Sign in to follow this  
Colufan.

Friendly against Colchester

Hello there ,

Colchester fan here , just thought i would delight you all by saying we will be playing you in a friendly game on August 1st. Its a testimonial match for our midfielder Kem Izzet for 10 years at the club.

Surprised by the choice of team but hey im sure you''ll fill our ground for us.

Not sure why but i hope you get promoted , you play some quality football and would be good for East Anglia to have a team in the top tier again.

Nope certainly no link , just think it''s a case of getting more fans to the game rather than playing a premiership reserve side.

He came on as sub for the 7-1 game but started the 5-0 loss.

Really do think it''s just a case of getting as many fans to the ground as possible , and the only games to do that would be you or Ipswich.

Hope for your sake all your best players play rubbish on the day because you know what Lambert is like anyone decent and we will be signing them the next day.

Somebody should warn the lad its a bloody poor choice of opponents for his testimonial. Better remind him that his chairman would rather see the seats in the stadium empty than given to Norwich fans. (Can''t quite remember the exact quote from Robbie)

[quote user="jbghost"]Somebody should warn the lad its a bloody poor choice of opponents for his testimonial. Better remind him that his chairman would rather see the seats in the stadium empty than given to Norwich fans. (Can''t quite remember the exact quote from Robbie)[/quote]

I seem to remember Tierney saying he would never play for Norwich. Now he is a key player in our promotion push to the Premier League. So it wouldnt be the first Colchester U turn!

Should this be true, it''s an amazing about turn by the Colchester Chairman. First he didn''t want us on his seats (rather have them empty than sell any to Norwich) now he''d like us to fill them after all. What an inconsistent man.

Actually now they''re working for a top Chief Exec, ''consistency'' is one quality that Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa are displaying in abundance. What a mis-match our highly-valued trio must have been down there!

Not sure how many fans would want to travel to support a player we''ve never had a connection with though?

I won''t be going, not after the way Cowling was towards us.[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/sdfghsdfgfh.jpg[/IMG]