Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Ipswich beam-back

I''ve never been to a beam-back before so I don''t really know what it''s like and the club have said that you can either sit in the Barclay lounges or in the Main Stand and watch it on a ''jumbo screen'' so which one would be better?  I''m worried that there could be some kind of glare on the one outside!

I''ve not been to one either but if the screen is situated in front of the Main Stand there shouldn''t be a problem with glare.

Where would the glare be from? it will be dark for most of the game and if it is sunny it will be way to low at the start of game

I dont know which is best though, i have been to one beam back on screen outside but that was 20 plus years ago (i think). I am going to this one..do you get optiion of inside or outside ticket or does one ticket cover both

I''ve been to every beam back since 2003 and they''re quality. The outside option is better than the lounges.

It''s only a 42" in the lounges and it was about 10 people deep at the Charlton game last season, couldn''t see much unless you were at the front.

[quote user="Largey"]When you say the Main Stand, are you referring to the City Stand or the Jarrold?[/quote]Think it''s in the Barclay or at least it was last time I went during the Saints game in the Prem season, couldn''t see a thing as it was such a sunny day but should be ideal for Ipswich with it being an evening kick off.

"When you say the Main Stand, are you referring to the City Stand or the Jarrold? "

oh dear

is it this bad ?

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/NorwichCity-Club-CarrowRoad-CARROWROAD_1302111166140.png[/IMG]

[quote user="City1st"]"When you say the Main Stand, are you referring to the City Stand or the Jarrold? "

oh dear

is it this bad ?[/quote]

The magic of city fans...lol

I have always considered the City Stand to be the main stand, but people are mentioning sitting in the Jarrold to watch beam-backs on previous occasions and the Jarrold would accommodate more supporters, so I think it''s a pretty fair question!

Fair enough Largey lol!  I meant the City Stand btw.  This is what is on the official site:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchTickets/0,,10355~2329630,00.html 

It says you can wtach it from the City Stand so I presume that means sitting in the City Stand with the screen in front of the Jarrold?  Either way I''m going to be sitting outside now, thanks for the info guys [:)]

I should have just said City Stand to begin with lol!

A probable drawback (going from 1 previous experience), will be that you won''t be able to have a sherbert whilst watching the game, if you sit in the stand and watch it.Believe it or not, they enforce the ''no alcohol within sight of the pitch'' rule,even for televised games!

i have been to beam back for charlton last season, it was on a projector but it says screens this time, they said on the phone the other day it was being shown at the Barclay so as i didn''t get ipswich tickets i will be on the phone tomorrow morning

Thanks Boyo for confirming!

Are they also highly stringent on fans not entering the field of play if we score?!

Of the beam backs ive been to ive only been in the lounges once (vs Sunderland when we won Division 1) not to bad but id defiantly recommend sitting in the stands over it. Can get a bit of atmosphere going and probably worth a tenner if you cant watch the games by any other means.

However I do they''d hurry up and invent some kind of 3D hologram thing to project over the pitch, would be a bit better I think ;-)

[quote user="Largey"]When you say the Main Stand, are you referring to the City Stand or the Jarrold?[/quote]

I assume you dont get to carra rd very much...if ever

[quote user="Largey"]I have always considered the City Stand to be the main stand, but people are mentioning sitting in the Jarrold to watch beam-backs on previous occasions and the Jarrold would accommodate more supporters, so I think it''s a pretty fair question![/quote]

Not a fair question if you really support NCFC

Just about to wander over and grab some tickets! I''m assuming they will go pretty quickly judging by the amount of people moaning about not getting tickets for Portaloo Road.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Just about to wander over and grab some tickets! I''m assuming they will go pretty quickly judging by the amount of people moaning about not getting tickets for Portaloo Road.

[:)]
[/quote]

Leave 3 for me Morty I''m hoping to watch it on the jumbo screen outside

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]yes very quick, i am ready with the phone r u buying them 4 outside i think i am[/quote]I think you just buy a ticket, then sit where you like.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Just about to wander over and grab some tickets! I''m assuming they will go pretty quickly judging by the amount of people moaning about not getting tickets for Portaloo Road.[:)][/quote]

Leave 3 for me Morty I''m hoping to watch it on the jumbo screen outside

[/quote]Will do!I am buying 4 (moan, moan rant, bloody 40 quid to watch a footy game on the telly etc etc!)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snakepit Lass"]yes very quick, i am ready with the phone r u buying them 4 outside i think i am[/quote]I think you just buy a ticket, then sit where you like.[/quote]Actually, just looked on the offy site and it looks like you have to choose where you want to sit when you buy the ticket.