goes back to his room after the match for a drink unlike a large proportion of other managers,

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I''ve actually met his ex captain at Sheff Utd. I asked him about what its like to play for Warnock and he smiled and said no comment. He did say he was happier with his current boss which was Lenny Lawrence back then. He did divulge that NOT ONE manager goes back to his room after the match for a drink unlike a large proportion of other managers,[/quote]

Interesting, I am not trying to pick holes in what you say but I am keen to know, this ex-captain you met, was/is he a mate or was it a one-off meeting? I only ask because if you met him just the once and he divulged everything you stated above, to a relative stranger, it would give me a greater insight into his lack of professionalism than it would Warnock''s.

I am sure Warnock might be an arse but he gets an enormous amount out of his players and I cannot believe that he could do that out of fear alone - football is not like that anymore.

Dare I say it, but I actually quite like Colin. Managers like him make football all the more interesting. There''s lots of gamesmanship with him, would be surprised if most people with half a brain don''t realise this.

I am another one who quite likes the man. And I would also have him here like a shot if the woirst did happen and PL left us.

What this clip fails to show is the few minutes before his team talk/rant.

I have seen the full clip and he always consults two of his coaching staff on their take of the first half, and then adds his own thoughts and what you saw was a reaction to three members of staff on what they had seen. The people who deserved a bollicking got one.

He''s a winner like him or not.

This is my favourite from his Wiki page

Warnock''s reputation started poorly with Bury fans and finally was destroyed when he was seen wearing a Sheffield Utd tie for an interview at Gigg Lane prior to a match against them. He had the accolade of receiving abuse from the whole stadium when Bury played away to Oldham Athletic where he was held in similar regard.

Lastly he fell out with fans favourite Iwan Roberts at Huddersfield and sold him, but gained promotion the following year.

Being a Northener you could say he was his own man

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/01/11/being-your-own-man/

HRH

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]What this clip fails to show is the few minutes before his team talk/rant.

I have seen the full clip and he always consults two of his coaching staff on their take of the first half, and then adds his own thoughts and what you saw was a reaction to three members of staff on what they had seen. The people who deserved a bollicking got one.

[/quote]

I''ve seen that clip but it''s only a few mere seconds on the front of the rant itself - You only briefly see him stood with his 2 colleagues with his cuppa but don''t hear anything worthwhile, infact from memory you don''t hear anything at all?

Not showing conversations he had with staff prior gives an impression the clip shown was just a rant, it wasn''t.

In his voice over before the "rant" he explained how the content of his half time talk was formed. He speaks with his coaching staff and then has his own input before he composes himself and then that is when the clip shown starts.

The point i am trying to make is that he didn''t just "go off on one" it was more considered and to the point and happened as a result of discussion with others.

HRH